Low alcohol

clairedelune777

Proud Member
I hope that this is not against the rules but i wanted to ask a question.
I am a real light weight drinker, if i have on glass of wine i am dizzy and tipsy. Anyway do you guys know any drinks in the UK that are low alcohol, so that i can have a glass and not get tipsy!
Thanks
sorry if this is against the rules!

lol Soda or non-alcoholic drinks would serve you best I should think. Why take any chances on your own outcome? Drinking aint worth all that :no:

why bother drinking alcohol if u arent suited for it? theres alcohol free largers or jsut stick to coke etc

most of the time when I go out I dont bother drinking alcohol, or if I do I will only have 1 drink. The rest of the time I either drink soft drinks or water. My friends are not bothered by me not drinking, its only when I go out with work collegues that I get funny looks. Its cos by me not drinking it makes some people uncomfortable, and challanges the myth that you need alcohol to enjoy a night out!

You can still have fun without drinking :yes:

I am often the crazy one at parties and I don't drink.... :mello: ... I think I've found my problem :ermm:

:rofl:

you can try drinks like Lemon Lime & Bitters maybe? that's got a low alcoholic count if I remember right :scratch:

as a lightweight LOL u wanna avoid any fizzy alco. beverages... the content goes into ur system MUCH faster... also drink ur drink slowly! remember it takes ur system 2hrs to filter 1 drink soo the slower u go the more has been processed :) esp. wine... maybe its all in my head but i tend to get happy much faster w/wine than w/liquor.

i know it sounds gross but you could water down ur beverages(ie wine w/some water... my parents used to do that when we were kids n it was a special occasion) or order a mixed drink and as the bartender to go light on the alcohol :) ie rum and coke but like 95% coke :p or make ur own so u can put it the amount of alcohol u can tolerate

or just do whatever one else says and don't drink but meh i like to drink so i've learned some tricks hahaa

or if you want to be savvy, get a glass of wine and accompany it with a glass of water. Then alternate.

So have a sip of wine, then have a sip or 2 of water. A lot of people drink their wine like that here. It drags out the drinking process and allows you to have more control over what you're drinking, especially if you find yourself trying to take a sip of drink everytime other people in your group are. ;)

Dating my husband back in the late 60's early 70's, his frat parties were one long booze fest lasting just about all weekend. Absolutely the best advice I would give, aside from what others have already said, is definitely eat something before having anything alcoholic to drink. Preferably, something with some sort of fat, like a piece of cheese; peanut butter on crackers, half of a sandwich with meat, etc. And this is not just some made up idea, the fat/food slows the absorption of alcohol into the system, so the "buzz" is not as rapid or intense.

Another suggestion might be to check out the wine bottle (if you're buying a bottle yourself), some wines are alot lower in alcohol content; or ask the waitperson to request from the bartender a wine or beer that is lower in alcohol content. Many nicer restaurants/bars have very knowledgeable mixologists and would also be very willing to suggest something.

Hope this gives you some ideas to work with.:)

Back