Janet Pushing For Jackson 5 Reunion

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Janet Jackson announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday that after a 7-year hiatus, she’s returning to the stage for her “Rock with U” Tour.

“I’m here to kick off my ‘Rock With U’ tour,” Janet shared. “Our first show is September 10. And I’ve set up a number for fans to call in and to leave what old/new songs you’d like to hear [at the concert]. The number’s 323-622-8139. Give me a call and let me know!”

The entire Ellen audience got two tickets each to Janet’s concert.

Ellen also asked Janet if there’s going to be a Jackson 5 reunion. Janet was optimistic: “I hope so. I’ve been really pushing my brothers and having conference calls and working on it.”

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/19/janet-jackson-rock-with-u-concert-tour/

Don't see it happening and don't think she should be pushing michael cus atleast to me he just wants to focus on his solo career.

As much as I would dearly love to see the Jacksons together again, I would not want MJ to do it unwillingly. Janet needs to back off and let the guys decide for themselves. If MJ doesn't want it, so be it. He has his solo career and his business. Seems as if the brothers are going the way of reality tv now. They are very popular here in britain, so they may land a job on british tv like David did.

WHO CARES WHAT MICHAL WANTS, I WANT TO SEE THE J5 COMING BACK :wild:

If it's the J5, does that mean Steven's not involved, lol?

I think that Janet needs to focus on her career and not some J5/Jackson reunion. I do not see that happening. The brothers can do a reality show or judge something. MJ is working on his solo work. Janet needs to change the title of her tour and call it the "Displine" tour.

I think that Janet needs to focus on her career and not some J5/Jackson reunion. I do not see that happening. The brothers can do a reality show or judge something. MJ is working on his solo work. Janet needs to change the title of her tour and call it the "Displine" tour.
I mentioned that title before and I got bashed, so I will stay quiet, except to say that I don't understand why someone would use the title of one of their brother's most famous songs to launch a tour or even to use it for their own song. If I were that brother, I wouldn't like it one bit.

I mentioned that title before and I got bashed, so I will stay quiet, except to say that I don't understand why someone would use the title of one of their brother's most famous songs to launch a tour or even to use it for their own song. If I were that brother, I wouldn't like it one bit.

What's wrong with that? Janet also remade One More Chance from the Victory album. Rock With U isn't the same song and she didn't write it. Lots of songs have the same title, such as "Tonight".

What's wrong with that? Janet also remade One More Chance from the Victory album. Rock With U isn't the same song and she didn't write it. Lots of songs have the same title, such as "Tonight".
I am not the only one who have questioned it, she has been asked about it from so many interviews. I just think it is odd, that's all.

I guess this is odd too, lol.
janetvibe-april.jpg

Well you can hope. But if Michael doesn't want to do it, nobody should force him. He's done enough in that department for his brothers. He stayed on with them for 2 years following the release of "Thriller". What more can he do, really. He's a solo artist and has been for 30 years, basically. Why would he go back with his brothers when he's seen 10 times the success on his own?

Last edited:
If I recall he was kinda already pushed before when he did the victory tour in 84 so don't think he wants them doing that again. You got to that statement before me but i'll leave it here anyways.

Last edited:
I agree with janet,push them hard janet,we need one last J5 tour. I want to see them all together. I notice a lot of you guys on here,don't want to see them all together again, why?

It's not that we don't want to see the J5 together again, it's just that some of us feel myself included that Michael shouldn't be forced into doing something he really doesn't want to do. Michael's seems to be focused on getting his career moving again (which he should be).

I agree with janet,push them hard janet,we need one last J5 tour. I want to see them all together. I notice a lot of you guys on here,don't want to see them all together again, why?

One, because from what Janet says, it doesn't sound like Michael want's to do it, and it's getting old people trying to push Michael in to things he doesn't want and two, his brothers hold him back.

I wouldn't mind seeing a one off performance from the Jacksons, but i wouldn't like them to do a full scale tour together because like Wannabestartinsomethin21 has said MJ's brothers hold him back

I would love to see the brothers go on tour, but let's be real - if Michael ain't going, it is not happening. Janet needs to let it go and focus on her tour.

The brothers can do something else. They are famous in their own right. There is reality shows, judging or certain things, they can play in people's bands. MJ has a solo career to focus on.

Back