Janet Jackson offers to open for brother

rockstar

Proud Member
Story.jpg

Janet Jackson is offering to open up for her brother Michael if he signs up to do a spectacular Las Vegas residency.

Jackson prompted speculation he would headline his own Sin City residency when an equity group linked to the Las Vegas Hilton helped him save his Neverland Ranch from foreclosure.

His younger sister Janet has no idea if he will go ahead with the show - but is extending an offer to make it go off with even more of a bang.

Speaking on BET network TV show 106 & Park on Tuesday, she says, "I've heard that (story) for a while, but I don't know."

"I would love to (open up for him)."

what does she mean she has heard the story? she's the one that started the reunion thing. she was the one saying she was getting her brothers on conference calls to get them together and she would be the opening act. Now she's saying she's heard this from some other source?

Janet's latest attempt has failed miserably, now it seems that her record label has dropped her and is not even supporting her upcoming tour. I doubt janet would have been offering to open for MJ or her brothers if her music was being successful. I still would like to see an entire Jackson family bonanza, though. That would be a smash.

Thanx for Sharing Rockstar!

Well...I think that she would open for him anytime. She knows he needs support for his comeback so I think she wouldn't mind helping him. At least for "Scream" - too bad that song was never performed live with the of them !

Last edited:
I'm sure there is'nt any truth to this story and when was the last time MJ had anyone open for him?

i think MJ needs his sister janet to open for his new comeback and new year cause he need janet to support him he needs more love to feel happyer again :yes:

i think MJ needs his sister janet to open for his new comeback and new year cause he need janet to support him he needs more love to feel happyer again :yes:

no he does'nt need Janet for any comeback, since when has Janet played any role in the success of his career?

I'm sure there is'nt any truth to this story and when was the last time MJ had anyone open for him?
On every tour MJ had someone opening for him!

Besides, Janet didn't say she would open for Michael, she said, she would open for her brothers!

Janet's latest attempt has failed miserably, now it seems that her record label has dropped her and is not even supporting her upcoming tour. I doubt janet would have been offering to open for MJ or her brothers if her music was being successful. I still would like to see an entire Jackson family bonanza, though. That would be a smash.

wow..that's news to me...her label dropped her??

wow..that's news to me...her label dropped her??
Yes, she and her label are at war, apparently, and they have stopped all promotion of her album and any backing for her tour. The album barely sold 370 000 in the USA and is only selling 3 000 per week.
They fought over which single to release next. Janet wanted rock witchu and the label wated luv.
I knew this rock witchu was going to be trouble for Janet. She should never have used that title for her song, in my opinion. It is associated with her brother, as it is one of his major hits. I was not the only one that asked that question, and now every time she mentions it, people asked her about it. Janet sounds like she is heading for a nervous breakdown or something. She just doesn't sound right to me.:(

I had the pleasure of interviewing Janet Jackson yesterday as part of a teleconference with a select few fellow bloggers... And I'm sorry to tell you guys this but it's looking like the label is not planning to allow any more singles from Discipline to be released.
Here's what Janet had to say when I asked her what her next single would be:
"That’s pretty difficult to say, only because of the record label at this point. We started off with “Feedback” and the label and myself haven’t quite seen eye to eye since the "Feedback" single so they’ve kind of basically stopped all promotion. I’m trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album so I don’t think you’re going to hear another single off this album."
Damn. What is going over there at Island???

She also revealed some details about her upcoming "Rock Witchu Tour":
"It’s a completely different show, like nothing before in the past. My real goal is to try and do every single I’ve ever had... so I have to figure out how to fit that into two hours and yet give them enough so they don’t feel hungry for more of that song in particular."
As for why she chose to title the tour after her song "Rock Wit U":
"It’s fitting to me, fitting to what the show will be like. It’s a dance show, it’s all upbeat I want it to be a party onstage, a party in the arena. I’ve always said when people come to these shows I want them to forget about all their problems all the drama in their lives and just have a good time, just let it go for a couple hours and bring some happiness into their lives. It’s going to be one big party, I want to 'Rock Witchu.'"
Last but not least Janet wanted to make sure fans know she has been keeping up with the internet talk about her not making to Europe to promote Discipline:

"I just want to let the fans know because I’ve been reading a lot what the bloggers have been saying about the record and not hearing it on the radio and stuff like that, so I just wanted to let them know where things were as well and where it was all coming from. I’ve heard people talking about me not coming to Europe in support of the record just to let them know that it was definitely in my heart to go to Europe and to support this album but it’s about teamwork, it’s not something I can totally do on my own. Unfortunately things have turned out the way that they have with the differences between the label and myself, which we have been having for the most part from the beginning. So I just want to tell them again thank you very much for all the love and all the support and I they understand the entire situation and I’m really excited to see everybody on tour. I’m really looking forward to that it’s going to be a lot of fun."

Read the full SOHH news story this Saturday to learn more, including details about Janet's book Me which is due for release in November.

http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/2008/06/janet_apologize.html

Last edited:
Actually i watched the show and she corrected them and sed she would opne up 4 her brothers with an s lol not just michael

^ thats what i thought when I was in my friends car, he was bumping Janets song" Rock with you"..and I said didn't Michael come out with 'I wanna Rock with you"? lol!!!but no hard feelings towards Janet, she is great but I also agree that maybe she shouldn't have choose this title. It sucks that Janet's record label dropped her!!!:(

Last edited:
That SUCKS! Im sick of record labels dropping people!!! MAYBE the labels should try to get out there and do something about all of the bootleggers and downloaders so that their artists can sell more records!

she was not dropped from her lable. they were disagreeing on what the next single should be and just stopped promotion on this project. hopefully there difference will be worked out.

^^^oh, well then.........exclude my second sentence.....

I saw the interview and she said she was pursuading them to tour but there was one that was still on the fence...that's Michael obviously lol

Back