Janet ~ One More Chance

DuranDuran

Proud Member
I have this deluxe version of the Janet album which I bought when the album was released. She remade this track from Victory which was on this version of the album. I'm surprised someone put this on youtube. I thought it was little known.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAblg9oLkzw

i first came across this b-side on MjTunes radio some time ago. greatness from Randy and this take's not bad either.

Wow, thanks for that. I've never heard it before.

*Makes me miss the Janet of yester-year :(

Last edited:
I prefer Randy's version, but Janet's is great too. Eventhough she may not have the strongest voice I really like her singing these types of songs. I've always said that Janet should make an entire album filled with slow jams/quiet storm type music.

If anyone is interested, the deluxe Janet is a double CD in a book like cover. It has some pictures of Janet. In addition to the regular album, there is a 2nd disc with remixes and foreign language versions. The listing is:

1. That's The Way Love Goes/If (this was from a MTV show)
2. That's The Way Love Goes - We Aimsta Win Mix
3. Again - French Version
4. If - Brothers In Rhythm Swing Yo Pants Mix
5. One More Chance
6. That's The Way Love Goes - CJ Mackintosh R&B Mix
7. If - Todd Terry Janet's Jeep Mix
8. Again - Piano/Vocal

http://www.discogs.com/release/1273251

cool, just found it floating on SoulSeek ripped at 320kbps
f_smiley.gif

I have this on the U.S. "If" CD Single. Excellent track.

is this song on the deisgn of a decade special edition. sure i have it on there

pretty sweet - too bad janet doesnt get the radio plays she deserves

Last edited:
don't like this song. it sounds like just another jam and lewis creation..same ol sound...unfortunately, the sound is the 'star' more than Janet. i keep looking for the first jam and lewis song or sounding song that is different. and i can't find it.

sounds like just another jam and lewis creation..same ol sound...unfortunately, the sound is the 'star' more than Janet. i keep looking for the first jam and lewis song or sounding song that is different. and i can't find it.
in what way? Jam had some of the most versatile sounds around through the years, while retaining the old-school funk.

i realize that duran..as i said..jam and lewis sounding as well as jam and lewis. and to arxter...they don't sound versatile to me. i can't tell only human from this song from alexander oneil..which is just a sped up version when you hear 'fake'.

Last edited:
jam and lewis sounding as well as jam and lewis. and to arxter...they don't sound versatile to me. i can't tell only human from this song from alexander oneil..which is just a sped up version when you hear 'fake'.
I disagree, now most of Babyface's stuff sounds alike, especially colabs with L.A. Reid.

^ yeah, that's a good comparison.

one of the things i admire about Jam & Lewis is that they heavily involve their artists in not only the writing but the production and crafting of the whole track - this is one big source of their versatility and an old-school definition of a producer that's apparently lost in today's music.

another source comes from the fact that they're just as dedicated to their remixes (of their own material) as they are to the original track. and you compare the two, of any song, and tell me they sound alike
f_winkeye.gif

If anyone has the song.. upload it over there on the 2000 Watts forum.. Thanks.

I LOVE the original! Randy's "One More chance" blows my mind! Jantet's rendition is great too. "One More Chance" is one of the best tracks off Victory IMO.

Back