Bobby Brown claims he once dated Janet

IvanaIloveMJ

Proud Member
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Promotional materials for Bobby Brown's new autobiography are claiming that the R&B singer once dated Janet, an MTV.com article is reporting.

Janet has never publicy stated whether or not she actually ever dated him. The autobiography, Bobby Brown: The Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But, is due in stores next month.

UPDATE: The YBF has this exclusive quote about Janet from Brown's autobiography:

"The way our relationship ended kind of broke my heart. I was telling her that I loved her and wanted her to leave the guy she was with at the time. She told me she couldn't and that her family wouldn't allow her to be with a black man. This really shocked me so I backed off."

sorce: janet-xone

Well, If Janet told Bobby that, she probably said it to put him off, but it would not be a nice thing to say about her family.If Janet said that to Bobby, then she aught to be a shamed of herself.

Last edited:
Shut up Bobby. Damn man. He's talented, but his career has long been over and he needs to shut his trap. Some people just don't know where to draw the line. I'm sure Janet is gonna say something about this. She ought to anyway. Classless thing of Bobby Brown to do. Just shows how desperate he is.

Shut up Bobby. Damn man. He's talented, but his career has long been over and he needs to shut his trap. Some people just don't know where to draw the line. I'm sure Janet is gonna say something about this. She ought to anyway. Classless thing of Bobby Brown to do. Just shows how desperate he is.
He is writing his autobiography, and he has as much right to write it and tell the truth just like any other major star. He was very big in his time. He has a story to tell. If he is telling the truth why should he shut up? If he dated Janet and she told him that, that is very bad and he has every right to put it in his book.:)

Last edited:
I wouldnt be surprised seems Janet has dated a few famous ppl including Robert DeNiro.

I wouldnt be surprised seems Janet has dated a few famous ppl including Robert DeNiro.
Thats the trouble though, when you date celebrities, and they write their autobiography, you can expect that you are going to get mentioned in the book. MJ has been mentioned in so many autos. He can't help that.

Last edited:
It's called class. I don't mean to bring Michael in to this, but when he wrote his autobiography, he didn't trash talk anybody or dish on anybody. He just told about himself and his life experiences, in a limited capacity and he only said good things about other people, even though I'm sure he had many not so good stories. Bobby Brown isn't exactly credible. He has no career left to speak of. I'm a fan of Bobby's, he's talented. But I'm just being honest. I've never heard of any connection Bobby had with Janet and I'm sure you would feel differenly Datsymay if Bobby Brown said something like this about any other Jackson.

Last edited:
It's called class. I don't mean to bring Michael in to this, but when he wrote his autobiography, he didn't trash talk anybody or dish on anybody. He just told about himself, in a limited capacity. Bobby Brown isn't exactly credible. He has no career left to speak of. I'm a fan of Bobby's, he's talented. But I'm just being honest. I've never heard of any connection Bobby had with Janet and I'm sure you would feel differenly Datsymay if Bobby Brown said something like this about any other Jackson.
Bobby did not trash talk Janet. He told of his experience with her. It is his book and his truth. Many people felt that MJ's book was light weight because he didn't write much about his personal life. Bobby is doing that, telling his story. There is nothing classy about an autobiograpy when it comes to telling the truth. Bobby has never claimed to be classy either, but if what he said about Janet is the truth, then that is very lacking in class of Janet, not to mention the fact that she was probably cheating on someone else. She had better come out and deny this or else it will not go down well in the black community.^_^

Last edited:
Ive heard before somewhere that Janet had dated Bobby so I believe that part. As for how she dumped him...dunno on that.

She had better come out and deny this or else it will not go down well in the black community.^_^

Most ppl wont even care IMO being as Bobby seems desperate to make money now and Janet isnt going to acknowledge this at all because it would be promoting it and would cause more of a sensation than there ought to be.

Last edited:
Most ppl wont even care IMO being as Bobby seems desperate to make money now and Janet isnt going to acknowledge this at all because it would be promoting it and would cause more of a sensation than there ought to be.
You are probably right, but Bobby still has hard core fans out there. I just went to you tube to watch some of his videos, he is amazing. That kind of talent will always have fans. Many people in the black community have argued that the Jacksons were stuck up and had problems with their race. This kind of info which is posted on MTV for the world to read, doesn't do the Jackson family justice.
If Janet said this to him, he has every right to be hurt by this and every right to write it down in his book. Janet has some explaining to do.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Nicole. Bobby was not right and I did not like what he was saying about Whitney Houston. He was saying that basically the reason why she married him was because she wanted to kill the rumors about her being a bisexual. Now, it could be true, it could be false, but how would it look? It would look like his relationship with Whitney was false and how would daughter, Bobbi Kristina feel? Bobby did not think about that. He just wrote the book to make headlines and get it to sell.

Now, he could have went out with Janet. That could be true. But to assume that her family would not be into him because he is black or did not want to go out with him because he is black, I do not believe. This is the same Janet that have no problem doing sexual type things on the stage when her mother and sister Rebbie cannot see. LOL. Bobby needs to sit down. And he also claimed that he messed with Madonna - now THAT is funny. LOL.

True comment or not, that is a quote released to hype his book.

As for it's validity, Janet managed to hide a marriage for a long time ... nothing is impossible. However, it is all speculation from a less than credible source, who has only something to gain from making a comment like that.

Dude is a hella funny country singer/star :lol: anyone seen him on the CMT reality show ??

So....Bobby Brown claims he dated Janet, but he was Black for her, that her family didn't want him? As though they weren't black? If the story - one crying for attention - is a valid one, the reason for the relationship collapsing must have been his crack head. Sorry for the bluntness, but this is ridiculous, and an attack on the entire Jackson family, because he is basically naming them racists.

Whitney's life was destroyed because of this person, and it was the best decision of her life to leave him. And now he is up for the 'tell-all' route, like the people trying to get a life. Really sad.

I have to agree with Nicole. Bobby was not right and I did not like what he was saying about Whitney Houston. He was saying that basically the reason why she married him was because she wanted to kill the rumors about her being a bisexual. Now, it could be true, it could be false, but how would it look? It would look like his relationship with Whitney was false and how would daughter, Bobbi Kristina feel? Bobby did not think about that. He just wrote the book to make headlines and get it to sell.

Now, he could have went out with Janet. That could be true. But to assume that her family would not be into him because he is black or did not want to go out with him because he is black, I do not believe. This is the same Janet that have no problem doing sexual type things on the stage when her mother and sister Rebbie cannot see. LOL. Bobby needs to sit down. And he also claimed that he messed with Madonna - now THAT is funny. LOL.
Why do you think Bobby messing with Madonna is funny? I remember when Bobby was the most sort after popstar in the world. Every kid was dressing like Bobby brown. I went to Manhattan and all I could see was Bobby brown in lights in Times Square. He was really huge. The biggest thing since Michael Jackson.
Bobby might be a crack head, but I don't believe he is making up these stories. he just don't strike me as that type of person. Now I wish Janet would come out and deny this story before it gets any further.

Last edited:
i dont think it is funny, so much as, I cannot picture the two hookin' up and even the picture I come up with ... it just looks BAD :lol: blaaaaah

all i can picture is Maddy being a part of the reality show and screaming like whitney. "BOBBBBBAAAAY, BOBBBBBAAAAAAYYYY!!!"

Last edited:
Bobby did not claim that the family was racist. He said the Janet told him that the family would not aprove. People who live in the black community will know and understand what Bobby is saying. There are some who have accused the Jackson of this in the past. This is why what Bobby is saying takes on a new significane. I do not believe for one minute that the Jckson family would say such a thing, but that doesn't rule out the posibility that Janet may have used them as an excuse to let Bobby down easily. I would love to hear Janets explanation for this accusation.

Last edited:
mmm OK, fair enough, he insinuated that Janet said as much about her family though.

Not a nice thing to do :(

Bad Form Bobby ... bad bad form, Bobby ... BOBBBBAAAAAAAAY !!

Last edited:
i dont think it is funny, so much as, I cannot picture the two hookin' up and even the picture I come up with ... it just looks BAD :lol: blaaaaah

all i can picture is Maddy being a part of the reality show and screaming like whitney. "BOBBBBBAAAAY, BOBBBBBAAAAAAYYYY!!!"
:lol::lol: I think there is a lot that happens in secret that we may never know about. I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna threw herself at him. Those were the days before she was that big. Didn't she try it with MJ as well:lol:
To tell the truth I was very surprised when Bobby married Whitney. I really felt that she desrved better.

Last edited:
mmm OK, fair enough, he insinuated that Janet said as much about her family though.

Not a nice thing to do :(

Bad Form Bobby ... bad bad form, Bobby ... BOBBBBAAAAAAAAY !!
I don't know if I am reading it wrong, but I thought he actually said that she said her family would not approve. I hope he is lying, but I will keep an open mind. Was Janet married at this time? Why was she dating Bobby if she was married?^_^

did not want her to be with a black man??? LOL! what the hell is that all about.. ha ha!!

B frikin S

did not want her to be with a black man??? LOL! what the hell is that all about.. ha ha!!

B frikin S
Bobby is saying that is what Janet told him. You may laugh but this type of talk is not strange to the ears of black people. The Jackson family has been accused of this in the past, so has Michael. This is why Bobby's claims would probably make waves if Janet doesn't clear it up.

Datsymay you are clearly a hater.and that's all I am going to say .

anyaway this is obvious untrue, I mean hello she's dating JD now, and she probably never said that to begin with, I think he's just assuming that because at the time she more interested in Rene than him.
I also find it funny in another part that leaked he blamed Janet for his drinking problems, because he took the break up that hard lol, and he says that he never got into crack untill he met whitney. I think he needs to take resposibilty for his own actions and quit blamming his problems on others.

Last edited:
Datsymay you are clearly a hater.and that's all I am going to say .

anyaway this is obvious untrue, I mean hello she's dating JD now, and she probably never said that to begin with, I think he's just assuming that because at the time she more interested in Rene than him.
I also find it funny in another part that leaked he blamed Janet for his drinking problems, because he took the break up that hard lol, and he says that he never got into crack untill he met whitney. I think he needs to take resposibilty for his own actions and quit blamming his problems on others.
Why couldn't you have said all of that without stooping to the name calling? What is wrong with a difference of opnion? Geese.

Why couldn't you have said all of that without stooping to the name calling? What is wrong with a difference of opnion? Geese.

At this point I find it more than having a difference of oppion. everything you have posted about Janet is consdierably biased and clearly comes from your dislike for her. like somebody already said if it would have been any other Jacskon you would have defended them, so whatever. but because it's Janet, it's she told Bobby that about her to let him down and make her family look bad, and now black people are going to believe it because they accuse the Jacksons of trying being white. give me a break you really went out your way on this one

I don't know about Bobby, but there was a rumor once that she dated Johnny Gill, but both denied it. Janet HAS said that Michael used to tease her about her big butt. Whether or not this is true, what's the point of blabbing it out? I've heard about her with Robert DeNiro also, I think it was late 80s. Now Bobby being with Madonna isn't a surprise, she did get around, lol. I read a Madonna book and he was mentioned in it.

I don't know if I am reading it wrong, but I thought he actually said that she said her family would not approve. I hope he is lying, but I will keep an open mind. Was Janet married at this time? Why was she dating Bobby if she was married?^_^

No, you are not reading it wrong.

What I was meaning is that, Bobby stated something that makes it look like Janet is calling her family ... **thinks of nicer way to phrase it**

**tries again**

Bobby state something, that makes it look like Janet is saying, that her family has something against thier own race. That still sounds crappy but that is what was stated.

At this point I find it more than having a difference of oppion. everything you have posted about Janet is consdierably biased and clearly comes from your dislike for her. like somebody already said if it would have been any other Jacskon you would have defended them, so whatever. but because it's Janet, it's she told Bobby that about her to let him down and make her family look bad, and now black people are going to believe it because they accuse the Jacksons of trying being white. give me a break you really went out your way on this one
Everybody comes on this board with biased opnions. I am not unigue in this. This is what keeps this board ticking and make conversations interesting. Deal with it. State your biased opnion and leave me alone with mine. I disrespected no one. There is no rules that I must like miss Jackson on an MJ board. She is not my favourite Jackson but I have never disrespected her, or even diss her. I simply state my biased opnion of her. I am entitled to that. I Never attack others for their biased opnion on others on this board. Allow me the same curtesy.:)

Back