Wish Me Luck-school project, MJ related

WritergirlAD

Proud Member
I am playing "We've Had Enough" for my World literature class tomorrow, while the class reads the lyrics, which I will display on the overhead. Then I am relating this song to the themes we have been studying in class for our unit on injustice, which include the Holocaust, the murdering of millions of people done by Stalin in the gulags he created, and war in general. I really hope I don't get made fun of, but I feel this is something I have to do. I love this song. It's so beautiful, powerful, and moving, and even though I know it was originally about the war on Iraq, I think it fits well for all forms of injustice. What do you guys think? Do you think this song relates to the topics I mentioned well enough to justify me playing it? Do you think I'll get made fun of? Please answer, I'm getting really nervous about this! Sorry, I know this is a really dumb thread, but I am pretty insecure and just don't want to look like a total idiot. :unsure: :blush: Reassurance of any kind would be much appreciated. thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get picked on or made fun of :)

everyone will be nervous about sharing their piece :) It's a scary thing sometimes to stand up infront of your peers and play your choice of music because you're also sharing a piece of you at the same time :)

If you present this the way you say you will you should be fine :flowers:

This isn't a dumb thead there's been lots of threads like this before I'm moving this to GDv3 where our clever GD members can help you feel at ease :flowers:

Have you seen bid_db's video for this song? That relates really well too if you want to use that it should be on youtube I'll try and find the link for you :flowers:

Last edited:
The song definitely works for the subject matter. Let us know how it went. Good luck.

I am playing "We've Had Enough" for my World literature class tomorrow, while the class reads the lyrics, which I will display on the overhead. Then I am relating this song to the themes we have been studying in class for our unit on injustice, which include the Holocaust, the murdering of millions of people done by Stalin in the gulags he created, and war in general. I really hope I don't get made fun of, but I feel this is something I have to do. I love this song. It's so beautiful, powerful, and moving, and even though I know it was originally about the war on Iraq, I think it fits well for all forms of injustice. What do you guys think? Do you think this song relates to the topics I mentioned well enough to justify me playing it? Do you think I'll get made fun of? Please answer, I'm getting really nervous about this! Sorry, I know this is a really dumb thread, but I am pretty insecure and just don't want to look like a total idiot. :unsure: :blush: Reassurance of any kind would be much appreciated. thanks in advance guys

absolutely, it does....

you know when I listened to this song once
I had images of Auschwitz - Birkenau for instance
and couldn't help but crying....

this song is powerful

great choice and Good luck with your project...

it'll be OK because music can speak itself!

Last edited:
Good luck! (though I think you've already done it :D)

How did it go?

*bump*

Come on don't hold out on us :) let us know how it went we're here for you if it didn't go well :flowers: and we want to hear how it went if it did go well :cheeky:

Hey guys, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've had a ton of homework, and I kept forgetting to come back and update this thread. Also, I honestly didn't think anyone would even be interested, so I didn't know anyone was waiting for a response. :blush: :blush: It was nice of you guys to all reply. here's how it went :thumbs_up:...

First, you should know I'm pretty shy, so getting up in front of the class for any reason makes me nervous, and I think since it's something I really care about, I was even more nervous than I'd usually be. I felt almost sick the whole day, I was so nervous. I had decided to play the song from the CD in my Ultimate Collection because I wasn't sure how my teacher would feel about the violence in the video.....but then, for some reason, the track wouldn't show up on the computer when I put it in. I was really embarrased and had no idea why all of the other tracks showed up except the one I wanted to play, lol. Just my luck. Anyway, I ended up just going to youtube and playing the video. My teacher didn't seem to mind even though some of the video is a little violent. I guess we've probably all seen worse in TV and movies we've watched in school anyway. Anyway, despite the CD not working, I'd say it went really well. I'm actually glad I ended up playing the video, because I think it reinforces the message of the song a lot. Everyone got really quiet and seemed to take the song and the video to heart. No one laughed or said anything about MJ like I thought they would, even though a few of my classmates have said things about him in the past. :)

thats really great!
it is typical that the one track you wanted didnt show up lol, i love the youtube video so i can imagine the impact it had
well done!!

Hey guys, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've had a ton of homework, and I kept forgetting to come back and update this thread. Also, I honestly didn't think anyone would even be interested, so I didn't know anyone was waiting for a response. :blush: :blush: It was nice of you guys to all reply. here's how it went :thumbs_up:...

First, you should know I'm pretty shy, so getting up in front of the class for any reason makes me nervous, and I think since it's something I really care about, I was even more nervous than I'd usually be. I felt almost sick the whole day, I was so nervous. I had decided to play the song from the CD in my Ultimate Collection because I wasn't sure how my teacher would feel about the violence in the video.....but then, for some reason, the track wouldn't show up on the computer when I put it in. I was really embarrased and had no idea why all of the other tracks showed up except the one I wanted to play, lol. Just my luck. Anyway, I ended up just going to youtube and playing the video. My teacher didn't seem to mind even though some of the video is a little violent. I guess we've probably all seen worse in TV and movies we've watched in school anyway. Anyway, despite the CD not working, I'd say it went really well. I'm actually glad I ended up playing the video, because I think it reinforces the message of the song a lot. Everyone got really quiet and seemed to take the song and the video to heart. No one laughed or said anything about MJ like I thought they would, even though a few of my classmates have said things about him in the past. :)

That's awesome!! :kickass2:

lucky we gave you the link to the video clip :cheeky: Well done!!! it's always a great thing when the class goes quiet it shows that they are all listening and taking in what you are sharing with them. That is awesome! :kickass2:

that's the power of the song, I guess.....

thanks for letting us know

nice it went well:yes:
regards, cinderella

good work..:cheers: I am glad everyone took your project seriously and didn't crack jokes about Michael Jackson. I'm glad everything worked out well for you.:)

That's great! Congratulations :D
See, it was meant to be that you show the video to your class and that's why the cd wasn't working and it made your presentation more powerful. :)

Back