Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

Victory2004

Proud Member
Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night" 2 hours, 24 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Saturday Night Live" veteran Jimmy Fallon has sealed a deal to succeed "Late Night" host Conan O'Brien on NBC in 2009, sources said.

O'Brien, whose show airs at 12:35 a.m., is moving to Los Angeles next year to replace Jay Leno at "The Tonight Show," which airs an hour earlier.
NBC is expected to make the announcement on May 12 during its "upfront" presentation to advertisers in New York. The network declined comment on Thursday.
Fallon, 33, co-starred on "SNL" for six seasons, and co-hosted its "Weekend Update" segment. He left the show to focus on making features, although such efforts as "Fever Pitch" and "Taxi" fell flat at the box office.
Fallon's new gig as "Late Night" host stems from a development deal he signed with NBC in early 2007. He will probably stay at O'Brien's Studio 6A at New York's 30 Rock, although details have not been confirmed.
The move further cements NBC's late-night transition, which is making Leno a highly sought-after free agent. ABC and Fox are reportedly circling the top-rated comic, while NBC is trying to keep him in the company fold with a new show.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080425/tv_nm/fallon_dc

Hmm, I dunno about this. Seems like too legendary and big of a role for Fallon. I was actually hoping (but not expecting) Stephen Colbert. I'll give Jimmy a shot, though.

But anyway, the real awesomeness will be the Tonight Show w/ Conan O' Brien. I can't wait.

I like Fallon. And I've always loved Conan.....but does this mean that Leno is retiring? Or did they just not resign his contract?

The really big question is: How on earth is Conan going to survive the sun in Los Angeles? The man'll have to be covered in sun block 24/7. :p

yeah Leno announced his retirement i think last year and said on air how he wanted conan to fill his shoes.
i always LOVED conan
and i was obsessed with Jimmy when i was younger and he was still on SNL.
I saw him host Letterman's show one night and he was very good. I think he'll do very well in conan's spot. im very proud of him and excited to see how he'll do.

Back