Could an artist pay a radio station to increase airplay?

riskaa

Proud Member
I moved to Austin TX in August 07 and zeroed in on a radio show called Kidd Kraddick In The Morning which i have been listening to in October. At that time, they hardly played MJ, but in the last couple of months, there has been a steady increase in the number of MJ songs they play.

The show is on from 6.30 to 10 in the morning - i listen to it from about 7.30. Just as an example..this morning....about 30 minutes ago they played PYT and now, they are playing WBSS. that's 2 MJ songs in 35 minutes...

I don't listen to the radio station that much during the day, but whenever i do - i hear at least one MJ song.

Most of the songs are from Thriller, although they do play The Way You Make Me Feel quite often too.

So i've been wondering...could MJ be doing some kind of subtle promotion via radio stations...again to prepare the world for his coming back?

I think that something is definitely up with this...

Any thoughts?

corrupt labels pay off stations but if its not ilegal its immoral

Hmm...thanks for the responses..
i'm not sure what to think - i don't know that MJ is behind it, but i do think something is going on. i wonder if other US fans are hearing more MJ on their radio stations...

I'm pretty sure it must common place right now... (not legal though)... threes loadsa songs that just become Big, not because theyre good, but because theyre played so many times people just start liking it, and it kinda becomes catchy.

i've found that hella people love vintage mj...now if songs from vince were playing other than 'butterflies' then i'd be scratching my head.

Back