Janets new tour is The "Rock With U" Tour

Catherine..

Proud Member
She uploaded a video on JD's account, telling fans to call and tell her what songs to perform, and the anwser machine said 'Rock With U' Tour, so thats the official title it seems. But since then they have taken the video off, and it should be confirmed on Ellen tomorrow.

OMG thanks for posting
oooooh... hope she comes to Melbourne.
Who else reckons "Rock With U" is the best song on Discipline?

where is the ellen thread and is there footage of Janet in there :wild:

For people who can't wait to see the video replay online, below is the information about Janet's upcoming tour as seen on Ellen today.

The phone number is (323) 622-8139 to call and let Janet know what songs you would like her to perform from her past albums and the new CD "Discipline" on her tour starting on September10, 2008.

Go to Ellen's website for a chance to win tickets at home. She gave 2 tickets to each person in her audience today.

It's The "Rock Witchu" tour.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gpre_YfO_z1hTeCHUBoB2tnfDWFwD90P0KC02

Janet Jackson announces first new tour in 7 years

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY – 8 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — Though going out on tour means connecting with fans, it can also mean long hours, high stress, and sleepless nights. Janet Jackson says she's looking forward to all of it.
"I love all of that, all of that pressure, I really do," Jackson told The Associated Press on Monday as she gears up for a North American tour to kick off in September.
The tour, which opens in Vancouver, British Columbia on September 10 and includes dates in New York and Washington, is Jackson's first in seven years. But the singer, who just turned 42 last week, said she hadn't planned on waiting for so long.
"I was supposed to go on tour with the last album," said Jackson, referring to the 2006 CD "20 Y.O." But the singer said her record label wanted her to wait for her latest CD, "Discipline."
"We were actually in full-blown tour rehearsals at that point ... learning numbers, getting everything together, set designs," she said. "I had to kind of shut everything down and go into the studio."
Jackson's shows have always been heavy on choreography and glitzy sets. But she promised fans some surprises this time around.
"It will definitely be a big production but it will definitely also be something that I've never done before, that people have never seen from me before," she said.
While only a few dates have been announced for the Live Nation tour, Jackson expects to take the "Rock Witchu" tour (named, by the way, for a song on her new album, not for her brother Michael's famous hit) worldwide.
"It's been a while so I really want to make my rounds," she said. "I haven't been to "Australia in a very long time; I can't wait to go there. There are a lot of places where I really want to stop off at, and that's the idea, that's the goal with this tour.
Tickets go on sale June 7.

On the Net:
Hosted by
google-logo-hosted.gif

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
vertical-space.gif

getElement('ss-section').innerHTML = ''; var images = []; images.push(new SlideshowImage( "/media/ALeqM5ieKaynGLjzjY-EuEXRcZMp4xMv8g", "In this April 10, 2008 file photo, Janet Jackson smiles as she watches dancers at a dance studio in Tokyo. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi, file)", true )); var show = new Slideshow(getElement('ss-section'), [getElement('hn-content'), getElement('hn-footer')], images, false ); var related = new RelatedNews(getElement('rn-section'), getElement('hn-content'), "http://news.google.com/news", 'en_US', "http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gpre_YfO_z1hTeCHUBoB2tnfDWFwD90P0KC02" ); function mapsLoadedCallback() { HNS_initializeMap(getElement('rm-map-container'), "NEW YORK", 5, getElement('hn-content')); } google.load("maps", "2", {"locale": 'en_US', "callback": mapsLoadedCallback, "other_params":"client=google-hostednews"});

Last edited:
So, has anyone decided if they are going to call the number and help Janet decide what songs she should perform on her tour?

I've been thinking about it, but I haven't quite made up my mind, because I probably won't be able to go see any of the shows anyway.

Most likely, I won't be able to go to any of the shows. I saw her in 2001 in Chicago, but this time around I'm a long ways from Chicago and I doubt if it's in the cards.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
going to see her. :dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:
I need to start saving money for tickets Pronto!!

Yes, I'm a little excited, hey I've never seen Janet live. :blush:

I would love to go to her concert... I hope I can by then, and hope she comes close to wherever I am. I love her and her music :)

so does anyone know when tickets go on sale..

I wanna go.. I have only been to her velvet Rope tour..

the best concert I ever went to..

(I never saw MJ perform live though) ;)

Tickets are supposed to go on sale on the 7th of June! I wonder if they manage to announce all dates by then.... so far only these are known:

Wed 09/10/08 Vancouver, BC GM Place Arena
Mon 09/29/08 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Mon 10/13/08 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Wed 10/15/08 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Fri 10/17/08 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

Does anyone know if Janets tour is reaching further afield than the America area? i.e England etc?
and are there going to be anymore Tour dates released soon?
Well, it's supposed to be a world tour... so yes, she's supposed to come to England as well!

Back