Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Because he's a gifted singer, each song sounds different.

After hearing the love songs on the "Invincible" CD, did you notice how different his voice sounds in "One More Chance?" He recorded it right when he was starting to perk up.

Listen to the first part of "One More Chance." He sounds very sexy while he's singing, "Can't go on without you by my side." Enticing.
:yes:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: ....Sorry...That part just cracked me up...I can't write here WHY....you gotta figure that one out yourself!! :lmao: *can't stop laughing* OMG...! :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: (Don't mind me...I just have a too "active imagination"....:toofunny:)

I love the part where he practically "yells" out "TELL HER THIS FOR MEEEEEEEEE"....Aaawww! :wub:

AllforMJ can you give us your interpretation of the part I pointed out Sunday from the original poem "Planet Earth"?(it can be found in the Invincible booklet).
As pointed out in this thread, I too have noticed how in songs Michael cries or is very choked up/Emotional.
If my Memory is at all accurate, he is this way in at least 3 songs? Has anyone noticed that too?

He's crying during a lot of songs...Don't Walk Away...Speechless...Who Is It...Be Not Always...She's Out Of my Life...

Last edited:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny:....Sorry...That part just cracked me up...I can't write here WHY....you gotta figure that one out yourself" :lmao: *can't stop laughing* OMG...! :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: (Don't mind me...I just have a too "active imagination"....:toofunny:)
:huh: :lol: :lol:

Alrighty then...

Summer, sorry I didn't amke my post clear. I meant; he cried or was very emotional alot on the INVINCIBLE
cd?, Don't ya think?, Seemed more so than any other "one"(album or cd).

:huh: :lol: :lol:

Alrighty then...

I take it you didn't get it...:lol: I'm sorry....I just can't explain it on here!! :toofunny: Forget I said anything!! :lmao: Let's just say that some things can be interpreted more than one way...:toofunny: :toofunny:

I know...:imbad

:lmao:

Summer, sorry I didn't amke my post clear. I meant; he cried or was very emotional alot on the INVINCIBLE
cd?, Don't ya think?, Seemed more so than any other "one"(album or cd).

Ah, okay...now I get it! :lol: If he was crying more on Invincible than on the other albums....Hmmm....I don't know...:scratch:But I guess there were more what you'd call "love songs" or "relationship songs" on that album than on the previous ones...

AllforMJ can you give us your interpretation of the part I pointed out Sunday from the original poem "Planet Earth"?(it can be found in the Invincible booklet).
As pointed out in this thread, I too have noticed how in songs Michael cries or is very choked up/Emotional.
If my Memory is at all accurate, he is this way in at least 3 songs? Has anyone noticed that too?
Can you post it or tell me where I can find it online? I'm not at home right now. Also, did he write it?

PLANET EARTH

Planet Earth, my home, my place
A capricious anomaly in the sea of space
Planet Earth, are you just
Floating by, a cloud of dust
A minor globe, about to bust
A piece of metal bound to rust
A speck of matter in a mindless void
A lonely spaceship, a large asteroid
Cold as a rock without a hue
Held together with a bit of glue
Something tells me this isn’t true
You are my sweetheart, soft and blue
Do you care, have you a part
In the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes, caressing and whole
Alive with music, haunting my soul.

In my veins I’ve felt the mystery
Of corridors of time, books of history
Life songs of ages throbbing in my blood
Have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood
Your misty clouds, your electric storm
Were turbulent tempests in my own form
I’ve licked the salt, the bitter, the sweet
Of every encounter, of passion, of heatY
our riotous color, your fragrance, your taste
Have thrilled my senses beyond all haste
In your beauty I’ve known the how
Of timeless bliss, this moment of now.

Planet Earth, are you just
Floating by, a cloud of dust
A minor globe, about to bust
A piece of metal bound to rust
A speck of matter in a mindless void
A lonely spaceship, a large asteroid
Cold as a rock without a hue
Held together with a bit of glue
Something tells me this isn’t true
You are my sweetheart, soft and blue
Do you care, have you a part
In the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes, caressing and whole
Alive with music, haunting my soul.

Planet Earth, gentle and blue
With all my heart, I love you.

©1992 Michael Joseph Jackson - Dancing The Dream

Last edited:
Can you post it or tell me where I can find it online? I'm not at home right now. Also, did he write it?

Yes, Michael wrote it himself, it's towards the end of the "dangerous" booklet. The part in question is:

You are my sweetheart soft and blue
Do you are, have you a part
in the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes caressing and whole
Alive with Music, haunting my soul

This makes more sense to me now than ever before. It seemed very odd to me in the past being placed in a poem supposedly about our planet.

Ah, okay...now I get it! :lol: If he was crying more on Invincible than on the other albums....Hmmm....I don't know...:scratch:But I guess there were more what you'd call "love songs" or "relationship songs" on that album than on the previous ones...

I've noticed that too.

Actually....now that I was reading the poems in Dancing The Dream again....I noticed something.

Think about the Speechless lyrics...and especially the part AllForMJ mentioned "When I'm with you I'm in a light where I cannot be found...it's as though I'm standing in a place called hallowd ground"...

And now read his poem "Two Birds"....Somehow that song and that poem seem to go together, don't you think? And actually I think I can understand both the song and the poem...AND MICHAEL even better now...See, this thread is opening my eyes...:lol: Anyways, here's "Two Birds" for you to read. I've always loved that poem for some reason. :)

TWO BIRDS

It’s hard to tell them what I feel for you. They haven’t ever met you, and no one has your picture. So how can they ever understand your mystery?

Let’s give them a clue: Two birds sit in a tree. One eats cherries, while the other looks on. Two birds fly through the air. One’s song drops like crystal from the sky while the other keeps silent. Two birds wheel in the sun. One catches the light on its silver feathers, while the other spreads wings of invisibility.

It’s easy to guess which bird I am, but they’ll never find you. Unless...Unless they already know a love that never interferes, that watches from beyond, that breathes free in the invisible air.

Sweet bird, my soul, your silence is so precious. How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?

Oh, that is a day I hunger for!

© 1992 Michael Joseph Jackson - Dancing The Dream

Last edited:
^^ that's wonderful. I wish I had the booklet to the Dnagerous album so i could read it!

^^ that's wonderful. I wish I had the booklet to the Dnagerous album so i could read it!

Oh...the poems are from his book Dancing The Dream! :) Great book! :) Has really cute pictures of Micahel in it too and great drawings. Really worth getting.

I think my FAVORITE picture of Michael in that book has got to be the one where he is sitting down, leaning against a mirror and he is wearing a blue shirt and black pants, he has his black fedora on and he is wearing a red t-shirt underneath...I just totally LOVE that picture for some reason. :wub: And there is another one where he is wearing the same outfit and he is kind of pulling his shoulders up and grinning....he looks SOOOO CUTE!!! :wub: You have GOT to buy that book! :yes:

Let me see if I can find the pic...I'll scan it. :)

Last edited:
Oh...the poems are from his book Dancing The Dream! :) Great book! :) Has really cute pictures of Micahel in it too and great drawings. Really worth getting.

I think my FAVORITE picture of Michael in that book has got to be the one wher he is sitting down, leaning against a mirror and he is wearing a blue shirt and black pants, he has his black fedora on and he is wearing a red t-shirt underneath...I just totally LOVE that picture for some reason. :wub: And there is another one where he is wearing the same outfit and he is kind of pulling his shoulders up and grinning....he looks SOOOO CUTE!!! :wub: You have GOT to buy that book! :yes:

Let me se if I can find the pic...I'll scan it. :)

Oh Thanks Very much Summer.. now i have got to get it!!:)I could probably order it online right??..well thanks. carry on lol

p.s.- hahaha I bet he does look so cute :) :wub:

Last edited:
You know, art is interesting becuz its interpretation depends on each individual's perception. It's a bit interesting to see you all take certain songs and string them together to weave this romantic story. And I think the Speechless bit can be interpreted to seem somewhat "dark/sad", however, for me, the song comes across as something representing joy....unbridled joy and bliss...to the point of having a religious experience. When I hear him sing about being in the light and standing on hallowed ground I hear someone who is happy to nth degree. He's so happy that he feels as if he's in heaven, surrounded by light....or actually becoming the light and can't be found (in human form). Light, for me is always a good thing. It's a sign of goodness, heavenliness, and warmth.....pure love. Now, whether that state of being comes from reveling in the joy of a romantic partner or just feeling the joy of a carefree waterfight, I think it can go both ways, but I see the song as being one of major bliss....so blissful that he's speechless. He can't find the words to express how happy and lucky he feels at that moment. And the cracking in his voice at the end gives the impression that he's emotional, but in way that would probably make him cry tears of joy and, not necessarily sorrow.

When he says "though I'm with you, I am far away" again, it sounds like bliss to me. His head is practically in the clouds with joy. It reminds me of those cartoons when the guy is in love with a girl and whenever she's around he lifts off into the air with little hearts coming out of his chest. He's so full of love that he feels lifted into another state of being, altho his feet really haven't left the ground and she's still right there in front of him. Or it reminds me of the phrase "burst your bubble" as when someone is so happy that they feel as if they're in a bubble, floating free and weightless off the ground, until someone bursts that bubble and brings them crashing back to earth. The song sounds like someone who is in a state of bliss...at least for me.

But I can totally see how it can be interpreted as something sad.

It's an interesting thread. I'd take a crack at some of the other songs posted but I don't want to get too involved in this thread as I might not be able to keep up with it. In fact, I prolly shouldn't be posting this. :lol: I just felt compelled to show how Speechless can also have a bright side. The only sadness I see in the song is the idea that Michael probably hasn't had enough of those moments in his life as he probably should have (other than his children). Hopefully, this mystery lady will bring, or rather, continue to bring that kind of light into his life. :flowers:

Last edited:
I've decided to remove what I had posted because it may be a bit too much for some, plus it changes the spirit of the thread.

Yes, Michael wrote it himself, it's towards the end of the "dangerous" booklet. The part in question is:

This makes more sense to me now than ever before. It seemed very odd to me in the past being placed in a poem supposedly about our planet.
So, to answer the question about this part of MJ's "Planet Earth" poem...

He's simply speaking of his love for the earth. I think because life occurs over and over on earth, he views the earth as a female. He would only refer to a female as soft and to him the earth is a female that constantly gives life.

If you would just listen to the sound of the earth alone...without the sound of automobiles...people...all the activity that goes on from daily living...and just listen to the earth, it makes sounds. Very peaceful sounds.

Last edited:
Oh Thanks Very much Summer.. now i have got to get it!!:)I could probably order it online right??..well thanks. carry on lol

p.s.- hahaha I bet he does look so cute :) :wub:

You're welcome. :) Yeah, I think you can probably order it from Amazon.com or something. :)

This is the pic I ment. I just think he looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! :wub: Those EYES!!! :stretcher: :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: And somehow it's such a "candid" pic...I guess that's why I like it too. It's not him posing...it hasn't been airbrushed and photoshopped to death....It kind of looks like a "snapshot" in a way...very natural. LOVE it. :wub::wub:

mjdtd1116bo6.jpg

There are other pics I love a lot too....

Makes you wanna walk right up to him and bend down and HUG him when you seee him like that, doesn't it :boohoo: :

mjdtd2117tv8.jpg

That SMILE! :wub:

mjdtd3118wt7.jpg

And I absolutely ADORE this photo too....Always have. You know, MJ is so great with kids and I always knew he is going to be a GREAT father one day. So the pic is kind of like a "father-son" type of thing...you know...Michael teaching a child. Be it life lessons, or dancing, or whatever....I mean, the pic was taken on stage...but to me the point is in MJ being the "father figure" teaching a child. So lovely. :wub: Just melts your heart. :wub:
mjdtd4119mx7.jpg

Okay...one more and then I'm done. :lol: Another pic I love....I don't know why...Maybe it's the blanket around him that does it, that makes you wanna go hug him too...Or because the pic is just so "natural"...like it's just Michael being Michael without the entourage and all....There's just something about it why I love it. I can't really explain it. But just wanted to share. :)

mjdtd5120rr8.jpg

Okay...I'm done now. :lol: Sorry...I guess I got a bit off topic. Bare with me! :lol: (Pr someone please try to intergrate the pics into the thread to make me look good! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:)

Last edited:
You're welcome. :) Yeah, I think you can probably order it from Amazon.com or something. :)

This is the pic I ment. I just think he looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! :wub: Those EYES!!! :stretcher: :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: And somehow it's such a "candid" pic...I guess that's why I like it too. It's not him posing...it hasn't been airbrushed and photoshopped to death....It kind of looks like a "snapshot" in a way...very natural. LOVE it. :wub::wub:

mjdtd1116bo6.jpg

There are other pics I love a lot too....

Makes you wanna walk right up to him and bend down and HUG him when you seee him like that, doesn't it :boohoo: :

mjdtd2117tv8.jpg

That SMILE! :wub:

mjdtd3118wt7.jpg

And I absolutely ADORE this photo too....Always have. You know, MJ is so great with kids and I always knew he is going to be a GREAT father one day. So the pic is kind of like a "father-son" type of thing...you know...Michael teaching a child. Be it life lessons, or dancing, or whatever....I mean, the pic was taken on stage...but to me the point is in MJ being the "father figure" teaching a child. So lovely. :wub: Just melts your heart. :wub:
mjdtd4119mx7.jpg

Okay...one more and then I'm done. :lol: Another pic I love....I don't know why...Maybe it's the blanket around him that does it, that makes you wanna go hug him too...Or because the pic is just so "natural"...like it's just Michael being Michael without the entourage and all....There's just something about it why I love it. I can't really explain it. But just wanted to share. :)

mjdtd5120rr8.jpg

Okay...I'm done now. :lol: Sorry...I guess I got a bit off topic. Bare with me! :lol: (Pr someone please try to intergrate the pics into the thread to make me look good! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:)

Thanks for sharing Summer!!!Yes I makes me want to bend over and hug him in the secind picture I believe!:p aww and the pic. with him and that boy is very cute, yes it reminds me of a father and son bond .. awww :)

You know, art is interesting becuz its interpretation depends on each individual's perception. It's a bit interesting to see you all take certain songs and string them together to weave this romantic story. And I think the Speechless bit can be interpreted to seem somewhat "dark/sad", however, for me, the song comes across as something representing joy....unbridled joy and bliss...to the point of having a religious experience. When I hear him sing about being in the light and standing on hallowed ground I hear someone who is happy to nth degree. He's so happy that he feels as if he's in heaven, surrounded by light....or actually becoming the light and can't be found (in human form). Light, for me is always a good thing. It's a sign of goodness, heavenliness, and warmth.....pure love. Now, whether that state of being comes from reveling in the joy of a romantic partner or just feeling the joy of a carefree waterfight, I think it can go both ways, but I see the song as being one of major bliss....so blissful that he's speechless. He can't find the words to express how happy and lucky he feels at that moment. And the cracking in his voice at the end gives the impression that he's emotional, but in way that would probably make him cry tears of joy and, not necessarily sorrow.

When he says "though I'm with you, I am far away" again, it sounds like bliss to me. His head is practically in the clouds with joy. It reminds me of those cartoons when the guy is in love with a girl and whenever she's around he lifts off into the air with little hearts coming out of his chest. He's so full of love that he feels lifted into another state of being, altho his feet really haven't left the ground and she's still right there in front of him. Or it reminds me of the phrase "burst your bubble" as when someone is so happy that they feel as if they're in a bubble, floating free and weightless off the ground, until someone bursts that bubble and brings them crashing back to earth. The song sounds like someone who is in a state of bliss...at least for me.

It's an interesting thread. I'd take a crack at some of the other songs posted but I don't want to get too involved in this thread as I might not be able to keep up with it. In fact, I prolly shouldn't be posting this. :lol: I just felt compelled to show how Speechless can also have a bright side. The only sadness I see in the song is the idea that Michael probably hasn't had enough of those moments in his life as he probably should have (other than his children). Hopefully, this mystery lady will bring, or rather, continue to bring that kind of light into his life. :flowers:

Great observations Wendy and thanks for sharing! :) When I first heard Speechless...and still years later too...I was thinking the part about "being in a light whre he cannot be found" and the "hallowed ground" part was something "spiritual"...something to do with God and all that. But I never really understood how that would go with the rest of the song. That part always kind of "irritated" me, because I just couldn't really figure out what Michael meant with it. It wasn't until recently...like maybe a year or two ago... that I saw it in another way...you know, it maybe being "metaphoric" to his "superstardom" and feeling "isolated" and "out of reach" because of it. But then again..Michael is the only person who knows how he meant...and he may never tell. :scratch::lol: (MIKE...can't ya come to the board and help us out!!:fortuneteller: :clapping: :lol: Pleeeease! :angel::lol:)

It would be very nice if someone could ask him about "Speechless."

Hey, if any of you run into him, you should ask him.

Last edited:
It would be very nice if someone could ask him about "Speechless."

Hey, if any of you run into him, you should ask him.

Okay..lemme call him...

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Someone could ask him....but if it's personal, I doubt he'd ever tell. Sort of like when he was asked about Speechless and he gave two different explanations on what inspired him. :lol: For some reason I'm not really convinced he was telling the 100% truth. ;D :lol: (Sorry Mike...:lol:)

Last edited:
Okay..lemme call him...

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone could ask him....but if it's personal, I doubt he'd ever tell. Sort of like when he was asked about Speechless and he gave two different explanations on what inspired him. :lol: For some reason I'm not really convinced he was telling the 100% truth. ;D :lol: (Sorry Mike...:lol:)
]

:lmao::hysterical: you're so funny Summer...did you ask MJ yet??lol j/k . I like reading your posts Summer. I can't get enough!:)

]

:lmao::hysterical: you're so funny Summer...did you ask MJ yet??lol j/k . I like reading your posts Summer. I can't get enough!:)

:lol: Aaaaw, thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying my posts.

And yeah...Of course I asked Michael! Me and Mike are having a conversation about all this right now...but it's not so easy because we are both so SPEECHLESS...so...it's not really getting anywhere. :mello:

*silence*

*summer dies laughing*

(I hope someone else got that joke too so that I'm not the only one laughing at my OWN joke. :lmao: Get it...having a convo when you are "speechless"...and can't speak. :lmao: :lmao: You know, since we were talking about Speechless...the song. :lmao: I hope SOMEONE gets what I mean so that I won't end up looking like a nut! :toofunny:)

Last edited:
^^ your welcome...I'm not suprised you guys are SPEECHLESS!!hehehe well tell him we say hi( Just kidding!!!! ... :hysterical::lmao::lmao:

I peeked in this thread when I was able and saw I wanted to say something about speechless because I saw it differently, but you got it all right there Wendy.

I also hear sadness in his voice in "One More Chance", a desperation. Like oh Goddddd what now? This is too much, just give me one more chance,.... maybe.. hmmm... maybe when this trial came up he had to let her go so he could focus on the trial? And he wants to know that she will give him one more chance when it is over. That he will do anything, just let her know I need one more chance. ...maybe? Or maybe she already had gone, or maybe he let her go before and she left... and then he really needed one more chance with her, especially after all he was going to be going through.

Summer that was hilarious. I could picture you saying it.

Last edited:
^^ your welcome...I'm not suprised you guys are SPEECHLESS!!hehehe well tell him we say hi( Just kidding!!!! ... :hysterical::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: Yeah...I'm not suprised either. Mostly because MJ would probably be like "Gosh, I don't get a word she's saying...and she just keeps LAUGHING the whole time...she's so dumb, I'm SPEECHLESS!" *MJ staring at summer in disbelief* :no: :lol:

And I'd probably just have to take one look at his EYES and I'd be completely MESMERIZED and unable to move and would end up staring at him completely SPEECHLESS! :lmao: :lmao:

MJ says hi back (I'm sure...:lmao:). :cheeky: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
^^woooooooo :clap: nice Ape....very nice!!

Last edited:
I peeked in this thread when I was able and saw I wanted to say something about speechless because I saw it differently, but you got it all right there Wendy.

I also hear sadness in his voice in "One More Chance", a desperation. Like oh Goddddd what now? This is too much, just give me one more chance,.... maybe.. hmmm... maybe when this trial came up he had to let her go so he could focus on the trial? And he wants to know that she will give him one more chance when it is over. That he will do anything, just let her know I need one more chance. ...maybe? Or maybe she already had gone, or maybe he let her go before and she left... and then he really needed one more chance with her, especially after all he was going to be going through.

Summer that was hilarious. I could picture you saying it.

Nice thoughts Ape! :) Who knows...anything's possible. Sounds good to me! :yes: I first thought the song was about LMP when I first heard it, but then when you hear him sing about "searching for her" and all that, it could be about someone else too. Like I said...anything's possible. :)

And yeah...I'm a clown...:lol: I'm always laughing and joking around. Cant help it... (if I wanted to..wouldn't help it...even if I could...:lmao:). What can I say...I just have an "active mind". :lmao:

^^ wow I thought that song was also about LMP, but now i also think its about someonelse. :lmao: I need to pay more attention to his songs... my mind is too wild...

Back