Just how many Aussies do we have on here?

L.J

Proud Member
Australian members sign yourselves in here :D

I'm curious to know just how many Aussie Members we have ^_^

Cause it looks like we have quite a few :wild:

Let us know which state you're from and we can discuss Australian news here too ^_^

As my user name implies---I am an Australian--Aussie/Oz, fan.
I have been around this board since its conception----back in 1999/2000---or there-abouts, when it started with Ezboard--then Invision--as MJJF---now as MJJC.
I live in an area close to Brisbane.
I am also one of Michael's "older" fans but wasn't a "die-hard" "lifelong" fan until I saw Michael in Brisbane, during the History tour.

Not long after the HisTory tour, a grand--daughter--then aged 7, liked Michael---and she still does--at 16
And there is also a great/grand-daughter--who is a Michael fan. I bought her the Moonwalk DVD, early in the year--then the Dangerous CD for her birthday in March--when she turned 13.
Dawn

As my user name implies---I am an Australian--Aussie/Oz, fan.
I have been around this board since its conception----back in 1999/2000---or there-abouts, when it started with Ezboard--then Invision--as MJJF---now as MJJC.
I live in an area close to Brisbane.
I am also one of Michael's "older" fans but wasn't a "die-hard" "lifelong" fan until I saw Michael in Brisbane, during the History tour.

Not long after the HisTory tour, a grand--daughter--then aged 7, liked Michael---and she still does--at 16
And there is also a great/grand-daughter--who is a Michael fan. I bought her the Moonwalk DVD, early in the year--then the Dangerous CD for her birthday in March--when she turned 13.
Dawn

:wild: you got to see MJ live in concert?! You don't know just how lucky you are LOL :yes:

Im from Adelaide.

I met MJ during the HIStory Tour in Adelaide when he arrived at the Hyatt Hotel in Nov 06. The were barriers in from of the hotel with at least 1000 people there with MJs music playing. I was in the front against the barrier and as soon as MJ arrived, a sea of ppl pushed forward jamming me into the barrier. He walked past as I was screaming his name out. Something I found strange then was that Ive read lots of books, come online and discuss MJ and feel I know him so well, but here was looking at me....and he didnt know me from a bar of soap. Im thinking...but its me, you know, one of your biggest fans.

Anyway as he walked past he said "How are you?" I replied, "Great now!" He just giggled and walked on. He wasnt wearing a mask so I got to see him face to face and people like to dribble BS about his appearance but with all honesty. He looks fine. He had stubble even. Must have been enjoying Oz so much he forgot to shave. :smile: I also saw 3 spots under his left jaw from his vitiligo. MJ seemed so relaxed and happy. He then watched a performance by some local Aborigines, held a koala inside the Hyatt and then went to his room. The concert was the next night and he walked back from Adelaide Oval to the Hyatt which is rare for MJ.

I didnt meet Janet but I saw her in the back of a 4WD with 2 of her dancers after the Velvet Rope concert in Adelaide too.

oh cool :D

That was neat thanks for sharing :D

I've been to adelaide twice :) it's like a quieter version of Melbourne for me :D very nice though.

I wonder what MJ thought of Australia honestly I'd like to imagine he liked it :)

He liked it enough to get married in Sydney at the Sheraton Hotel to Debbie Rowe.

Im from Adelaide.

I met MJ during the HIStory Tour in Adelaide when he arrived at the Hyatt Hotel in Nov 06. The were barriers in from of the hotel with at least 1000 people there with MJs music playing. I was in the front against the barrier and as soon as MJ arrived, a sea of ppl pushed forward jamming me into the barrier. He walked past as I was screaming his name out. Something I found strange then was that Ive read lots of books, come online and discuss MJ and feel I know him so well, but here was looking at me....and he didnt know me from a bar of soap. Im thinking...but its me, you know, one of your biggest fans.

Anyway as he walked past he said "How are you?" I replied, "Great now!" He just giggled and walked on. He wasnt wearing a mask so I got to see him face to face and people like to dribble BS about his appearance but with all honesty. He looks fine. He had stubble even. Must have been enjoying Oz so much he forgot to shave. :smile: I also saw 3 spots under his left jaw from his vitiligo. MJ seemed so relaxed and happy. He then watched a performance by some local Aborigines, held a koala inside the Hyatt and then went to his room. The concert was the next night and he walked back from Adelaide Oval to the Hyatt which is rare for MJ.

I didnt meet Janet but I saw her in the back of a 4WD with 2 of her dancers after the Velvet Rope concert in Adelaide too.

you meant 96 ;) Argh, I'm jealous. You lucky lucky person!!!

I have a picture of Michael with the Aborigines- so you were there!!!

aborigine.jpg

I'm Australian too!! love this country :wub: I'm in Newcastle- NSW

:doh: Yes 1996. Nov 25th was when I met MJ and 26th was when I saw him in concert for the 2nd time. I saw MJ a few days prior in Melbourne. We happened to be in Melbourne to visit family at the time and if I was gonna be in the same town as MJ was having a concert, well I wasnt gonna miss that for anything!

You guys know I am from Australia. Byron Bay area specifically- Northern NSW. I must be the only one from that area. :lol: I have met a couple of Aussie fans in person though. :yes:

*jealous jealous jealous*

I missed him :(
Well all my fingers and toes are crossed hoping MJ will tour for this album and visit Oz again. Then you'll have your own stories on seeing MJ.

I'm Gold Coast girl. I love Michael and support him unfortunately we miss out on too much good stuff, promo stuff. Not just Michael but Janet too.

And I am still looking for someone to come with me to deliver Michael's birthday surprise as a travel buddy. Anyone interested please message me.

Michael Love ya

Yeah I wouldnt wanna live anywhere else. No offense to all other countries.

I adore Australia too! (except all our insects :ranting:)

You know, Jennifer Batten said that she enjoyed the Australian concerts as among best (in an interview somewhere, sometime) coz the crowds were soo good!

So to answer the threads question, so far 9 Aussie's have checked in!

you meant 96 ;) Argh, I'm jealous. You lucky lucky person!!!

I have a picture of Michael with the Aborigines- so you were there!!!

aborigine.jpg

This pic is from Sydeny when MJ arrived. Mike didnt wear a mask and had a red shirt on when he came to Adelaide.

Awww I wanna join!!! Maybe in 3 years after uni I'll be able to. Have a plan to get permanent residency through boyfriend :D

Back