Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration (reviews)

Michaels.Art.Nouveau

Proud Member
4521050900.jpg

Please post your reviews and photos here for 'Michael Jackson & The Jackson's: A Celebration' event.

(This is one of 2 shows tonight which I am dissapointed at not being able to attend tonight. the other show is 'Britain's Got Talent' tour at 'Hammersmith Apollo' to watch 'Signature'.)

Cameras were eventually allowed at the Jacksons show. No official photos or reviews have been released yet but if anybody has anything then please post it here, Can't wait to hear about what happened in Devon, tonight,

Looking forward to photos of Jay, Kishanta, Danny and all other performers, many thanks.

Last edited:
just to let you know, this hasnt happened yet!! Its being held on Sunday, in 2 days time

lol it hasnt happend yet i got worried then lol i thought i missed it

just to let you know, this hasnt happened yet!! Its being held on Sunday, in 2 days time

okay, thank you.

Edit: here is a picture from Devon and article, channel 4 were filming quite intimitly it seems and the act from 'Britian's got Talent' (not 'Signature' but the other one with bubbles) performed as well:

*****'s phone call's a thriller
devon.editorial@archant.co.uk
11 June 2008

Stars Tito Jackson and sons Taj (left) and TJ (two-thirds of band 3-T) with fan party organiser George Warren. Picture: www.andycaseyphotography.co.uk

POP legend Michael Jackson wowed fans by speaking to them via a live telephone link from Las Vegas at a party held at the Durrant House Hotel in Northam on Sunday.

Three hundred excited fans had packed out the ballroom at the sell-out party to meet Jackson Five legend Tito Jackson and his sons TJ and Taj when the pop king personally phoned the hotel to speak with his older brother and nephews - and say hi to his adoring aficionados.

Hotel manager Julie Finn said the receptionist put the call through to her office at around 8pm on Sunday.

She said: "It was a little surreal waiting in my small office with the Jacksons for Michael to call - and being filmed by Channel 4!

"We set up a link to the ballroom, and when the call came though and fans realised who was on the phone, it was incredible."

Michael said "hi" to his fans before saying he had been busy working in the studio that day. "I love you all," he said.

Earlier, fans were given the chance to rub shoulders with the Jackson stars and were entertained by a succession of top Jackson tribute acts including Danny Oliver, MJacksonUK, Mikki J, and Britain's Got Talent finalist Damon Scott and "Bubbles".

The event was organised by 18-year-old North Devon College student George Warren.

George, from Barnstaple, who has been hard at work organising the show for the last six weeks told the Gazette the event was more than he had ever hoped it would be.

"It was a fantastic night. We originally thought just Tito was going to come but to have him and two of his sons come - and stay for the whole evening - was amazing.

"The auction of Michael's fedora and the phone call was the icing on the cake.

"Organising the event has been pretty much non-stop - stressful but exciting.

"I'll now be concentrating on my A-Level exams this week and next - and learning to drive!"

The event raised an astonishing £8,000 for the North Devon Hospice through ticket sales, a raffle, and £500 donation by supermarket ASDA, who also presented a hamper of North Devon produce to Tito. A further £6,000 was raised through an auction of Jackson memorabilia including Michael's white fedora that he wore in the Smooth Criminal video, signed by the star himself. Other lots included signed Janet Jackson tour merchandise, and generous Tito even offered to cook one lucky fan a meal at his Appledore rented home.

Tito, who is understood to be flying back to America this week said: "I love North Devon. The people have been beautiful to me and I've been out for a lot of walks in the evening to enjoy the beautiful sunsets - I've had a ball!

http://www.devon24.co.uk/northdevon...=newsndga&itemid=DEED11 Jun 2008 11:57:15:260

Last edited:
wow
i can't understand everything because i speak spanish but is great that i understanding
sorry my bad english

Back