Window Shopping
You're My Best Friend, My Love
Love Is The Thing You Need
The Eternal Light
Pride And Joy
Through Thick And Thin
We're Here To Entertain You
We're Gonna Change Our Style

This album was released by Motown in 1976 after the group had left and signed with Epic. It consisted of unreleased tracks (at the time) in the Motown vault. Some songs have the kid voice (Love Is The Thing You Need) and others after Mike's voice had changed. What is your opinion of this release?

Last edited:
I guess no one has heard of this one, lol. I guess I'd better not ask about the "Boogie" album then. :p

I've heard about them. I have them, also Joyful Jukebox Music and Boogie album. They are cool, though I like JJM better (I like the songs Window Shopping and Joyful Jukebox Music the best).

I've has the album Joyful Jukebox on vinyl and cassette for 20yrs, and recently downloaded some songs from it on iTunes (as I've never seen a CD of it). It's patchy and strange album. It seems like the album was rush released and full of outtakes there weren't meant for release.

My favorite songs on are Window Shopping and We're Gonna Change Our Style.

Joyful Jukebox Music and Boogie have been released on CD in 2004 by Hip O records (it's a 2 album on 1 Cd set).

You can try and find one on Ebay cause I'm not sure you can get it in Mint Condition at Amazon.

(Boogie was released in the U.S. on Natural resources, a budget label run by Motown, in 1979. Very few first pressings were sold, anbd the Lp has never been reissued. There exists an Aussie pressing tough).

I have JJM on vinyl, but I also have the combo CD with Boogie. The CD can also be found at http://www.dustygroove.com. They only sell new items, and not used like Amazon. They also carry the Jackson 5 Live In Japan CD. It's pretty good. But if you're interested, it's better to buy right away, because some albums occasionally go out of stock (for a long time, lol). They also sell vinyl for some releases.

It's patchy and strange album. It seems like the album was rush released and full of outtakes there weren't meant for release.

My favorite songs on are Window Shopping and We're Gonna Change Our Style.
I've never understood why it was credited to The Jackson 5 Featuring Michael Jackson, especially in 1976. I've always thought "You're My Best Friend" sounds a bit like a Spinners song.

it's credited as Jackson 5 because it was released on Motown and each time Motown releases a Jackson album they stamp it J5 cause they own the rights of the name.

it's credited as Jackson 5 because it was released on Motown and each time Motown releases a Jackson album they stamp it J5 cause they own the rights of the name.

No, I'm talking about the "Featuring Michael Jackson" part. It's on the original vinyl version. No other original album says that, there's some 80s compilations released after Thriller that are credited that way though. In 1976 Mike wasn't "big" per se to be singled out in this way. At the time J5 records weren't even selling and they weren't having any hits. This was one of the reasons they left Motown and why they started doing Vegas shows. Performing in Las Vegas during that time wasn't considered "cool" like it is today. This is why a lot of people make fun of Vegas Elvis.

Were Here To Entertain You is my fave from this album I heard it on an MJ documentary and I always wanted to get my hands on it I only ever heard the start of it whre Michael sings about his life. Then a fan taped it for me on cassette and eventually some years back it was released on cd with Boogie and I was delighted to have a crisp version of this album on my hands. I love the Jackson 5 stuff as well as Michaels up to date stuff. There was a time I had to have every song that Michael sung in my collection even jackson 5 ones.

No, I'm talking about the "Featuring Michael Jackson" part. It's on the original vinyl version. No other original album says that, there's some 80s compilations released after Thriller that are credited that way though. In 1976 Mike wasn't "big" per se to be singled out in this way. At the time J5 records weren't even selling and they weren't having any hits. This was one of the reasons they left Motown and why they started doing Vegas shows. Performing in Las Vegas during that time wasn't considered "cool" like it is today. This is why a lot of people make fun of Vegas Elvis.

Yes, that "featuring MJ" thing is weird especially since in 75-76 MJ had no big hits.

JFM is a good set though. I like We're Here to Entertain You, along with Window Shopping and the title track.
Some of the songs really could have made it on some original albums IMO.

i love that cd i'm tryying to look for that cd everywhere in music stores and nobody his it :no: i'm very upset about that :yes:

i love that cd i'm tryying to look for that cd everywhere in music stores and nobody his it :no: i'm very upset about that :yes:
The CD was in limited release. I've never seen the CD in a store either. I used to see the record in the stores up till the mid 80s when it went out of print. Go to the site I mentioned on the 1st page, they have it. I just checked.

Last edited:
The CD was in limited release. I've never seen the CD in a store either. I used to see the record in the stores up till the mid 80s when it went out of print. Go to the site I mentioned on the 1st page, they have it. I just checked.

i'm don't allow to order anything on websites :no: my mom is afriad something happen :yes:

i keep on tryying to find that cd and anyother cd i'm still waitting on about april the time it was easter i order cd call the jacksons: live cd :yes: and i'm still waitting on it :yes: know i'm getting very :mat: know :yes:

i'm don't allow to order anything on websites :no: my mom is afriad something happen :yes:

i keep on tryying to find that cd and anyother cd i'm still waitting on about april the time it was easter i order cd call the jacksons: live cd :yes: and i'm still waitting on it :yes: know i'm getting very :mat: know :yes:

Unfortunately with places like ebay or Amazon, some of the sellers are individuals and you don't know who you're dealing with. But Dusty Groove is a legit company and I've bought things from them several times and had no problems. But you could check record stores that carry rare music, imports, or out of print albums.

i'm tryying and keep tryying to find the cd :yes: but never ever ever order cd's at chapters stores o.k :yes: cause they say they had the cry single cd and then they say they don't that make me angry :yes: and i'm still waitting on my live jacksons cd i order it at the time it was easter and i'm still waitting on it they're not telling me the truth about it :yes: is so mean :yes:

Around the time Joyful Jukebox Music was released which is around the time of The Jacksons tv show (which Michael hated doing), Michael said he was worried The Jacksons were turning in to an "Oldies act" and would be singing ABC forever.

Joyful Jukebox is an ok song, but a strange song to come from "Motown" as it has the Jackson 5 singing lyrics naming about the music of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, even though Michael and his brothers are big Beatles fans.

Michael said he was worried The Jacksons were turning in to an "Oldies act" and would be singing ABC forever.
Well when he does a concert, he still sings ABC, so his fear came partly true, lol.

JJM and Boogie are the only J5 albums that are missing from my collection. gotta buy them sometime

JJM and Boogie are the only J5 albums that are missing from my collection. gotta buy them sometime

Boogie is a few pre-released tracks like Dancing Machine and 7 unreleased songs. The CD version with both albums has a bonus track. It's the full uncut version of "Hum Along And Dance" from the Get It Together album. This one is just about 15 minutes long. The GIT version is a little over 8 minues.
boogie.jpg

Love's Gone Bad
I Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out Anymore
ABC
I Was Made To Love Her
One Day I'll Marry You
Never Can Say Goodbye
Oh I've Been Bless'd
Penny Arcade
Just Because I Love You
Dancing Machine

Last edited:
Here is what the CD version looks like. As mentioned before, this has both Joyful Jukebox Music & Boogie with the bonus track.
jackson5~~~_joyfuljuk_101b.jpg

For those who's never heard it, I've found all of the songs on JJM except "We're Gonna Change Our Style".

Joyful Jukebox Music

Last edited:
Back