what is beauty?

Proud Member
a teen model weighing 135 pounds is called 'too fat'. and loses some of her hair trying to appease these nefarious designers.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24614666/?GT1=43001

personally i have seen women weighing anything from 120 to 175 pounds that i thought to be hottt..so...i think nefarious people are in control of the fashion industry and the media...

Is that the picture of teen model who weighs 135??? omg they said she was "too fat"? omg she looks healthy and has a nice figure, there is nothing wrong with her, what is the fashion industry thinking?

Wow ok so size 0-2 is now too fat? So I guess I am fat now...
No but that model that was called too fat is disgusting. She looks healthy, and beautiful! Yeah the runway industry is disgusting.

And to answer your question, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

excuse the ironic title

03.gif

Beauty is nothing you can see with your eyes only.
It does touch you inside and you know.

well hopefully the fashion industry is beguinning to turn away from stick thin, anorexic looking models, the most recent winner of America's Next Top Model, just announced this week is Whitney, the first "normal" sized winner. She is a US size 10, which isnt overweight in the real world, but in the fashion world the usual size of models is US size 2 or 4, so this is actually abig deal and hopefully the first step in showing the industry that they dont have to use anorexic looking girls to make their cloths good

beauty is truth and truth beauty. That's all ye know on earth and all ye need to know.

:p

That girl weighs 135 because of her height, not because she's "fat"...this is so weird.

But yeah erm, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

LOL! Cliche I know, but it's the safe thing to say, so I'll stop there.

I like my girls to show some rib. That way if they gain weight they'll still be hot. And then I'll have something decent to look at while she's losing weight again after my instruction.

0_61_odonnell_rosie_headshot.jpg

Way too fat

kirstie.jpg

Too fat

web.ae.danielle.picA_t135.jpg

Fat

255720~Keira-Knightley-Posters.jpg

Getting closer, but still a little fat

nicole-richie-bikini.jpg

Just right

And fellas, if your girl thinks she's all right the way she is, you can change her mind by making her feel insecure every time she eats ice cream. "Are you sure you need that ice cream, baby?" Works every time. Either that or she'll dump you, but either way, you're going to lose the fat. I know it works because my uncle said it to his wife once and she looked really embarrassed. I think they're divorced now. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but my eyes don't like beholding fat.

Last edited:
Something that is NATURALLY beautiful and doesn't need any extra enhancements, touch-ups, highlights etc.:girl_spruce_up:

Last edited:
Beauty is merely subjective. If a hundred different people were asked what they believed beauty to be, there would be a hundred different answers.
There's no doubt that beauty is prized and sought after in society today; we shun the mention of 'ugly' because of stereotyping. We somehow think that attractive people are somehow superior in their intelligence and popularity. This is known as the "halo effect". Research also shows that attractive people experience greater dating success and less occupational stress at work compared to their less attractive counterparts. An explanation of this is that we automatically categorise others before fairly evaluating other aspects of them as people. This seems to indicate that beauty is central and important in our lives, but the question of what constitutes beauty seems to be purely subjective.
Family and friends seem to think that we're beautiful even if we dont believe it our selves. We are our own harshest critic. But beauty is fashion, and people are fashion 'sheep'. Beauty is subjective, but also subject to manipulation. Different cultures take on different meanings for what constitutes beauty, hence the practices of foot binding and metal neck rings etc. Small feet and long necks were considered to be signs of beauty in certain cultures. White pale skin was once sought after, now tanned skin is considered healthy and desirable. Centuries ago painters such as Ruben and Renoir painted big, heavy set women. Today most girls strive to be gaunt and stick thin like those who grace the pages of glossy magazines. Who knows what people want to look like tomorrow. Its the 'sheep' mentality that eptomises our society today. In alot more areas than beauty and fashion unfortunately.

Back