Janet in Japan!

Janet pays a surprise visit to dance students

• April 10, 2008

When students at the dance studio were told to practice several dance routines to Janet Jackson songs, they were told their reward would be a visit from one of her choreographers.
Gathered at the dance studio, they were excited enough - and were amazed when the choreographer turned out to be Janet herself.

She entered the dance studio to squeals of surprise and settled on a studio couch to watch the students perform to two songs from her new ‘Discipline’ album - ‘Rock With You’ and ‘Feedback’.

Then Janet gave a little feedback of her own, taking several questions from the dance students.

Janet said: “We’re always holding auditions and people come from all over the world actually. From Europe we’ve had kids. We’ve had kids come from Japan actually to audition so that’s really where to begins. Every time we embark on a new project we hold auditions or for a tour, we hold auditions.”

One dance student asked Janet: “I’m taking dance lessons and voice training. What else should I do to become big star like you?”
Janet replied: “Oh, You do? You do? I would add acting to that. Take acting class, really. It’s all about being a triple threat these days, being able to do everything. That’s the way they did back in the day, like the movies I was telling you I watched. They could act and they could sing and they could dance, and then they went on to do things that their hearts, I guess, dreamed of like direct or choreograph so I would take acting classes and stick with it. Stick with it. “

Another student then askde: “I’m 12 years old. Please give me some advice on how to dance sexy jazz dance for 12 year old girl.”

Janet answered: “Sexy jazz dance at 12 years old? I don’t know. I wasn’t dancing sexy at 12 years old so I don’t know what to tell you but to keep studying and practicing the way that you do and it will come. It will definitely come.”

Janet added: “Dance to me is everything. I love what I do. I love writing music. I love creating music and singing it but it really wouldn’t be what it truly is for me without the dance and dance, it expresses. Everyone, you have your own feel and your own style and it’s a great way, you are individual so you are able to express yourself through your dance, making you who you are and expressing that through your dance.”

After watching the students perform to her song, Janet promised to invite them backstage to her concert in Japan during her world tour that starts in September.

Janet ended the visit by posing with students for photographs.

source: janet-love

jap1.jpg

jap2.jpg

jap4.jpg

jap5.jpg

tokyodancestudio041008f.jpg
tokyodancestudio041008e.jpg
tokyodancestudio041008d.jpg
tokyodancestudio041008c.jpg
tokyodancestudio041008b.jpg
tokyodancestudio041008a.jpg

Last edited: