New La Toya Pics: Celebrating 52nd B-Day! May 30, 2008

TSCM

Proud Member
http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke

May 30, 2008 - La Toya, Joe, Jackie, and Others Celebrates Her 52nd Birthday

latoya05308-1.jpg

Being a Jehovah's Witness, LaToya Jackson had never celebrated a birthday or enjoyed a birthday cake. She arrived just before midnight, posing for pictures with fans as she made her way inside. Joining La Toya at her table was her father Joe, brother Jackie, and drag performer Ru Paul. Close to 1:30 a.m. Prive's sexy servers presented her with her first birthday cake ever, a lemon and cream creation topped with sparklers. Latoya jumped up on the couch with her glass of Yellow Label Veuve Clicquot and waved her hands and yelled with excitement. The group wrapped up the party after 2 a.m.

latoya0508-3.jpg

LaToya Jackson, in a rare public appearance, looked fabulous at 52 during her red carpet appearance Friday at Prive nightclub at Planet Hollywood Resort . Jackson, who appeared nude in Playboy in 1989, was the celebrity host for the night. Her birthday was Thursday. (Photo courtesy Erik Kabik) (lupiani)

latoya0508-2.jpg

She's so cute, with her skinny self :D. And her brother looks great too.

Last edited:
so....one by one, those, of the family that were of the jehova's witness faith, seem to be leaving it and celebrating birthdays.....although i can't be sure...but...

:cheers:

happy birthday, Latoya...

Last edited:
Off topic but what religion is Michael?

Dont know. He believes in God, a higher being and so on. But he hasnt publicly stated as far as I know. The last religion i've heard him speak of as his own was the Jehovahs Witnesses.

BUUUUT:
Happy B-Day Latoya! She looks happy! WHOOOO!

Latoya has not been a JW since the 80's. She left the faith before MJ did. Why else would she have taken them pictures. I do not believe this is her first bday celebration.

Last edited:
yes he is :) he hasnt been an active one for the last 20 years or so as u said but he does have the faith

and as for latoya she does have the faith too. neither of them has left the faith. its one thing to become an inactive member and other to lose the faith

MJ is still a JW. He went back to the religion years later.

As for LaToya, happy birthday to her.

LaToya looks great..happy b-day.. i have a new found respect for her after that interview recently.. she gave a lot of incite into herself and also to Michael..

BIG ups to the J-family

i think the religion thing is peoples' opinion. a lot of quotes have been over the years..and MJ is secretive about much. so..like much else..we are only speculating. not saying he doesn't believe in God, having just said 'God bless you', to Christian Augdier....but the specifics..that's speculation, just like much of his private life...

like everything else...tying down opinions to sound like fact only leads to trouble on these boards..

whereas facts usually include links..such as the sony catalogue and such...

Last edited:
No he's not and he hasn't been one for the last 20 years or so.
user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("1478698")

he said around 2001 that he still classes himself as one. you only have to look at the earth song video to see his beliefs coming out

he said around 2001 that he still classes himself as one. you only have to look at the earth song video to see his beliefs coming out

i've seen that video, and different interpretations come of it, for different people. and from what people have seen in pics in his house, and other things he's said since that year..other interpretations can come of it. religion is a private thing.

and no matter what we think about any subject..stating our opinions as fact is still not a good thing. and now, anything could have happened between 2001 and 2008. that's a long stretch. and even then..opinion on our part is still opinion.

Last edited:
Its nice to see La Toya well...hope she had a great night :)

Last edited:
Glad Latoya is having a good time. However, I wonder why this is her first b-day party? Didnt she leave the religion a while ago and hasnt she been free from Jack for years now. Who knows I guess there was just always too much going on.

i've seen that video, and different interpretations come of it, for different people. and from what people have seen in pics in his house, and other things he's said since that year..other interpretations can come of it. religion is a private thing.

and no matter what we think about any subject..stating our opinions as fact is still not a good thing. and now, anything could have happened between 2001 and 2008. that's a long stretch. and even then..opinion on our part is still opinion.

in the ebony interview he referred to God as Jehovah. during the trial he went to the kingdom hall many times.
hes said in interviews dozens of times that hes a JW still. he said that he doesnt do volunteering work anymore cuz hes too busy for that but he does have the faith. i dont know what more ppl want to believe hes still a JW. :huh:

Last edited:
in the ebony interview he referred to God as Jehovah. during the trial he went to the kingdom hall many times.
hes said in interviews dozens of times that hes a JW still. he said that he doesnt do volunteering work anymore cuz hes too busy for that but he does have the faith. i dont know what more ppl want to believe hes still a JW. :huh:
Both Michael and Latoya were disfellowshipped from the church. When you are disfellowshipped you are no longer members of the church. It is rather like being ex-communicated.That doesn't mean that you stop believeing or you stop attending. It just means that you are not oblliged to follow the teachings of the church anymore.
Latoya says she doesn't follow the faith so strictly anymore, but she still believes in god. It is obvious that MJ doesn't anymore, hence, he celebrates christmas, and birthdays and he divorces and remarries, all against the faith
. A main requirement of the faith is to witness, neither MJ nor Latoya does that. I think it is safe to say that while they still maintain some of the belief that they grew up with, they are not practicing the teachings anymore. JW do not consoder them part of the faith.

Nice pics, thanks for posting :)
Damn, I want to taste that cake.. looks delicious ! :wild:

Last edited:

Well Michael is not a member of any church - he left his religion according to JW's, because that's what you do when you leave your church and the elders, therefore I can only believe that Michael is NOT a JW. At least not in a "formal" way. He just doens't practice the religion.

Back