Apparently Janet Is Not Invincible Either

chad

Guests
The First Family of music seems to be falling from grace, one by one. It must be hard never hearing the word 'No' & then all of the sudden, they decide to use it on you again. Jackson has been beefing with her label over the next single to be release from her 'Discipline' CD. They aren't giving into her demands. On top of that, with only one single released, they have stopped all promotion of the CD.

The Dominatrix Diva appears to have grown tired of LA Reid and her Def Jam deal as well. She is looking to follow Maddy and Jay-Z's path to the Live Nation Multi-Million Dollar deal. The two of them have received upwards of 100 million for their concert deals. That money is all representative of ticket sales ... I am sure Live Nation will need some proof that Janet can still bring in the numbers she has previously.

In a interview from SOHH, Janet had this to say about her next single,

“That’s pretty difficult to say, only because of the record label at this point. We started off with “Feedback” and the label and myself haven’t quite seen eye to eye since the “Feedback” single so they’ve kind of basically stopped all promotion. I’m trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album so I don’t think you’re going to hear another single off this album.”

“I just want to let the fans know because I’ve been reading a lot what the bloggers have been saying about the record and not hearing it on the radio and stuff like that, so I just wanted to let them know where things were as well and where it was all coming from. I’ve heard people talking about me not coming to Europe in support of the record just to let them know that it was definitely in my heart to go to Europe and to support this album but it’s about teamwork, it’s not something I can totally do on my own. Unfortunately things have turned out the way that they have with the differences between the label and myself, which we have been having for the most part from the beginning. So I just want to tell them again thank you very much for all the love and all the support and I they understand the entire situation and I’m really excited to see everybody on tour. I’m really looking forward to that it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Girlfriend, if your Brotha, the 'King Of Pop' ain't Invincible, what on Earth makes you think that you are beyond being snubbed **snap**

Good luck on the 'Rock Witchu' Tour !! (nice title by the way) This fan hopes you can bring the name Jackson back to it's revered status. Tell your Brother we miss him and to do the same.

http://entertainmentzone.com

Last edited:
please be quiet they have not fallen 4rm grace, just a milestone 2get over. so NEXT

Oh the drama...I am sad ths has happened to Janet. Janet is still quite the force to be reckoned with...her last film did really well, didn't it. Maybe she will concentrate more on acting now. Either way, this is what has been happening to the VAST majority of artists out there..except for those with the top 40 hits singing the same song to different tunes...the record labels have been dropping them like rabbit droppings.

Janet will just have to get over this hurdle. I also hope she doesn't think she needs to align her decisions with that of her boyfriends...I dont know if hes making the correct career decisions for her.

A terrible shame felt it was Janet's best album in a long time and definitely a return to form

The Jacksons are still powerful regardless though so whatever to the article... but Janet need to leave Island if they're treating her this bad.

The First Family of music seems to be falling from grace, one by one. It must be hard never hearing the word 'No' & then all of the sudden, they decide to use it on you again. Jackson has been beefing with her label over the next single to be release from her 'Discipline' CD. They aren't giving into her demands. On top of that, with only one single released, they have stopped all promotion of the CD.

The Dominatrix Diva appears to have grown tired of LA Reid and her Def Jam deal as well. She is looking to follow Maddy and Jay-Z's path to the Live Nation Multi-Million Dollar deal. The two of them have received upwards of 100 million for their concert deals. That money is all representative of ticket sales ... I am sure Live Nation will need some proof that Janet can still bring in the numbers she has previously.

In a interview from SOHH, Janet had this to say about her next single,

“That’s pretty difficult to say, only because of the record label at this point. We started off with “Feedback” and the label and myself haven’t quite seen eye to eye since the “Feedback” single so they’ve kind of basically stopped all promotion. I’m trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album so I don’t think you’re going to hear another single off this album.”

“I just want to let the fans know because I’ve been reading a lot what the bloggers have been saying about the record and not hearing it on the radio and stuff like that, so I just wanted to let them know where things were as well and where it was all coming from. I’ve heard people talking about me not coming to Europe in support of the record just to let them know that it was definitely in my heart to go to Europe and to support this album but it’s about teamwork, it’s not something I can totally do on my own. Unfortunately things have turned out the way that they have with the differences between the label and myself, which we have been having for the most part from the beginning. So I just want to tell them again thank you very much for all the love and all the support and I they understand the entire situation and I’m really excited to see everybody on tour. I’m really looking forward to that it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Girlfriend, if your Brotha, the 'King Of Pop' ain't Invincible, what on Earth makes you think that you are beyond being snubbed **snap**

Good luck on the 'Rock Witchu' Tour !! (nice title by the way) This fan hopes you can bring the name Jackson back to it's revered status. Tell your Brother we miss him and to do the same.

http://entertainmentzone.ning.com/

it's funny how they keep sayin the family is 'fallin from grace', but the requests to see them across the globe never cease. including the request of the reporter in the last two sentences of this article.

Last edited:
it's been a wrap for Janet for quite some time. def jam and la reid didn't overbudget the project and they put out the album early in the year and gave her a chance to build on something but her days are numbered as a solo artist. more 3rd tier material and she is just going through the motions anyway. Janet needs to do a Leena Horne or songbook cover project that removes her from the same ole same sex talk which is played out for her.

feedback was the first single yes..then Rock Wit U was released with a music video and everything in America. Luv was also released, but to radio only, and then Can't B Good was released to Urban Adult Contemporary radio stations in America. So to say that there hasnt been any promotion after feedback is dumb. There has been promotion, but radio stations have choosen not to play the other singles from the album.

This whole situation brings back memories from 2002 and michael arguing with Sony about them not promoting Invincible

Janet needs to grow the hell up, and put out some mature music. Singing about sex all the time, and acting and dressing like a teenager is NOT mature. I'm not surprised that everyone is abandoning her, "Discipline" was a piss poor album and definitely not a return to form. She's 42, she needs to act her age.

Janet's last good album was The Velvet Rope, IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only difference between Janet and Michael's situation is that Sony actually didn't promote "Invincible" and it still sold 10 million copies.

Janet needs to grow the hell up, and put out some mature music. Singing about sex all the time, and acting and dressing like a teenager is NOT mature. I'm not surprised that everyone is abandoning her, "Discipline" was a piss poor album and definitely not a return to form. She's 42, she needs to act her age.
Janet's last good album was The Velvet Rope, IMO.

That's an ironic statement to make coming from an MJ fan :p.

Janet's last album was pretty good though and "Discipline" wasn't all about sex, so I don't know why people keep saying that.

That's an ironic statement to make coming from an MJ fan :p.

Janet's last album was pretty good though and "Discipline" wasn't all about sex, so I don't know why people keep saying that.

Michael has a maturity to him, though. He's not completely childlike - he's a 50 year old man who's a child at heart. His songs have more meaning to them than just sex; he writes about world issues, racial divides, etc. Janet's songs up to The Velvet Rope used to have a lot of meaning to them, but not anymore.

Michael has a maturity to him, though. He's not completely childlike - he's a 50 year old man who's a child at heart. His songs have more meaning to them than just sex; he writes about world issues, racial divides, etc. Janet's songs up to The Velvet Rope used to have a lot of meaning to them, but not anymore.

Fair enough, but I wasn't really referring to MJ's music when I made that comment. Anyhow, I think "Discpline" is a good dance record and it should have done better than it did. I think the whole "oh she sings about sex too much" line is just getting old. As I said before most of the songs on "Discipline" are not about sex but sometimes artists don't feel like singing about deep or profound issues and just want to make a fun, light record and i'm guessing that was the case with Janet. Discpline" is just a fun album for the most part that you can chill out and dance too. Like you pointed out, a lot of Janet's past music has touched on important isses, so I don't see the problem with her not singing about such serious issues anymore. As long as the music is good that's all that matters because it's obvious Janet is in a different place in her life now.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I wasn't really referring to MJ's music when I made that comment. Anyhow, I think "Discpline" is a good dance record and it should have done better than it did. I think the whole "oh she sings about sex too much" line is just getting old. As I said before most of the songs on "Discipline" are not about sex but sometimes artists don't feel like singing about deep or profound issues and just want to make a fun, light record and i'm guessing that was the case with Janet. Discpline" is just a fun album for the most part that you can chill out and dance too. Like you pointed out, a lot of Janet's past music has touched on important isses, so I don't see the problem with her not singing about such serious issues anymore. As long as the music is good that's all that matters because it's obvious Janet is in a different place in her life now.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I'm not fond of the direction Janet's taking with her new music, but I guess I'll always have her older albums to appreciate. :)

Last edited:
^^^^

Fair enough. I prefer her older music as well btw, but I can appreciate the new stuff too.

its just that the lable is Dubm!!! I mean, why wont they let her release a song that she wants...i might not understand the Music business but thats just mean!!!
It's always been "mean". Ask a old musician, who's forced to do "oldies" shows, because they weren't paid. Bruce Springsteen paid for Mary Wells medical bills when she was sick and so on.

The problem with your line of argument about artists making certain type of music, is that other people are investing money in that artist product and they want they money back and interest as reward, If the music isn't selling, the investers lose their money, not the artist. If Janet music isn't selling, then the record compamny will not put money into it if they feel that they are going to lose. This is what is happening with Janet right now. Her music just isn't selling, no matter how good it is. She has a serious image problem.

I think "Rock With U" is a great song. Better than Feedback. Dunno why JJ is not as big as she used to be...

For shame, though. She has some great songs.

And IMO, Velvet Rope is her best album. I am not a fan, but still, I love that album. And All For You is a good album too I think...

Janet Janet Janet, girl sometimes you and your brother, are your own worst enemies.
Those humans standing in your way, they are only men. You simply need to handle ya bidnizz sweets. If you work that man correctly and in the right spot ;) , he is putty. They are toys, push the right buttons and they will do everything you desire. Forget the dominatrix act, start cracking the whip for real.

Last edited:
If the music isn't selling, the investers lose their money, not the artist. If Janet music isn't selling, then the record compamny will not put money into it if they feel that they are going to lose. This is what is happening with Janet right now. Her music just isn't selling, no matter how good it is. She has a serious image problem.

How can they make their money back if they're not promoting the woman? To sell albums, you need strong backing. It's not like Feedback came out and immediately tanked. The song had great buzz, the album was got good reviews, and the song did extremely well on itunes, but unlike Mariah, who's new stuff didn't get any better reviews Janet and Madonna's new stuff, Janet didn't have the strong over the top backing and radio support that Mariah had, so of course her album didn't do that well.

How can they make their money back if they're not promoting the woman? To sell albums, you need strong backing. It's not like Feedback came out and immediately tanked. The song had great buzz, the album was got good reviews, and the song did extremely well on itunes, but unlike Mariah, who's new stuff didn't get any better reviews Janet and Madonna's new stuff, Janet didn't have the strong over the top backing and radio support that Mariah had, so of course her album didn't do that well.
You got a good and valid point. However, where Madonna and Mariah excelled and Janet faltered were on the international scene. The statistics shows that Janet didn't do well overseas so the US market wasn't enoough to see her through. It is all politics. Who knows what the real problem is. I still think that for Janet, it's image, but who knows. we are all guessing.

I think "Rock With U" is a great song. Better than Feedback. Dunno why JJ is not as big as she used to be...
After that incident with Justin Timberlake, she's sort of been blacklisted. A lot of stations got FCC fines, and it was all blamed on her. The albums before that happened were really successful.

After that incident with Justin Timberlake, she's sort of been blacklisted. A lot of stations got FCC fines, and it was all blamed on her. The albums before that happened were really successful.

and Justin got none of the blame at all

I agree, after the Superbowl thing things have gone downhill for her and it's quite outrageous. Feedback IS a great song, much better than Madonna's 4 Minutes but for some reason people just won't accept Janet. The video was crap though...

I think you're right in some point, but well, imho, I think that she used to have fun light records in past too. At least since the Janet album. Actually I'd say that this album, was a light fun record that had a lot of sex in it, AND it was loved much more than what she does now. And I also think that she menaged to talk about important issues and have fun in the same time. Why can't she do this no more? I know I know she does what she wants, and that's fine, but people just miss the good old Janet, when she actually had something to say. Like back in TVR. It just seems that afterward she ran out of ideas, for an album.

Fair enough, but I wasn't really referring to MJ's music when I made that comment.

So what were you referring to then ?? mj has already TWO very mature albums History and Dangerous
If you talk about his behaviour on everyday , apparently that doesnt realy affect the matury of his music .

I dont know why the Jante' fans feel always the need to attak MJ when some criticize janet on the janet section . We are talking about janet , her music , her strategy ,why do you name michael in the same sentence ????do you think its a good strategy to prevent mj's fans to critisize janet ??? maybe because you have no arguments for janet and only janet .lol

Back