Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration Party Launch

Xscapecp.com

Proud Member
Xscapecp.com/Maximum-Jackson.com EXCLUSIVE

Source: MJJParty.com/Matt Fiddes/Xscapecp.com/Maximum-Jackson.com

Dear Michael Jackson Fan Community

I am proud to announce that for the last few weeks I have been working in close contact with Matt Fiddes, close friend of the Jackson family.

Alongside Maximum-Jackson.com, and the North Devon Hospice we have organised a party to take place in North Devon, England, which will celebrate the success of the Jackson family, their arrival in North Devon and Michael Jackson’s 50th Birthday.

Members of the Jackson family will be attending, proof of which is a statement by Tito Jackson due to be published in the North Devon Gazette on Wednesday 30th April 2008 (I will upload a scan of the article as soon as possible), which reads:

"I can confirm that myself and some other Jackson family members will be in attendance at this event, we are all very much looking forward to spending time in North Devon, I can't wait to come back to Barnstaple."

Of course Michael Jackson has been invited, although at this stage we cannot say whether he will be attending or not.

The event is being on Sunday the 8th of June 2008, at the Durrant House Hotel in Northam, North Devon. Doors will open at 6pm, the event will start at 7pm and finish at 11pm.

We have some of the biggest names lined up to perform, including:

Danny Oliver
Glen Jackson
Jay Makwana
Kishantha

Those are just to name a few, more are to be confirmed soon.

ALL profits are going to the North Devon Hospice. Tickets are priced at £20 for a VIP table seat, £15 for a standard seated and £10 for standing. To buy tickets please visit www.mjjparty.com.

If you are wondering how to get to North Devon, please visit the Directions page on the website, in the Info section.

The original press release is available here: http://www.maximum-jackson.com/mjjpartyoriginalrelease.jpg, this is act purely as a reference as this was created before we had confirmed details.

Full details are available at www.mjjparty.com. We have also set up an official, dedicated discussion forum over at Maximum Jackson, click here to visit it.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

George Warren

Michael Jackson & The Jackson’s: A Celebration Organiser

Re: Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration Party Launch (Jackson's Attending)

oooo exciting stuff :)

Important! A Jackson's party and Michael Might Be There!!!!

Xscapecp.com/Maximum-Jackson.com EXCLUSIVE

Source: MJJParty.com/Matt Fiddes/Xscapecp.com/Maximum-Jackson.com

Dear Michael Jackson Fan Community

I am proud to announce that for the last few weeks I have been working in close contact with Matt Fiddes, close friend of the Jackson family.

Alongside Maximum-Jackson.com, and the North Devon Hospice we have organised a party to take place in North Devon, England, which will celebrate the success of the Jackson family, their arrival in North Devon and Michael Jackson’s 50th Birthday.

Members of the Jackson family will be attending, proof of which is a statement by Tito Jackson due to be published in the North Devon Gazette on Wednesday 30th April 2008 (I will upload a scan of the article as soon as possible), which reads:

"I can confirm that myself and some other Jackson family members will be in attendance at this event, we are all very much looking forward to spending time in North Devon, I can't wait to come back to Barnstaple."

Of course Michael Jackson has been invited, although at this stage we cannot say whether he will be attending or not.

The event is being on Sunday the 8th of June 2008, at the Durrant House Hotel in Northam, North Devon. Doors will open at 6pm, the event will start at 7pm and finish at 11pm.

We have some of the biggest names lined up to perform, including:

Danny Oliver
Glen Jackson
Jay Makwana
Kishantha

Those are just to name a few, more are to be confirmed soon.

ALL profits are going to the North Devon Hospice. Tickets are priced at £20 for a VIP table seat, £15 for a standard seated and £10 for standing. To buy tickets please visit www.mjjparty.com.

If you are wondering how to get to North Devon, please visit the Directions page on the website, in the Info section.

The original press release is available here: http://www.maximum-jackson.com/mjjpa...nalrelease.jpg, this is act purely as a reference as this was created before we had confirmed details.

Full details are available at www.mjjparty.com.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

George Warren

Michael Jackson & The Jackson’s: A Celebration Organiser

I wanna go! :woohoo:

Re: Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration Party Launch (Jackson's Attending)

got my tickets yippee!

Re: Important! A Jackson's party and Michael Might Be There!!!!

What a great party and a great cause. Hospice is so important. The right to die with dignity and pain-free is so important... Hospice needs to be supported. My next-door neighbor had hospice for the last few months he was alive - he had non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Hospice nurses have a tough job. Not only do they have to administer pain medications that are sometimes way over the recommended dose, but they have 2 sets of patients. The one that is terminally ill, and the family...

Last edited:
Re: Important! A Jackson's party and Michael Might Be There!!!!

There's already a thread on this I shall merge :flowers:

isnt the title a bit misleading? why it says "jackson's attending" even though its not confirmed that he will be ?

isnt the title a bit misleading? why it says "jackson's attending" even though its not confirmed that he will be ?

Jackson's does not only mean Michael Jackson.

Very misleading indeed. Seems as if it is Tito and his children who are involved.

and why has this been moved on this section ? isnt it important enough to be on the main forum ?

i'll take the ' out so it says Jacksons as opposed to Jackson's which implies a certain "Jackson" is attending hope that helps

Re: Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration Party Launch (Some Jacksons Attending)

Tito is going to attend, that's for sure. Michael has been invited, but it's not sure yet whether he's going to be there or not..

and why has this been moved on this section ? isnt it important enough to be on the main forum ?

Has nothing to do with being important. This is a fan event and it belongs in the fan zone unless it has gone through the procedure of being approved by MJJC Administrators.

Only events with MJJC backing go into the main forum and I don't think anyone has addressed this one from either side.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration Party Launch (Some Jacksons Attending)

Welcome bash for the Jacksons
30 April 2008

MICHAEL Jackson fan George Warren is busy organising a North Devon welcome party to celebrate the celebrity family's imminent arrival in the region.

The ballroom at the Durrant House Hotel, Northam, has been booked to host a special charity fund-raising party for fans as well as the Jackson family, who are expected to arrive in Appledore and begin several weeks' filming for a Channel Four television special on May 18.

The event, entitled Michael Jackson & the Jacksons: A Celebration, will take place on Sunday, June 8. It is being co-ordinated by Barnstaple fan, 18-year-old George in conjunction with Internet fan site, Maximum Jackson, and the North Devon Hospice.

George, who runs his own on-line Michael Jackson merchandise store, told the Gazette that the idea was to put on an exciting event to enable fans to get together and meet their idols.

He said: "The venue is just a few minutes from the house the family is renting, and although we know there are no guarantees they will come, the Jacksons - including Michael - will all be invited. We hope they will be able to make it and meet some of their fans.

"If done correctly, this event could be the biggest thing since Michael's last major public appearance in the UK at the World Music Awards in London in November, 2006.

"The Jacksons are hardly ever in the UK so people won't want to pass up on an opportunity like this."

In a statement to the North Devon Gazette, Tito Jackson, who visited the region on a home-hunting mission in March, said the family was honoured that the fans were putting on a party to celebrate the Jacksons' musical success.

"I can confirm that myself and some other Jackson family members will be in attendance at this event," he said.

"We are all very much looking forward to spending time in North Devon. I can't wait to come back to Barnstaple."

George, a second year media student at North Devon College, admitted that the party was by far the biggest thing he had ever tried to organise. He said he had been in contact with North Devon-based Jackson family friend, Matt Fiddes for help.

Mr Fiddes told the Gazette he thought it was great that the fans were working so hard to celebrate the Jacksons' arrival in North Devon.

"I am happy to support the fans and we will do whatever we can to make the show a success," he said.

"Members of the Jacksons have confirmed by telephone over the weekend that they will attend this party to raise money for the North Devon Hospice."

George went on to say that some of the biggest names in the Michael Jackson tribute circuit had already been booked to perform at the event.

"We're looking at a maximum attendance of 250, including the Jacksons, media and security.

"Depending on the interest shown by fans, it could get to the stage where the event is seen as quite exclusive."

On-line ticket sales were set to go live at midnight yesterday (Tuesday) and demand is expected to be high, as news of the event spreads via Internet forums of fan websites worldwide.

"There are hundreds of Jackson websites, some with upwards of 40,000 registered members," said George, who met Tito and Jermaine Jackson on their recent visits to North Devon.

"Some of the larger forums are very busy, with new posts every 30 seconds. The event has already sparked interest from fans in Europe and as far-a-field as Australia, but we hope it will attract a lot of Jackson fans from the local area."

The virtual tickets are available from website www.mjjparty.com and are priced £20 for a table seat at the front, £15 for a seated row, or £10 to stand at the back.

"To minimize costs, everyone who buys a ticket will be issued a unique code that they give on the door," said George.

"We will be holding a raffle of Jacksons' records and memorabilia on the night and any profits from the event will go to the North Devon Hospice."

Linda Freeman, functions manager at the Durrant House Hotel, confirmed that the hotel had offered the venue for free, although said that organisers may need to pay for additional staff and equipment.

"We are happy to be helping raise money for the North Devon Hospice and are very excited about the prospect of hosting a party," she said.

Hotel manager Julie Finn said the news had created a "real buzz" in the hotel.

"We've just completed a massive £2million refurbishment and been awarded three-star status by Quality in Tourism.

"We have invested a lot of money back into the hotel and news of the Jackson party is the icing on the cake for us.

"The hotel now has a number of brand new Jacuzzi suites, so you never know, some of the family may even decide to stay here!"

North Devon Hospice community fund-raiser Alison Hunt added: "This is just a fantastic event for us. We have met Tito Jackson on a number of occasions now and he is a very charming man who is a big supporter of the hospice."

It is understood that Channel Four film-makers are to start filming in Appledore today (Wednesday) ahead of the Jackson family's expected arrival in two weeks' time.

Mr Fiddes said he was flying out to the US with documentary makers on May 12.

"It's moving really fast now," he said.

"We will be staying with the Jacksons in California and flying back to Devon with them."

On Monday, local police confirmed that they had visited the location of the Appledore home being rented by the Jackson family.

"We have liaised with organisers at this end and if the visit goes ahead, our policing approach will be proportionate for both local residents and for the visitors," Sgt Simon Bassett told the Gazette.

http://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/...=newsndga&itemid=DEED30 Apr 2008 10:42:43:650

But it says Michael Jackson and the Jacksons.

i think we all know why. its always the same with such parties. imply that its about mj to get ppl to attend.

The title of the party is "Michael Jacksons and the Jacksons: A Celebration" because that's who the party is for and what the party is about. :) The press release states it's not confirmed Michael will attend, but that he has been invited. :) Of course we hope he will be there though! :D

Last edited:

Why are they using MJ's name to celebrate a party. Why are they saying that the jacksons will be there when nothing is confirmed. This sounds to me like some Jacksons are being used again to promote some peoples ego.

titos going we know that and he said some other family members which is prob jerm or the 3ts. but tis always the same in using mj name (his birthday is hardly in june lol) and hes been invited but blah blah. they shouldnt say anything until they know one way or the other. as they dont think that fans will travel regardless. then again thats probably the aim. nice to see money is going to the hospice though

titos going we know that and he said some other family members which is prob jerm or the 3ts. but tis always the same in using mj name (his birthday is hardly in june lol) and hes been invited but blah blah. they shouldnt say anything until they know one way or the other. as they dont think that fans will travel regardless. then again thats probably the aim. nice to see money is going to the hospice though

I do not know why I have got a bad feeling bout Devon from Day one. I have seen the 2 brothers swallowed up with the soul intention to get Michael. I do not like it. The channel 4 is only interested in Tito if he think that he can get Michael. They have said themselves that Michael is their ultimate ambition. Either way, some devon people are milking this for what it's worth. We will see if anything comes of t. I do not believe that MJ will leave US to attend some party in Devon.

Last edited:

The celebration is, of the Jacksons AND Michael - we are not using his name for any promotional gain whatsoever.

We're using his name and the Jackson's name because that's what this event is about.

Whether Michael attends or not, the entire party will still be both Jackson's and Michael Jackson oritentated.

That is the pure and simple reason, that Michael's name is used in the event name.

As Marni previously stated, Michael has been extended a personal invite from his very good friend, Matt Fiddes whom Michael has recently spent time with.

No, Michael Jackson is not 100% Gauranteed to be there - but there's also a good chance.

I hope that clears some things up :)

well aslong as they make it clear as to whether mj is attending or not because the fact is alot fans will only want to travel if mj goes and fans are sick of party organsiers making claims about mj when they know well and good he isnt going but keep the mistique going in order to sell tickets and to get publicity.

well aslong as they make it clear as to whether mj is attending or not because the fact is alot fans will only want to travel if mj goes and fans are sick of party organsiers making claims about mj when they know well and good he isnt going but keep the mistique going in order to sell tickets and to get publicity.

It is clear that Michael has not been confirmed as attending but has been extended a personal invite. We unfortunately don't know anything beyond that as yet, but no one has made a single claim that he will attend. :)

but no one has made a single claim that he will attend. :smile:

yeah we know that but pary organisers have a habit of using mj name to get fans to come when they know hes not attending and dontwant to confirm hes not attending in order to keep the mystique going. cause at the end of the day its prob tito jerm and the 3Ts instead of janet and MJ

yeah we know that but pary organisers have a habit of using mj name to get fans to come when they know hes not attending and dontwant to confirm hes not attending in order to keep the mystique going. cause at the end of the day its prob tito jerm and the 3Ts instead of janet and MJ

That's certainly not the case here. :) All that's been confirmed is that Michael has sent an invitation and the information in Tito's statement. The organisers, i can assure you, have nothing to hide. :)

Many fan clubs and fans organise events in Michael's name with no promise that Michael or even a Jackson family member will be there, and they are quite successful. :)

Again, it was never our intent (my personal intent aswell) to use Michael's name to promote this event.

His name was used, because this event is about him AND The Jacksons.

There will be tribute artists amongst other things.

It has been stated numerous times that he is not gauranteed to be in attendance.

We have a websites integrity to withhold, we wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that and neither would the other organisers.

No matter if Michael's name was mentioned or not - knowing the Jacksons will be attending will spark imagination through fans and people would attend thinking Michael may be there.

Again, it has been stated in the initial article that Michael has been extended an invitation.

I say let's drop this subject here before it goes any further.

Who wants to attend, I'll recommend to buy your ticket as soon as possible as there's only limited amount of tickets on sale..

We're looking at a maximum attendance of 250, including the Jacksons, media and security.

There can never be too much parties for Michael and The Jackson Family fans, so I hope everyone will have a lof of fun there and the event will be successful!

:flowers:

Last edited:

^It's going to be a lot of fun! I so wish I could be there! :( I can't wait for the pics and videos though! :wild:

Thanks Reeta :flowers:

Last edited:

Why would you invite the media to a party that MJ is attending? Why would the media be attending unless they expect Michael to be there. Something doesn't seem right to me. MJ hates the media.

Guys, please drop the negativity. It's a party in Michael's and his families honor and for hospice. The media only amplifies the coverage. It's too soon to read anymore into it than what is written.

Patience will answer the questions - find some :yes:

Thanks

Last edited:
Back