THey dont really care about us (Prison Version)

grunts_n_Th_gym

Proud Member
Wow...Awesome video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvWMLAWrEjU

I think michael is doing some kind of sign language here at the end. Anyone know if this true or not? You might have to slow the video down to catch it, but something is going on durring 4:23-4:24...and its not just mike dancing stuff. He brings his hands inside eachother and draws them out...What do you all think?

yea its a kool vid, i prefer this one over the brazil one.
I think it is sign language,i believe he also does sign language in the Ill Be There video/performance
Sign language is actually an official language of my country but i dont know it sadly but maybe some could translate it for us

I know this is an old thread, but I've been wondering about the sign language in this video too. I found a thread disussing it here http://the-only-michael-jackson.com/michael-jackson-they-dont-care-about-us-lyrics-prison-version/
and someone claims he's saying F*uck off... does anyone know if this is correct? I learnt the alphabet in sign language when I was in school but it's so fast in the vid that I can't really figure it out. Usually the only words that are spelt out in sign language are names and swearwords, as far as I know... so this does make sense.

I know this is an old thread, but I've been wondering about the sign language in this video too. I found a thread disussing it here http://the-only-michael-jackson.com/michael-jackson-they-dont-care-about-us-lyrics-prison-version/
and someone claims he's saying F*uck off... does anyone know if this is correct? I learnt the alphabet in sign language when I was in school but it's so fast in the vid that I can't really figure it out. Usually the only words that are spelt out in sign language are names and swearwords, as far as I know... so this does make sense.

Yes, he is and in the rehearsal footage, that they showed in mainstream media many have said the gesture is that he is giving the finger to the NWO.

I have always thought it's like the imitating of the loading of a gun.

He mouths, " Fuck you " at the end. I found that to be particularly amusing. They played this on the MJ special on rage last night, i also prefer this one over the Brazilian one. I love the end of this where it's a shot of him running up the stairs in a white t-shirt which is what he was wearing in the Brazilian version.

at 4.30 in the video clip. He stands on the table and take his hands to his face, does that sign means Fuck you? It looks like it.

At one point he does the hand under the chin movement, but later (and I've just noticed that this is not in all versions of the prison vid!) he actually signs the letters.

One question though: I though Michael never swore?

He told glora allred? " Tell her to go to hell"

What does that "hand under the chin" movement mean? Fuck off?

There is a pic of him out there givin the paparazzi the finger. lol
Love it..

Duuuude...I've never seen this version until now. LOVE IT. And the fact that he signs f*ck you makes it all the more awesome.

GO MJ!

At one point he does the hand under the chin movement, but later (and I've just noticed that this is not in all versions of the prison vid!) he actually signs the letters.

I thought this was common knowledge, although it is bleeped out sometimes, on the song Scream (he says F**K and on This Time Around (S**T).

in the rehearsal footage, that they showed in mainstream media many have said the gesture is that he is giving the finger to the NWO.

Anywhere online I can watch the rehearsal footage for this?? I tried searching and couldn't find anything... not for this prison version.

haha, i remember there was a thread on MJNO ages ago titled, " Does swearing suit Michael ? ". Was quite funny since we have such a sharp cut out image that we have conjured up for him. Let him get shoddy if he wants! We're none the perfect.

I thought this was common knowledge, although it is bleeped out sometimes, on the song Scream (he says F**K and on This Time Around (S**T).

Yeah but I thought on Scream he made Janet sing that line? lol.
I noticed in his later stuff he does seem to....maybe he just got so fed up...

haha, i remember there was a thread on MJNO ages ago titled, " Does swearing suit Michael ? ". Was quite funny since we have such a sharp cut out image that we have conjured up for him. Let him get shoddy if he wants! We're none the perfect.

hehe.
I actually like when he swears....I dunno, lol.

hehe.
I actually like when he swears....I dunno, lol.

haha, me too.
I just have a complex where i like to see him get angry, and aggressive. I love his nurturing and sensitive side. But when he gets like this, i feel, i have no idea how to describe it. I guess i just love it when he gets really heated up.

haha, me too.
I just have a complex where i like to see him get angry, and aggressive. I love his nurturing and sensitive side. But when he gets like this, i feel, i have no idea how to describe it. I guess i just love it when he gets really heated up.

Yep, I understand...there's something powerful and inspiring about it!!

Anywhere online I can watch the rehearsal footage for this?? I tried searching and couldn't find anything... not for this prison version.

The only rehearsal clip there is is this one, in the background is a screen, with what represents TPTB and about 0.30, he give the finger, a gesture at TPTB represented on the screen, the political speech of Martin Luther King "this will go down as the greatest demonstration for freedom in history" plays alongside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54tTBU_u7k

Last edited:
The only rehearsal clip there is is this one, in the background is a screen, with what represents TPTB and about 0.30, he give the finger, a gesture at TPTB represented on the screen, the political speech of Martin Luther King "this will go down as the greatest demonstration for freedom in history" plays alongside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54tTBU_u7k

Awesome! Thank you for posting.

In regards to MJ swearing...I think it's hot. haha. And it's made particularly awesome when someone who swears that doesn't normally... because it just shows the conviction in what they have to say. I just wanna shout "YEAH! YOU TELL EM!" :punk:

I love this also. Wish it were available on iTunes. I'm waiting for the Filipino prisoners to do it. (Maybe that's where they should send Conrad Murray?)

Never noticed that! :eek:

BTW about this song, my friends can't stop listening to it since he passed away whereas they didn't listen to Michael's music before!

Awesome! Thank you for posting.

In regards to MJ swearing...I think it's hot. haha. And it's made particularly awesome when someone who swears that doesn't normally... because it just shows the conviction in what they have to say. I just wanna shout "YEAH! YOU TELL EM!" :punk:

Yep, me too!!

i hate when pple put "really" in the song titile lol

lol I know what you mean, but I guess it's understandable cos that is the line in the chorus.....

Back