Janet staring in reality show for MTV!

daphnieas

Proud Member
Don't know what to make of this, don't really know if it's just another rumour so I'll let ya decide.
And if it's already posted, sorry to waste ur time.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117987717.html?categoryId=16&cs=1

[size=+2]Janet Jackson keeps it real for MTV[/size]
Singer developing music competition with 25/7
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Janet Jackson is getting into the reality TV business, developing a music competition with 25/7 Prods. for MTV.
Untitled project, which has already started casting, will feature Jackson as she mentors a group of aspiring singers and dancers. Project will be shot in the coming months as Jackson prepares for her world tour, which launches on Sept. 10.

"It's really about finding who's the next Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake or Usher," said exec producer Dave Broome. "And we'll find it from a pool of people who you wouldn't typically find it from. We'll go to YMCAs, church groups, local community centers and try to cast the show."

Show will also take place in various street locales, rather than on a studio soundstage. Producers are still ironing out the prize - but it could potentially relate to Jackson's tour.

Deal also reps the latest chapter in the recent turbulent relationship between the channel and Jackson. MTV produced the infamous Super Bowl halftime show that featured Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction." After that, fans accused MTV of blackballing the singer from the channel.

But Jackson has been seen more often on MTV lately, having appeared on TRL to promote her latest CD in February. She also starred in a series of shorts spoofing MTV series like "The Real World" as part of MTV's "52 Artists/52 Weeks Total MTV Takeover."

Broome's credits include "The Biggest Loser," "The Radio Music Awards" and NBC's Tsunami benefit.

Gil Duldulao and Jackson are behind the show's concept; Jackson, Duldulao, Broome, Kenneth Crear and Johnny Wright are all exec prodcers.

ummm! Not sure how to take it either.. Not that I'm against the reality show thing, but the way it is, is too simular to other shows that other artists like P. Diddy and Jlo have done..

They never turned out well..

Well she needs 2 do somethin lol..maybe her sails will increase

and it does have that makin the band feel 2 it..and lol @ finding the next usher and JT..retards

Last edited:
ummm! Not sure how to take it either.. Not that I'm against the reality show thing, but the way it is, is too simular to other shows that other artists like P. Diddy and Jlo have done..

They never turned out well..

Huh? Diddy's show was successful

They don't even show her (any) music video's and now she'll do a show? And why does MTV need a new Usher or Timberlake if they do not show music video's any more? Even if the show will be a success (I would watch it..), no matter how talented the new artist they find may be - he/she is just a product of MTV.
No chance, they will not show one music video of that new wannabe.

yes diddys show has been successful for 2 seasons but the 2nd group day 26 hasn't done so well as far as record sales...and why couldn't janet just say she's trying to find the next big thing...there's already a new JT and Usher his name is Chris Brown...the new Janet is Ciara...I guess she didn't mean anything by it though

Last edited:
I don't consider Diddy's show successfull.. It took how many seasons to get a group launched?? And still we don't know if DK will be a short live wonder like Diddy's 'O'Town.' we'll have to see..

Ratings for 'Making The Band' was never high.. It got enough to continue seasons, but not enough to get recognition in a big way..

when I think of successful in the terms of a show.. I think highly help a career.. Diddy's old music and his clothingline sean john keeps him in the game in a much higher rate than his show.

Last edited:
I don't consider Diddy's show successfull.. It took how many seasons to get a group launched?? And still we don't know if DK will be a short live wonder like Diddy's 'O'Town.' we'll have to see..

Ratings for 'Making The Band' was never high.. It got enough to continue seasons, but not enough to get recognition in a big way..

when I think of successful in the terms of a show.. I think highly help a career.. Diddy's old music and his clothingline sean john keeps him in the game in a much higher rate than his show.

Danity Kane have done pretty well. I'd say "Making The Band" was a success.

O-town wasn't his groups it was Lou Pearlman's his groups was Dream and the others after.....and they're no longer around...I don't know why people ever enter reality shows anymore.....Danity Kane is the only group that has a lot of devoted fans..but that being said I hope Janet's show and the winner can be a success....

I saw this on My MYSPACE Page from Janet's MYSPACE Bulletin. I'm trying to get my Daughter to do this. It's right up her alley and She Not only looks like her alittle bit, She also sings and Laughs and Dances like her too. but that decision in up to her. Everyone Calls her Janet and I call her Justice after the movie Poetic Justice. Well if it's really true I know the show will be Great and a great Challenge for all who want to be on stage with Janet or win whatever prize that they are offering.

Back