TURN OFF YOUR TV's. We are being brainwashed.

lol...well..i'm getting a lot of help in that department..when tv converts to digital in february of two thousand nine...i won't be able to watch tv anymore

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but that guy screaming at the end is a complete nutcase! :lol: However, I do believe the media is brainwashing us in some way. I don't think they tell complete lies, but they exaggerate to make a story seem more interesting than what it really is, especially when it comes to celebrities.

See, we are so brainwashed that we can't even listen anymore. We start to call this man nutcase becase of what we see, yet falied to listen to his message which is very valuable. We judge other people on the same bases as we judge this man, and we call them freaks and w.acko when we haven't even bothered to listen cause we don't like the way they look.
Incedently, the man had been delivering a long speach and his rant came at the end, ad he dramatically encouraged the audience to do something to take back control of their own lives.

Last edited:
I heard what he said. He made several good points.

But he's still nuts, and he likes that people say that.

I heard what he said. He made several good points.

But he's still nuts, and he likes that people say that.
What about the subject matter. It was never meant to be about the personality, but the subject matter. Make a different thread if you want to discuss personalities. What about the media.

It was never meant to be about the personality

Then obviously he wouldn't have spoken in that persona. It was not the first time he's done it, either. That's his niche. I only commented once on how it amuses me, until it drew out for no reason. Now I'm done.

Last edited:
Revolutionary thinking is often met with that criticism. They are just crazy, pay no attention. Sounds very much like what I have heard in my past when people wanted to steer me away from knowing a truth. I have yet to watch these all the way through. They keep stopping and are taking forever to load but people do have to be cautious of that type of thing. If the news stations have an agenda, or someone else with the money to fund these stations has an agenda it could be very possible to push that on unsuspecting watchers. especially when they can get their weekly or even daily fix. Just can't miss my show! People are loyal to their programming. Simpsons made fun of it in one of their shows "yvaN ehT nioJ" but it is something that could happen. Perhaps easier than having a war to push ones opinion. This is a new time. Now it isn't so much countries taking over countries as ideas overtaking other ideas. This sect of belief against this sect of belief. Not so far fetched as people might think.

Yes, indeed. I became suspicious that something was wrong a long time ago but I was made more aware of it when I saw how they covered the MJ case and how they have since tried to demonise him. It made me wary of the media.
If you have time, do try and watch all 29 parts of the secret rulers. It is really an eye opener.

Last edited:
datsy thanks for posting these. i have said this to people in private about our tv's programming us, it is interesting to see these videos of people who've gone beyond a hunch and are backing it up with research. i'm very interested in this topic. i was just watching some videos yesterday and watching the towers go down again and commented that the way they went down is exactly how a building goes down when its wired with explosives to go down. very interesting indeed about those put options on the stock, and the generals cancelling their travel plans due to security concerns, the hijackers faces being put up so fast, and dang that admission from bush that he watched the first plane go into the building before he went into that school. that took the cake. why doesn't this get broadcast across news stations? oh yeah... see video one, they are already controlled by government, big shocker. very good. this is an excellent community service. the knee jerk reactions of people not even willing to consider it, or explore it further is just a reflection of how well their programming on us has worked already. don't be discouraged. keep doing what you're doing. ty again

and take note of how the internet research has already been discounted. Yes there are falsities on here but there are anywhere. Here they CANNOT govern what is printed. Probably more likely to find truth here. Truth sometimes takes a while to see though because we have to wade through the lies.

See, we are so brainwashed that we can't even listen anymore. We start to call this man nutcase becase of what we see, yet falied to listen to his message which is very valuable. We judge other people on the same bases as we judge this man, and we call them freaks and w.acko when we haven't even bothered to listen cause we don't like the way they look.
Incedently, the man had been delivering a long speach and his rant came at the end, ad he dramatically encouraged the audience to do something to take back control of their own lives.

I thought the speaker at the end make some valuable points. I wasn't laughing about what he said, I was laughing at the way he said it. I heard what he said... and I agree with him.

It's really not that serious. He does have some supported points, but the rest of it is just... to say it gracefully, is simply ridiculous.

I really don't watch tv as much as I used to. Mainly because there is never anything good on more than half of the time. So I usually just watch one of my many dvds. Or nothing at all like I am doing right now. I have the tv on but it is on mute and it is going to stay on mute until Are You Being Served? comes on. I need to watch my beloved British comedies. But that guy did make some good points though.

Last edited:
People who underestimate the power of television are fooling themselves.

That gentleman was right on point. On every point.

Alot us are like the gentleman in the Matrix who prefers to stay in the Matrix. Everything is cool, everything is fine. It's not that big a deal . . .

But I have found personal freedom in acknowledging and accepting the fact that television is a form of control, attempting to keep me mindlessly entertained. I can see through the ruse now, my blinders are off. Now I have seized some of my own personal power.

I love watching TV. It can be very entertaining.

I have an internal gauge and antenna to avoid any and all B.S. and mind controlling images and speeches and graphics. That's why I generally don't listen to political speeches. I'm not going to be hoodwinked into believing the lies and the hype.

I automatically know what's going on. That's why I don't believe everything that I hear and usually analyze what I see.

If I watch something for more than a few minutes, and it sucks, I start getting a headache and the channel is switched. I have a gut reflex action to weirdness.

I will not be brainwashed, by words or images.

I know the signs. I don't listen to lunatics.

I was not one of those who stocked up on all kinds of stuff in 1999, believing the crap that once 2000 hit the world would be basically wrecked.

That was complete crap. For all the people who believed that crap, I'm sorry, but they should have known better.

I ignored all the newscast programs referring to it. My instincts were right.

I think the media is like any other thing in this world; it depends on the hearts and minds of the people using it if its going to be good or bad.

"The media" is not an entity (?)- its made up of a variety of different things. Its newspapers, internett, tv, radio, magazines etc.......
And what people shoose to put their money and time in, depends on their set of values and priorities.

I think that having a free press is one of the main things that is needed to keep societies free. But it has been under attack form many different sources, and many ways. What is extremely important is that the media is also working within sertain rules. And the reason why we see the development in the media that has been so bad the last decades, has to do with the laws. When it became allowed to buy media companies and build gigantic companies that makes it more or less just a few leading companies fighting eatchother ( even if people has a huge and confusing variety of channels etc...to shoose from) that is what ruined the freedom of press, and the credability of the media.

I don`t think blocking out the media is the solution. Because one of the main reasons for having a free press, is that people are exposed to subjects that is not only confirming how they view the world, but as well challenge them. A good press, and good journalism is challenging, and gives food for thought.
So instead of only using the internett for information ( that will only lead them to select what they already know and agree with), I think people should use money and time and attention on a select newspapers and media outlets that are giving them some challenge. They are there, if you look for them. I am grateful that we still have some comercial free channels here, that due to national funding can focus on issues that is not "popular", but important.
And then I watch other TV for pure entertainment.

What I think is vital, is that people learn how to decide whats propaganda, whats BS, whats sensationalism etc.. People need to learn how to be selective with their time, and money.
I don`t think the answear is to block out anything unpleasant ( anything that is pure rubbish, yes). And I think we need to desciminate between the different players in the media, as its not a homogenous group.;D

I agree with everything he said. The manner in which he said it struck me as humorous at first, but this really is a serious issue, and if more people realized how well the government has succeeded in turning them into brainwashed zombies, they wouldn't be calm about it either.

I have been fed up with the media in America for a long time. The selection of the stories they continually choose to cover is BS. Nowdays when I turn on the news expecting to see, well, you know, NEWS, I might find a story about Britney Spears or a celebrity getting a divorce. It is more sinister than that, though. At least most people can recognize that those kind of stories aren't real news. The truly evil thing that is occuring now is that false stories, exaggerations, and propaganda are being portrayed as news, and no one can tell the difference anymore. It is my opinion that Bush had previous knowledge about the September 11th attacks, yet did nothing to stop them, thus allowing him to use them as his own "Reichstag fire", just like Hitler did with the Jews, and go to Iraq to start a vague "War on Terrorism," which, just like Hitler's war on Jews, can carry on indefinitely. The media allowed him to do this. The media has scared us into believing that there are enemies all around. People in America are afraid of everything, including each other, and I think one of the main reasons for this is because the media chooses to cover the scariest and most violent stories it can find. Has anyone read "Culture of Fear" by Barry Glassner, or seen "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore? Anyway, TV has such an enormous impact on our lives. We grow up with it. It tells us how to act, what to buy, what to believe. It controls how we see the world. I don't watch the news anymore, and I try to limit my TV intake to a few hours a week.

Born to Love You said:
People who underestimate the power of television are fooling themselves.

That gentleman was right on point. On every point.

Alot us are like the gentleman in the Matrix who prefers to stay in the Matrix. Everything is cool, everything is fine. It's not that big a deal . . .

Exactly. most people do live in the matrix, and unfortunately, don't want to see that they are...I don't know what can be done about it. I don't think the media in other countries is quite as bad as it is here in the US...we definitely need a change here.

I agree with everything he said. The manner in which he said it struck me as humorous at first, but this really is a serious issue, and if more people realized how well the government has succeeded in turning them into brainwashed zombies, they wouldn't be calm about it either.

I have been fed up with the media in America for a long time. The selection of the stories they continually choose to cover is BS. Nowdays when I turn on the news expecting to see, well, you know, NEWS, I might find a story about Britney Spears or a celebrity getting a divorce. It is more sinister than that, though. At least most people can recognize that those kind of stories aren't real news. The truly evil thing that is occuring now is that false stories, exaggerations, and propaganda are being portrayed as news, and no one can tell the difference anymore. It is my opinion that Bush had previous knowledge about the September 11th attacks, yet did nothing to stop them, thus allowing him to use them as his own "Reichstag fire", just like Hitler did with the Jews, and go to Iraq to start a vague "War on Terrorism," which, just like Hitler's war on Jews, can carry on indefinitely. The media allowed him to do this. The media has scared us into believing that there are enemies all around. People in America are afraid of everything, including each other, and I think one of the main reasons for this is because the media chooses to cover the scariest and most violent stories it can find. Has anyone read "Culture of Fear" by Barry Glassner, or seen "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore? Anyway, TV has such an enormous impact on our lives. We grow up with it. It tells us how to act, what to buy, what to believe. It controls how we see the world. I don't watch the news anymore, and I try to limit my TV intake to a few hours a week.

Exactly. most people do live in the matrix, and unfortunately, don't want to see that they are...I don't know what can be done about it. I don't think the media in other countries is quite as bad as it is here in the US...we definitely need a change here.

Back