The Over Zealous fan who has gone on the Attack of You?

Moddie777

Proud Member
We have all had the experience with the over zealous fan who has gone on the attack of our opinion or we have seen it unfold before our very eyes with others as we are online participating in forum discussions. You know what I mean, the fan who wants the opinion of the thread to always go their way and when it doesn't they throw a tantrum or go on the attack with aggression and sometimes unfair cruelty.

This is where you can share your stories and helpful advice on how to better handle this in the future should it occur. It can be really intimidating for many fans.

Please, let us not get into naming names thus creating a hostile and exclusive community.

Facts. You can't go wrong with the facts. If you know and have the facts or some sort of proof to back up your opinion, it's easier to shut them down. However, if everyone is simply going on "blind" opinion (meaning facts and proof is hard to come by so everyone is going mainly on "possibilities"), you just have to agree to disagree.

As for the cruelty part, I'm a bad girl so normally I just strike back in an equally cruel manner :devil: ....BUT I'm learning to be bigger than that by simply sticking to my valid points (backed up by any facts or tangible proof I may have) and categorically pointing out the parts of the opposing opinion that may be obviously invalid or based on less facts. Generally, the person with the most facts making the most sense has the upper hand. LOL As long as you're that person you can't possibly go wrong nor do I think you could feel intimidated, imo. Good luck! :flowers:

Great point about "facts" wendy, however, there are so many threads not based on facts but upon what one may like or dislike. Sometimes, just a point of view is asked and when its openly given and a fan take issue with it, I have seen for myself how the over zealousness can began.
I have seen profanities and vulgarities tossed at fans from other fans when their comments
varied from one another. I have seen fans bully and intimidate eachother, I have seen fans harrass eachother. I have even been witness to fans creating stories based on inflamatory lies and made up accusations against other fans just to get them "banned" from a forum when the fan who made up the lies were clearly envious and jealous of the other fan(s).

Its really scary and very sad, what some will do in this community to stand out among the rest and be seen.

I left the online fan community for a longtime because of many of the things, I just listed.
My love for Michael never wavered during that time.

Facts. You can't go wrong with the facts. If you know and have the facts or some sort of proof to back up your opinion, it's easier to shut them down. However, if everyone is simply going on "blind" opinion (meaning facts and proof is hard to come by so everyone is going mainly on "possibilities"), you just have to agree to disagree.
:

Girl, you just summed up what I always say!! LOL Facts are hardcore! No need to argue with plain, RIGHT IN YO FACE, written in BLACK ink facts!!!

yeah it does happen , and we have all witnessed it. It's ridiculous when this crap happens.....:no:

Last edited:
I've seen it happen too. Unfortunately you can tell there's a lot of animosity between some members on the board. Facts are a good thing to use. If someone is really attacking you (on this board at least) you could always just block them.

Yep! MJbabe21 you are soooooooooo right! It does happen and we all have seen it over and over again. Truth be told, its happening right here somewhere on this forum.

^^ so true!!I don't even know why there is so much animosity. Everyone has a right to there own opinions, there is no need to attack one another ughh.

Yep! MJbabe21 you are soooooooooo right! It does happen and we all have seen it over and over again. Truth be told, its happening right here somewhere on this forum.

ohhhh i believe it alright!!it's just stupid too!

Last edited:
Attacks, animosity, Over zealousness and jealousy Between fans have been the down fall of many great threads and forums to be closed. Fighting, name calling and attacks cause hard feelings which in the end creates division. Something we can do without in out beloved MJ fan community.

^^ right on raisa...you said it :D.. its irritating when people want to be right.

TRUE....but why?its just ludicrous .

Sometimes the problem can be quickly fixed with "Moderation" of that particular board. Often are the times that our different personalities simply clash. Some people are just more stronger in their language and far more boisterous than others. Then there are those fans who get a kick out of intimidating and causing arguments and fights with others, they seem to thrive off of the attention. I have seen fans hop from forum to forum going into specific threads and targeting fans of whom they don't like for whatever the reason( usually the reason is jealousy), and getting things started by baiting unsuspecting fans with purposely made up & controversial comments. They know this will cause hard feelings and divsion, and thats why "they" do it.

Yeah..its crazy too. haha why can't people just all get along?lol..

Yeah - I so agree Moddie777!!! I have been hurt a lady on this forum. But I won't name names. I just rose above it and carrried on.

Pity some people have to be so self important and need to be better than others by making silly or nasty remarks on this forum. You would think the person was a hater even though they were an MJ fan.

I didn't retort but just moved on.

this is the reason when I am less and less active on this forum. My opinions and views have been attacked time and again and Ive been told told to shut up cos I annoy certain members!!! It says it all really, that Ive been a member since 2003, yet my post count is only around 250!! There are many threads on mjjc that I would like to contribute to, both with my opinion and views or with the answers to a question being asked but I just cant be bothered anymore. Why should I share my 25 years knowlege and experience with people who are ungratfeul, and downright rude??? I come here becuse Michael is part of my life and I love him with all my heart and soul, not to be attacked and made to feel like I shouldnt be here!

We should try to be like family (if we can ),i always see the title MJJCOMMUNITY . as "unity"
:flowers: huggs to you all .

Yeah..its crazy too. haha why can't people just all get along?lol..

ye i always ask myself the same question. Just jealousy I suppose. One fan wants to be better then another and so on. Gets my gut really because that is not the message Michael is giving us. He wants us all to be united and his fans dont even do that. I just give up :smilerolleyes:

The problem is that when people don't report the personal attacks they grow, more people become involved into the nastiness and it destroys the thread. Moderators don't see every thread, every post. If they stumble on it that's one thing but the reality is we don't see everything all the time.

You have to actively take the steps to make MJJC a better place. Report personal attacks and they will be stopped before it all goes down hill. MJJC is what the members make it. If you fight and allow others to attack without reporting it then that is the atmosphere you allow to be here.

Help us step it up. Attacking one another isn't permitted nor is it necessary. People need to get off their high horses and realize everyone is different, everyone has a different way of thinking and everyone has the right to believe and enjoy Michael Jackson the way they see fit within the forum rules.

this is the reason when I am less and less active on this forum. My opinions and views have been attacked time and again and Ive been told told to shut up cos I annoy certain members!!! It says it all really, that Ive been a member since 2003, yet my post count is only around 250!! There are many threads on mjjc that I would like to contribute to, both with my opinion and views or with the answers to a question being asked but I just cant be bothered anymore. Why should I share my 25 years knowlege and experience with people who are ungratfeul, and downright rude??? I come here becuse Michael is part of my life and I love him with all my heart and soul, not to be attacked and made to feel like I shouldnt be here!

What you posted is THE MAIN reason why I created this thread! And to Dervla, I am sorry you've been hurt so much on this forum. Unfortunately, this has been going on in our community for far too long. So many loving, sweet and maturer fans have pulled back and therefore not participating and making their voices heard. It's really a "sad" thing, when intimidation, attacks and fan bullying leads to silence.

It is so important to have unbiased and great leadeship in the mods and admin of every forum. We must also support them as best as we can. It mustn't be easy for them either.

I for one do not want to see fans being abusive towards one another, We should respect eachother's differences and try to be more understanding and even be open to learning from eachother.

The problem is that when people don't report the personal attacks they grow, more people become involved into the nastiness and it destroys the thread. Moderators don't see every thread, every post. If they stumble on it that's one thing but the reality is we don't see everything all the time.

You have to actively take the steps to make MJJC a better place. Report personal attacks and they will be stopped before it all goes down hill. MJJC is what the members make it. If you fight and allow others to attack without reporting it then that is the atmosphere you allow to be here.

Help us step it up. Attacking one another isn't permitted nor is it necessary. People need to get off their high horses and realize everyone is different, everyone has a different way of thinking and everyone has the right to believe and enjoy Michael Jackson the way they see fit within the forum rules.

Shannon, Bless you! I love you for this refreshing and fair attitude! Thank You and You are sooooooo right!

Comes back to add. People also need to understand someone not agreeing with you is not a personal attack either. If they do it in a demeaning way then of course it is.

I'm going to move this thread to the Community Issues section as it is a community issue :yes:

You know what I mean, the fan who wants the opinion of the thread to always go their way and when it doesn't they throw a tantrum or go on the attack with aggression and sometimes unfair cruelty.

I went through that a lot and I refuse to say what happened or any names because I just do not do that. What I will say is that I usually shake my head and move on. I have a temper so I try not to let that bother me. I simply state my opinions and move on. I was called a very nasty and untrue name. I never complained to the mods or admins. about it. I just simply defended myself and put that person on "ignore". My advice to anyone that goes through this is always take the higher road. Do not attack them because you will get in trouble as well. Just simply state what you have to state, go after their bias or any weakness that you see and move on. If it gets to personal, you should contact the mods or admins. Do not let them get the best of you. People usually do that because they have issues, when you really think about it. At the end of the day, it is just opinions and people who disagree with you, do not have to attack you. If they can accept your opinions and understand that they are opinions and not facts, then you can deal with them. When people attack you as a person, you need to defend yourself, wisely, and contact an mod or adminstrator. That is what I should have done when I was a member at MJJF. LOL.

As for the cruelty part, I'm a bad girl so normally I just strike back in an equally cruel manner

*SHOCKED* What? Wendy - you are a bad girl? I can't see you that way! LOL! I read your posts are you alway seemed nice and good. LOL. I am shocked by this. LOL.

Why should I share my 25 years knowlege and experience with people who are ungratfeul, and downright rude???

Wow, that is crazy. I know that I personally went after you, at least that is how I seen it, at this one thread and I would just like to apologized. I hate to see fans leave this great board because of other fans' immature, chidish behavior. You stated something that I read a lot on here and it is pretty sad because we are all here for Michael and we care about the man. As long as people do not trash him or belittle him, then that any kind of a respectable opinion is accepted. I wish some people who do this admit they do this and simply apologize for it. It is a shame when you think about it. I chat with fans that have problems with other fans because of this.

Last edited:

I just want to agree with this... Sometimes folks are all too happy to sit there and watch a few members get served. If you see someone being nasty report it. The action is anonymous to everyone else and it takes less time than sending a PM.

Moonstreet, there is nothing wrong with having a different opinion to everyone else and you shouldn't feel that you need to keep it to yourself. You had a thread that went against popular thought a few weeks ago and even though most people didn't agree with you, the thread worked relatively well, (granted I helped you keep that thread alive only to be told a week later that we over moderate... but that's another discussion lol).

Other than the moderation advice of "reporting" the only other advice I can give you in regards to dealing with the over zealous fan, is simply to ignore and not respond to them. Nothing frustrates an agro person who is trying to get a rise out of you more than having their posts ignored. If you don't quote and respond to them but just simply move on and converse with the next person in the thread it'll surely crush them :lol:

It is very hard to simply just "ignore" the Over Zealous Fan when in fact their self-important actions have them cozying up to Michael's Team by snooping on various fan boards and there members, then emailing information about specific fans and their actions to Raymone Bain; thinking this behaior would result in them having an official place within MJ's Team.
The "Over Zealous" fan in this case also, out of pure jealousy and fear of another fan getting too close; making up lies about fans in order to isolate them from any possiblities of getting in good with anyone on Michael's official team.

This actally happened, over and over again. I can't begin to tell you all the stories that have been shared among fans of whom this happened too.

Fan club President's and Admin. have also been at odds because of the sly work of the Over Zealous fan.

I hope with this thread being moved, fans will know its here. This problem that we have in our community isn't limited to just this board, it has happened with several MJ forums.

^ oooh thoooosssee kind of over zealous fans.

Yes they're a royal pain in the beeee hind :lol:

Like the ones who claim to be "in the know"

Do you have an experience that you want to share? (minus real names and website names?) Sometimes an example is great because people read it and go "oh hey that happened to me!"

Comes back to add. People also need to understand someone not agreeing with you is not a personal attack either. If they do it in a demeaning way then of course it is.

the sad thing is that there still to many pple who take things personally \nd then leave the board without ever letting anyone know why left which means nothing will be solved
and this is one of the most familair board around so we can do without that we all need to make an efford to get along even when the opnions are not the same:D

Back