Different Kind Of Lady

Yeah I think "Goin' Places" has some great songs too. It's too bad it's so underrated.

Yeah I think "Goin' Places" has some great songs too. It's too bad it's so underrated.

I agree, but it's not really a case of Goin Places being underrated, it's a case of it really being unknown or forgotten of because the album contained no hit singles. Unlike The Jacksons self-titled album that had two hit singles, Enjoy Yourself and Show You The Way To Go.

Different Kind of Lady is a brilliant song, and Goin Places is brilliant album. I can't believe Goin Places was a flop with no hit singles as that album has a lot of great songs on it.

My favorite song on the Goin Places album is Do What You Wanna, which was written by Michael and his brothers. Different Kind of Lady was also written by Michael and his brothers, and I'm sure if both of those were released as singles in 1977 they would have been big hits.

Michael said in his autobiography Moonwalk, that although he learned a lot from working with producers Gamble & Huff of The Jacksons and Goin Places albums, most of songs/sound The Jacksons were given weren't really suited to them.

Last edited:
On the 1976 album "Good Times" was an R&B hit, and is still played on quiet storm programs today.

I love Different Kind Of Lady and all the other songs from the Goin' places album. They are cool, relaxing and smooth. Great stuff!!! :yes:

This is one of my favorites. It was never released as a single or got any radio play, but it was a club/disco hit in 1977. From "Goin' Places"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTweZ_MHWfo

Oooo, stop that Duran! Lol!
That's my song right there.
One of my favorite Jacksons album. I love each and every song on there.
Even tho the fast dance groove I feel from Different Kind of Lady is great,
I love it when MJ slows it down with songs like Heaven Knows I Love You
which practically moves me to tears by the way he emotes and Find Me A Girl. Lawd!

But this is about DKOL, which like I said, is a great song!
I bet it woulda been a top 10 hit if released as a single. :yes:

*sings*
I search this world for a different kinda girl!
Call myself goin' girl shoppin'!!

Back