New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

StarTrader

Proud Member
Go this from LeslieMJHu on KOP:

Taken from my blog:

New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!

You read it first here:

Sony BMG Music Entertainment will release a new Michael Jackson CD this August (presumably on the 26th).

The tracklist will differ in every country where it will be released.

The company plans to work closely with the fans on the content of this new release.

This way Sony BMG would pay a tribute to Mr. Jackson on his 50th birthday.

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Here we go again.....
let's see if we can get the fans to buy all the differrent versions from the 100+ countries.
Then make them buy another 100 with additional hidden tracks.

If you excuse me I'm just gonna go throw up :puke:

Hmmm, not sure what to think of this. I wonder what the tribute CD will be, is it going to be artists from each country singing their favourite MJ songs. I'm guessing Sony are releasing it to bide the time until the new CD comes out.

Because they said there working closely with the fans! We should all ask for things we havent got before!

A concert we havent seen in dvd quality etc! A concert from each tour? Bad at Wembley?

Unreleased tracks from each era!

Or am i just hoping for to much??

Thank goodness!!

I was wondering when they would re-release another album from the back catalog. I mean sheesh--- it's been a whole month since they put out that last one. :wild:

Way to go PH-ony:clapping: I knew I could count on you to satisfy my urge to live life in the past. I don't know any other company that takes more of an active interest in a fan's life than you. You know exactly what the fans want.

:tease:

I don't know why people are assuming it is a re-release, it doesn't even say that its a greatest hits compilation. It says a 'tribute' CD which leads me to believe that it is artists doing renditions of their favourite Michael songs. I wouldn't be surprised if Alicia Keys, Craig David and some others were on it since recently they have done their own versions of Michael's songs on stage.

Also the mention that Sony want to work closely with fans makes me think there is a possibility that remixes and unreleased tracks could be included. I highly doubt that the BAD tour will be included, I have a feeling MJ is leaving that for when he retires.

Last edited:

If they are going to work closely with the fans, here is what I have to say:
15 BRAND NEW SONGS
I'm not moving a finger then.

leads me to believe that it is artists doing renditions of their favourite Michael songs. I wouldn't be surprised if Alicia Keys, Craig David and some others were on it since recently they have done their own versions of Michael's songs on stage.
i wouldn't mind buying me a copy of that.

Craig David's rendition was just something else.
f_applause.gif

i wouldn't mind buying me a copy of that.

Craig David's rendition was just something else.
f_applause.gif

Yeah I really enjoyed Craig David's rendition of Human Nature too and I liked how Alicia Keys was able to change the lyrics to make it a socially conscious message about the state of the world today.

I think a tribute CD could work as long as the artists can do Michael's songs justice, I mean although Alien Ant Farm and Fall Out Boy have brought attention to Michael's songs with their covers which is cool I wouldn't consider their versions to be particularly good.

Thank goodness!!

I was wondering when they would re-release another album from the back catalog. I mean sheesh--- it's been a whole month since they put out that last one. :wild:

Way to go PH-ony:clapping: I knew I could count on you to satisfy my urge to live life in the past. I don't know any other company that takes more of an active interest in a fan's life than you. You know exactly what the fans want.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ten characters just to post a simple smiley, lol.

Please let it not be another re-release, I mean come on enough is enough.
If it's a tribute with other artists...then that might be a good thing...

BTW as someone said, since they're considering the fans...how about Bad tour @ Wembley? It's not like we haven't been asking for it for years now.

There is an album called "Conception", which is a tribute CD to Stevie Wonder. It's a bunch of artists covering his songs. I quite enjoy it. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar.

Just for craps and giggles, some covers I'd like to see:

1. Rock With You - Beyonce
2. The Lady In My Life - Marc Anthony
3. She's Out Of My Life - John Legend
4. Man In The Mirror - Boyz II Men

the guy has no shame whatsoever... for how long does he want to scrounge off not only his old work, but even worse, OTHER PEOPLES work!??!

Last edited:

This is a tribute CD meaning that other artists will be recording MJ tracks.

OMG! Another re-release?!!Gahhhhhhhh, it's Michael Mania all over again! I mean who needs a new album when we have all these re-re-releases and old, rehashed material to look forward too?:wild:

Thank goodness!!

:lol:

I dont think alot of you fans realize that this will not be just another MJ compilation but a tribute by other artists just like the 30th Anniversary Special.

i ain't expecting much and I want to be surprised. Sony wants to keep on milking. I want unreleased tracks or something different.

Here we go again.....
let's see if we can get the fans to buy all the differrent versions from the 100+ countries.
Then make them buy another 100 with additional hidden tracks.

If you excuse me I'm just gonna go throw up :puke:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

heh. Have ta agree with ya on that one...

I dont think alot of you fans realize that this will not be just another MJ compilation but a tribute by other artists just like the 30th Anniversary Special.

Regardless, it's not something that excites me at all. I'm not interested in hearing other artists sing Michael's songs especially when it's more than likely that their covers wont be as good as the original. Only thing I'm interested in is hearing new material from Michael and I think a lot of fans feel the same way. Enough w/Sony trying to capatilize on his past glory, it's time for something new.

Thank goodness!!

LOL! Sheesh! Yalls be so cynical and sheet! :fortuneteller::fortuneteller::fortuneteller:

Guys we dont even know the details on this Tribute Cd...you never know it could be good. Give things a chance to get off the ground before attacking the idea. We all would prefer a brand new MJ album with myself included but that doesnt mean anything else is automatically considered crap.

well this is a great idea i'm just to hear news about michael thats positive

Of course they do DI. It's still the rehashing and re-release of his songs just sung by different peeps this time.

I ani't mad at MJ though. Cuz he will be moonwalking to da bank on that...

But perhaps without my dough on this one.

he will be moonwalking to da bank on that...

We all have our limits. lol.

Mine is spending more throughout a year on buying 30 year old music than buying new music. lol

Last edited:

Of course they do DI. It's still the rehashing and re-release of his songs just sung by different peeps this time.

Yeah it'll be like the first half of the 30th Aniversary Special except on CD. Unfortunately, you have to know that all the wannabes are gonna be on it: JT, Akon, Usher, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Kanye West etc will all be on it.

Rubbishhhh. New album sony! New album!

Last edited:

Wow some of ya'll are cut throat,lol, just shut down the tribute CD. We don't really KNOW what it will be do we??

Sure Sony has done Mike and the fans dirty....BUT i think we should remember this year is a year of celebration for MJ. Yes, Sony is making money. Yes, MJ is making money. IMO if there is anytime to let the past go no matter how greedy Sony has been, it is now, this year. So much positive has happened for MJ this year and I am not gonna let the past ruin my joy in all these wonderful tributes and honors going on.

I think some peeps need to take a step back, look around and enjoy the view...it's quite beautiful!!

Yeah, exactly. It's all good but I ain't buying it either but good for Mike. ;)

Back