Modern day prophets...

Ape

Guests
Do you ever wonder sometimes why so many are strongly pulled towards Michael Jackson and his music, or why some are so strongly trying to tear him down despite what we know about him. He isn't portrayed the way he is in his music. Much of his lyrics stand for fixing this world. When I really listen to his music with an open mind, I sometimes can't believe what I hear (or read if Im reading the lyrics). I know you don't all believe in God...but for those who do (and even those who don't if you try to open your mind) would God not still speak to those willing to listen? Music would be such a wonderful way to spread a message. Even if you take God out of the equation you have something very important being said here that together, we really could work towards changing. I don't think this is all just about the music.

Just a small bit of lyrics I pulled out to show as an example....

How many victims must there be
Slaughtered in vain across the land
And how many struggles must there be
Before we choose to live the prophet's plan
Everybody sing...

Nation To Nation
All The World
Must Come Together

Face The Problems
That We See
Then Maybe Somehow We Can Work It Out

False Prophets Cry Of Doom
What Are The Possibilities

That's Much More In Demand
You Got World Hunger
Not Enough To Eat
So There's Really No Time
To Be Trippin' On Me

You can change the world (I can't do it by myself)
You can touch the sky (Gonna take somebody's help)
You're the chosen one (I'm gonna need some kind of sign)

Faces fill with madness
Miracles unheard of, hold on
Faith is found in the winds
All we have to do
Is reach for the truth

And the dream we would conceived in
Will reveal a joyful face
And the world we once believed in
Will shine again in grace

Then why do we keep strangling life
Wound this earth, crucify it's soul
Though it's plain to see, this world is heavenly
Be God's glow.

Create a world with no fear
Together we'll cry happy tears
See the nations turn
Their swords into plowshares

We could really get there
If you cared enough for the living

But if you came to see
The truth, the purity

It’s here inside a lonely heart

What have we done to the world
Look what we've done
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son.

Somebodys out to get me
They really wanna fix me, hit me
But this time around Im taking no ****

Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear

Just Make This
Thing Come True

(Make A Dream Come True)

And nations
Causing grief in
Human relations
Its a turf war
On a global scale
Id rather hear both sides
Of the tale

Everyone's Taking Control Of Me
Seems That The World's
Got A Role For Me
I'm So Confused
Will You Show To Me

Tell Me
What Are We Doin'

To Try To Stop This

Maybe this is all just a given to most MJ fans but just meditate on some of these lyrics for a bit....Seems a common theme...

My question is; What we can do to realize this dream.

DISCUSS?_____________

Last edited:
Deep for a Friday night. I think Michael expresses a lot of teachings through his music.

How do we make the dream for a better world come true...with our children.

Our children are our future and what we teach them they will pass on. If we teach them to hate then it is all they will know. If we teach them to love then they will teach others and in time it will be a better world.

So, one child, one heart one soul at a time and the only true universal language is music.

What a beautiful idea for a thread! When will we EVER learn from history that violence is never the answer? A child is so vulnerable and has so little time to BE a child. There are so many children of war and violence now. Michael's message has never varied. Save the children. Keep them safe. Work toward peace. And yes, music IS a universal language.

peace,

Victoria83

Michael would have made an excellent classroom teacher. He gives you the lesson, but he makes it fun too. Like when he writes his songs, he makes you dance, but you love it so much that you check out the lyrics too, cause he makes you wannna sing along too. But what are you singing... Beat It.. Keep the faith... Heal the world....Man in the mirror... etc. Even Billie jean and wanna be strting something have lessons to be learned. You just have to liisten and learn.

But does it seem to you all that it is more than even lessons? That maybe it is a call to act on these somehow? Find solutions to the problems instead of just realizing there are problems? On our own, it may be hard to completely change the world (though possible) but we are an ARMY here..lol. We described ourselves as that in the past when Michael was going through his court case but we literally could be a (non-violent) army to band together and stand for the things that make this world a better place and truly make an impact. I apologize for it possibly sounding crazy. I am aware I need more sleep and maybe after waking up I will slap myself on the head for saying such things but for now I am going with what's on my mind.

We all believe in the words he sings right? or at least mostly do...we don't need a political party to take a stand on issues. If an issue is important, THAT is where we stand regardless of political affiliations. If God is asking him to write about these subjects, then it is something that all who hear would want to take to heart.

I am not entirely sure what I am getting at here....but its some thoughts I've been having.

The world needs a change. Poverty is growing, middle class is becoming non-existant. Every day life is getting to be too darned expensive for most people (though we are also a gadget society..we love our toys) but life needs fun in it too. This world needs a hand up. It needs people to take action to making it better. People who are Passionate about People.

I deleted the introduction to this post after I posted it. I guess I felt funny about it. Maybe I can put it back now.
Do you ever wonder sometimes why so many are strongly pulled towards Michael Jackson and his music, or why some are so strongly trying to tear him down despite what we know about him. He isn't portrayed the way he is in his music. Much of his lyrics stand for fixing this world. When I really listen to his music with an open mind, I sometimes can't believe what I hear (or read if Im reading the lyrics). I know you don't all believe in God...but for those who do (and even those who don't if you try to open your mind) would God not still speak to those willing to listen? Music would be such a wonderful way to spread a message. Even if you take God out of the equation you have something very important being said here that together, we really could work towards changing. I don't think this is all just about the music.

Just a small bit of lyrics I pulled out to show as an example....

Last edited:
Hi,

for me, his music and his lyrics and his teaching made me think and become aware, and above all -- made me act. On a private level though. give money to charities, sponsor a child in Africa... if you discuss an Army of peace and help... well, then i must answer that i do believe in private help.

one might discuss a global level help action which will just be one more charity project. If you want to start that, go on, find people to work with and do. I believe this is a life task.

one might just go and help at home, help the neighbors, and give money to local projects, nation-wide and international projects too...

oh, and you might go and work for the charities themselves, Unicef for example.

...well, anyway, i totally agree that Michael is a teacher indeed. He opens hearts for the good. ...and sometimes i see him as a preacher...

"if you wanna make this world a better place take a look at yourself and make that change"

:) take care,
betty

Since the day Michael came into my life many, many years ago, I've known him as a modern day poet prophet...his music is truly a divine gift from God to bring people of the world together, to inspire and motivate them to do good, be good and ultimately realize our own oneness with God within ourselves...and so I regard Michael not only as the greatest, most successful, accomplished musician but also as a strong spiritual inspiration for all those many fans who have been able to recognize his outstanding light, the beauty of his soul, the sincerety of his humanitarian work and committments and the way with which he continues to live his life-with absolute honesty, integrity and courage! I belong to a country(India) renowned for its spiritual tradition and masters, but I've found my spiritual guru in this beautiful, incredibly talented, amazingly generous, loving, caring man called Michael Jackson who inspires me and millions of others every moment of my life(our lives) and makes this world so much better just by being in it...we love you Michael and are so grateful to God for you! Keep shining brighter than ever!!!
Amen

I have a particular theory on this with MJ.. I would like to talk about it, but could get a backlash from people.. so!! I think I'll keep it shut..

Since the day Michael came into my life many, many years ago, I've known him as a modern day poet prophet...his music is truly a divine gift from God to bring people of the world together, to inspire and motivate them to do good, be good and ultimately realize our own oneness with God within ourselves...and so I regard Michael not only as the greatest, most successful, accomplished musician but also as a strong spiritual inspiration for all those many fans who have been able to recognize his outstanding light, the beauty of his soul, the sincerety of his humanitarian work and committments and the way with which he continues to live his life-with absolute honesty, integrity and courage! I belong to a country(India) renowned for its spiritual tradition and masters, but I've found my spiritual guru in this beautiful, incredibly talented, amazingly generous, loving, caring man called Michael Jackson who inspires me and millions of others every moment of my life(our lives) and makes this world so much better just by being in it...we love you Michael and are so grateful to God for you! Keep shining brighter than ever!!!
Amen
Hi, Ankita, that was lovely and very kind think to say. It shows that MJ has touched the lives of so many poeple all over the world. Yes, I think he is a prophet too.

I have a particular theory on this with MJ.. I would like to talk about it, but could get a backlash from people.. so!! I think I'll keep it shut..

Usually when you think you will be getting a backlash, you are probably speaking the truth. I would love to hear your theory whether it is posted here or in a PM...

I'll PM you... lol! I'm not going to take a chance yet..

Hi there, this is a very interesting thread. But 1 thing your missing bout making the world a better place we need to stop slagging each other off, im not saying you do, im saying you in general, n stop buying crap like the sun newspaper n heat mag cause there full of ****!!!!!!! n we need to stop the hate and be more positive each day towards ourself as well as others.

What r your views on this??

Jackie xxx

Hey there, i wanna hear it if its nothing bad.

Jackie x

Everyone's opinions are welcome here.

I believe there is more too Ape, because Michael not only has the ability to connect with his message but he believes in it and shows us how to stand for whats good. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Michael's messages. I wouldn't have the same caring and generosity that I have today. He shows us how to change and share our goodness. We should grasp it and not only acknowledge it but embrace it and use it:yes:

I really think we have any modern day "prophets" I mean only us fans (and a select few) actually read into what Michael writes, the vast majority of the world listens to the composition of music, Its easy enough to write about the state of the world today but yes Michael seem to do it magically

Everyone's opinions are welcome here.

I believe there is more too Ape, because Michael not only has the ability to connect with his message but he believes in it and shows us how to stand for whats good. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Michael's messages. I wouldn't have the same caring and generosity that I have today. He shows us how to change and share our goodness. We should grasp it and not only acknowledge it but embrace it and use it:yes:
That is the same for me too. Thanks

Yeah same ere i would not have changed the way i treated people if it wernt for him partly, not that i was a complete ***** haha

Jackie x

I really think we have any modern day "prophets" I mean only us fans (and a select few) actually read into what Michael writes, the vast majority of the world listens to the composition of music, Its easy enough to write about the state of the world today but yes Michael seem to do it magically
What about the British university lecturer who recently used MJ's Oxford speach as the premise of his lesson about children.:)

kool, do u know where i can see or read MJs original speech?? I did know about it, but just never thought about it much b4 lol

Jackie xx

well I just say this hear.. those who I pm'd know a little more of what I think..

I believe that Michael's destiny is to BE a prophet but has not yet forfilled his destiny designed by God..

the reasons is what I don't want to get into on the thread.

KOPV I would love to hear and read why you think his destiny has not been yet fulfilled. Could you PM me as well?

Thanks so much,
Christian

^ Yes...

Michael is far from over.. Even away from music, there is so much left to be done..

Back