Janet doing the moonwalk in a very old commercial....

Janet totally wanted to be Michael, lol. You can't blame her, it's her big brother, and they were way close back in the day. But the whole thing, the red jacket, the dance steps, it looked like some version of "Beat It" or something, lol.

It reminds me of Beat It too. It'd be cool to see Michael and Janet do a commercial together :)

it seems it was before Paula Abdul became her instructor..

she was cute.. but the dancing ... Umm??

and too much Michael

It's obvious she was doing a little tribute to her brother. Cute commercial.

Awww.... this is so cute... i knew that mike influenced her in many ways, but i didn't know she like, imitated him... that's cute!!!

Janet totally wanted to be Michael, lol. You can't blame her, it's her big brother, and they were way close back in the day. But the whole thing, the red jacket, the dance steps, it looked like some version of "Beat It" or something, lol.

I doubt Janet came up with the concept and looks of the commercial herself. Usually it's some kind of art-director or whatever those people are called that come up with the storyboard and looks and so on. So whoever came up with the idea thought it would be fun to have Janet pay tribute to her brother Michael. Janet has always worked very hard to become an artist in her own right, away from the Jackson-shadow.

It's obvious she was doing a little tribute to her brother. Cute commercial.
Exactly :)

Last edited:
AW: Re: Janet doing the moonwalk in a very old commercial....

Well, most likely the producers of that spot wanted Michael, but couldn't get him, so they got the next best thing and made Janet mimick Michael! That was pre-Control... I doubt that Janet would have taken part in that spot after Control!

Back