2300 Jackson Street

Glanni

Proud Member
Country
Germany
can anyone tell me whats going on in the old small Jackson Family house??

Are there people living in? who is the owner of the house??

and another question: is there a museum in gary indiana or anything dedictated to the jackson family???

the the house in Gary is still there and yes people still live in it. A friend of a friend went there a few months ago, and Ive heard that its not in a nice area and its not a good idea to go and see it. There is no Jackson museum in Gary but there are plans for one but whether it ever actully opens is another thing.

wow, cool for them to live in such a legendary house!! but sad that the jacksons didnt keep it...:-(

The street is now named 2300 Jacksons street in honour of the Jackson family and then thier is the Jackson boulevard next to it. I understand that the house is still owned by the Jacksons but it is occupied by some relatives.,

The street is now named 2300 Jacksons street in honour of the Jackson family and then thier is the Jackson boulevard next to it. I understand that the house is still owned by the Jacksons but it is occupied by some relatives.,

are u sure? googleearth says its still only Jackson Street.. and where is the jackson boulevard?

its was named jackson family boulevard or something. its in the thread about joe going back there the other month.but whether it was just named that for the day or forever it didnt really make clear.when mj was there in 03 i think it was said that some cousins live in the house

The street they lived on was actually called Jackson street, but it was named after a President, I think. So it's actually called 2300 Jackson street, but it has nothing to do with the Jackson family. Just a coincidence.

Last edited:
The street was called Jackson Street when the Jackson lived there, however, it was recently renamed 2300 Jackson street in honour of the Jackson family, just recently, also the street next to it was named Jackson Boulevard. We saw this being unveiled when Joe Jackosn visited the place just recently.

Last edited:
Though it may be a 'bad' area.. I still would love to go and see the house.. go accross the street to the Roosevelt HIgh.. Go to Martin Luther King Acadamy.. (formaly Garnnet Elimentary).. Go to Danny's candy store.. and all the other spots the Jacksons were known for being at.

are u sure? googleearth says its still only Jackson Street.. and where is the jackson boulevard?

Joe Jackson, who is promoting his new reality show, stood outside that home Tuesday. He helped the mayor unveil an honorary street sign naming 23rd Avenue "2300 Jackson Street" and Jackson Street "Jackson Family Boulevard."

joejackson723.jpg_20080723_11_43_45_51-281-400.imageContent

The street in front of the old Jackson family home at 2300 Jackson St., Gary, was renamed Tuesday in honor of the family. (Scott M. Bort/Post-Tribune)
http://www.post-trib.com/news/1069545,gjackson.article

Last edited:
Back