What's up with Amy Winehouse?

So recently i discovered her music, and i have to say i really like a few songs from her, maybe the other songs have to grow on me, but it's songs like 'You know i'm no good, Back to black,Take the box" that i really enjoy. They have that 'motown' kind of sound to it.
And also these songs aren't songs you can call happy songs....and personally i really like songs like that. Even though i am a happy person, lol.

Anyway....i also saw some video footage of when she was younger, and man i have to say she was a real good looking lady, definitely attractive, and SO damn talented. Now i haven't really been following anything the media says...cause those pathetic losers only focus on negative things, it's disgusting to say how they really 'enjoy' talking trash about for example Amy Winehouse and let's not forget their biggest target MJ.

I was just wondering....why did she start using drugs, drinking etc....why did she do the things that make her look like she does nowadays, it's such a shame....i ain't gonna judge on anybody....but it's sad what happened to her, and i'd like to understand why. A friend of mine told me...she's like a modern day Janis Joplin...her downfall leading to worse things is most definitely gonna happen...which would be so sad, such a talented and from what i've seen from interviews and concert footage, seems like a real friendly and good person.

i dont like her, overrated voice, "i need to eatsomething" looks and a hairstyle that looks like its been infested by nits

i dont like her, overrated voice, "i need to eatsomething" looks and a hairstyle that looks like its been infested by nits

She 'needs to eat something' is because she's a .....junkie? But you've seen some live footage of her? Man...that voice is something. Maybe overrated by some, but nevertheless very good.

Typically, I can't even stand people like Amy Winehouse. I have to admit though, I really do like her. She's a girl with tremendous talent. Her body issues evidentially have something to do with her drug use. There are pictures of her where she was looking healthy from years back.
I'm guessing she just surrounded herself with the wrong people... I wish her the best though.

Last edited:
love the winehouse. such an amazing voice and talent. i wish her the best :).

I wish her the best also. She's an extremly talented person obviously.

Well I don't know her personally so I don't know but working with ppl figthing probs with addictions I guess she has done some bad decision. But I hope she'll be able and find the support she needs to work this out again.
About drugs it's always the same story. Ppl think they have it under controll and it's possible to keep it under controll till they finally lose controll.
Noone likes being addicted to something! And ppl do feel like failures if they are addicted to something cuz they've lost controll.
But many... well countless ppl make bad decisions when life gets unbearable for one reason or the other... and drugs... all those things causing addictions make you able to escape real life... only for a short moment but it must feel like the only relief you can find.
Some ppl just don't have supportive parents, good friends or just the luck to be strong enough.
Some are just not as lucky as me and you (meaning hopefully most ppl here!).

What I find much more disgusting than drug or alcohol addicts are ppl talking about them as if they are dirt even more when they happen to have money... the example of Amy or Britney seems to offer ppl to show their ugliest side in the way they are talking.
I personally think happy ppl simply don't talk like that. So if someone talks trash about someone with the problems of Amy or Britney or whoever, it's obvious: they should hurry to care about their own life FIRST!

Last edited:
I love Amy Winehouse, she is soooooooo talented and orginally, i bought her album "Back To Black" and it's an album that i will never get sick listening to it, her voice is addictive.

If i'm not wrong, the drug abuse came from when she feel in love and then she got her heartbroken (dont get the full story) so she turned to drugs.

I wish the very very very best, she is messed up mentally but has a good heart.

Love You Amy.

xxx

I wish her the best also. She's an extremly talented person obviously.

Well I don't know her personally so I don't know but working with ppl figthing probs with addictions I guess she has done some bad decision. But I hope she'll be able and find the support she needs to work this out again.
About drugs it's always the same story. Ppl think they have it under controll and it's possible to keep it under controll till they finally lose controll.
Noone likes being addicted to something! And ppl do feel like failures if they are addicted to something cuz they've lost controll.
But many... well countless ppl make bad decisions when life gets unbearable for one reason or the other... and drugs... all those things causing addictions make you able to escape real life... only for a short moment but it must feel like the only relief you can find.
Some ppl just don't have supportive parents, good friends or just the luck to be strong enough.
Some are just not as lucky as me and you (meaning hopefully most ppl here!).

What I find much more disgusting than drug or alcohol addicts are ppl talking about them as if they are dirt even more when they happen to have money... the example of Amy or Britney seems to offer ppl to show their ugliest side in the way they are talking.
I personally think happy ppl simply don't talk like that. So if someone talks trash about someone with the problems of Amy or Britney or whoever, it's obvious: they should hurry to care about their own life FIRST!

Yeah very very true. Many people should take a damn good look at themself first before judging others. I am sick of people who judge Michael for this and that....yo...stfu, like the good man says 'take a look at the man/woman in the mirror' , before judging others.

I definitely hope Amy somehow will find a way to get rid of the drugs, i saw some recent pictures of her, she was taking out the trash....man.......let's just say she didn't look too good. I wish those reports about her checking into rehab finally were true....but i guess there has to happen something first before they realize they should seek help. And still though....i am not her, i ain't in her situation, can't talk for her. But it's still sad, definitely.

I feel really bad for these teenage and early-20s stars who turn to drugs. Amy Winehouse isn't the only one (Olsen Twins, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc.) Someone should provide support and encouragement in their lives to give up the drugs, instead of them being surrounded by Yes-men who agree with everything they do. If there was some sort of intervention, I'm sure that they could straighten out their lives.

It's also really sick how people build up celebrities and then try to tear them down. Like Michael said, every celebrity is a target. It's frankly rather sickening.

Yeah, the media is the biggest scum of the world. Media and papparazzi.

But most stars you mentioned i just can't stand. All of them are very arrogant and cocky, i disliked them from the beginning. still though, i aint agreeing with the media and how they treat people. But in Amy's case...she seems like a friendly down to earth person, from the footage i saw of live concerts and how she interacts with the audience...i could be wrong, but to me she seems like a very cool person. Whereas IMO Britney is annoying as hell, arrogant , cocky and that goes for the others you mentioned as well...STILL , their drug problem is sad though.

Last edited:
Drugs are for losers. I really hoped she would have another outlet instead of resorting to alchohol and drug abuse. But yah, hopefully she'll get some help before it's too late.

Well, everybody knows that this whole celebrity environment is full of drugs and bad influences. From the minute the person gets in this buzziness - weather it's music, movies, fashion - she/he is introduced to a "whole new world".

And the truth is that, unfortunately, most of them are not strong enough to stay out of the drugs. I think we could find veeeery few who hasn't done anything like that. It's sad actually. :(

It's also really sick how people build up celebrities and then try to tear them down. Like Michael said, every celebrity is a target. It's frankly rather sickening.

Yeah, that makes me so angry!
Who are they to play with people's lives like that? It's not fair to build up celebrities just to tear them down later.
nono.gif

she is a very talented lady, its a shame she has turmed to drink and drugs though, but i wish her the best and i hope she overcomes the problem

I think it's a shame that she inadvertantly gets rewarded for her behavior.. and it leaks a bad image to the youth..

Last edited:
I wish she would continue to get help,She does have a talent when doing those songs that The Grammy Commitee have given her all those grammys.I hate to hear she passed on due to her drug use.She still has so much to offer Musically,She Brought the 60s back. Lets sit around the record player and remember all the people who sound like her singing.She reminds me of Etta James or Dusty Springfield alitte without her using a powerful voice.

Back