Fastest man on earth - UPDATE: Bolt's Olympic triumph

arXter

Proud Member
who else is into running?

Thousands welcome Olympic hero Bolt home

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5grZf6tdeI2bCsB4kIfWRv2D22hiw

ALeqM5jA-LHqzjdSTQIrMmFzljfYVFh_mw

September 9th 2008

KINGSTON (AFP) — Thousands of Jamaicans braved heavy rain Monday to give triple Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt a rapturous welcome home.

Fans lined roads leading from the Norman Manley International airport to the heart of New Kingston to cheer Bolt, who electrified the Beijing Games with his 100m-200m sprint double and 4x100m relay triumph - all in world record times.

----------------------------------------------------

100 meters in 9.69 seconds;
200 meters in 19.30 seconds;
4x100 relay in 37.10 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------

Jamaican Bolt sets world record in 100 meters

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jCUGt0M3E-r2Q7htq09PsLRyn-CQD9112HJ80

May 1st 2008

NEW YORK (AP) — Like lightning out of nowhere, Usain Bolt is now the world's fastest man. The Jamaican sprinter, who doesn't even consider the 100 meters his best race, set the world record Saturday night with a time of 9.72 seconds at the Reebok Grand Prix, .02 seconds faster than the old record held by his countryman, Asafa Powell.

Bolt was using the 100 for "speed work" and to avoid having to run the more grueling 400, when, suddenly, he ran the world's second-fastest time a few weeks ago at 9.76. Even then, he said he wasn't sure if he would give up the 400 meters for the 100 for the Beijing Olympics.

Hard to imagine he has any choice now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=owfpwVN70MA

Last edited:
Re: Fastest man on earth

I just saw this on the tellie!

isn't that something!

These guys who run this race move faster than most cars over that distance from a standing start.

that just blows my mind

I am. And this is news to me. Geezz. Asafa Powell blew my mind with 9.74. 2 onehundreths of a second off that time might as well me a mile ahead in that race. I think Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay are gonna be sweating bullets if this guy decides to run the 100 at Bejing. It's kind of shocking how often this record is being broken on the men's side as of late. Maurice Green's time of 9.79 seems slow now, and he set that record just 10 years ago.

Last edited:

lets hope its legit and in 10 years time it aint another marion jones type. shame that everythings questionable now after whats gone on over the last few years

^ yeah it is a shame that everything becomes questionable, but maybe the guy just has a high level of fast twitch fibres in the right muscles.

Bolt has shown a lot of promise from an early age. He's talented. So I think he's the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

lets hope its legit and in 10 years time it aint another marion jones type. shame that everythings questionable now after whats gone on over the last few years
speaking of which, our own dodgy Dwain Chambers is now on the team for Beijing. don't know what to think of it to be honest.
anyway, not long now til the games begin
f_smiley.gif

I can't wait for the games :wild:

MJJC should enter a team :wild:

:mello:

Moonwalking is an event yeah? :unsure:

f_laugh.gif
why not. or we can be really sad and have our own Arcade Olympics
f_smiley.gif

omg :wild: what a cool idea!! :wild:

If we get a big pile of games before the Olympics begin I reckon we should :D

L.J for Gold!!

arXter to finish painfully behind L.J the Greatest!

e5765.gif

oh no you didn't! :eek:

*slips and lands on arXter*

grlfight.jpg

actually what I love about the Olympics is the funny photo moments ^_^

919427338_2cb3dbf010_o.jpg

"I'm falling!!!"

funny_sport_moments_025.jpg

"All I know is it came from behind me..."

20fcd81677220bb1c534decc9dcf13c4_funny-sport-moments-074-1.jpg

"Okay I give up you've caught me"

Funny_sport_Photo_19.jpg

going up?.... going down? :unsure:

Funny_sport_Photo_24.jpg

Extreme sitting

Funny_sport_Photo_23.jpg

more extreme sitting

Funny_sport_Photo_33.jpg

Chin not quite so up

apa1.jpg

Vampiress swimmer (night Olympics)

Funny_sport_Photo_37.jpg

"concentrate... concentrate..."

:giggle:

Last edited:

f_laugh.gif
f_laugh.gif

but seriously i'm turned on by the fist pic
f_devil.gif

One of the greatest runners in history :) Go U.S.A. :clapping:

tommie_smith.jpg

speaking of which, our own dodgy Dwain Chambers is now on the team for Beijing.

did he win his appeal or hasnt it happened yet? even when uk runners are on drugs they still cant win anything lol

watched a really intresting docu on the 68 protest the other week (the piccy above)

^^Tommie Smith and John Carlos will be honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at The Espy's this year on 7/20. I had the honor of meeting Dr. Smith, what a genuinely nice man. If you have a chance to read his book it's pretty interesting.:)

did he win his appeal or hasnt it happened yet? even when uk runners are on drugs they still cant win anything lol

watched a really intresting docu on the 68 protest the other week (the piccy above)
he won the appeal and
f_laugh.gif
that's so true damn.

if the docu was on bbc4, i watched that too.

yeah that was the one. funny that one of the guys ended up at wakefield at the rugby ground as i do some work there.

bump this mofo

this boy seriously came out of nowhere just before the Olympics by popping a 100m record.

in came the Olympics and he's got three new records under his belt:

100 meters in 9.69 seconds;
200 meters in 19.30 seconds;
4x100 relay in 37.10 seconds.

and the previous (and only) record he broke before it (a couple of months apart) was the 100m in 9.72 secs!

the man has actually inspired me to take up Sprints after years of long-distance running, and i'm hardly ever (never) swayed by celebs lol

Last edited:
i soooo misread this thread title :hysterical:

I could have sworn it said "fattest man on earth"

He's the greatest sprinter in history. I didn't think I would see ANYONE break Michael Johnson's record for a long, long time, but Bolt did it. In to a freakin' head wind. What EVER.

He's the REAL star of the Olympic games.

As impressed as I am with Bolt, I'm even more impressed with the "Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius the fastest man on NO legs :wild:

anyone see him run last night?

Back