Janet to Launch Lingerie Line (more pics and video)

IvanaIloveMJ

Proud Member
20 Aug 2008

According to wwd.com Janet will be launching her own lingerie line title, "Pleasure Principle".

Janet teamed up with Bruno Schiavi, the Australian lingerie designer behind Dr. Rey’s Shapewear line, for her 18 piece line. Sizes range from 32A to 44G and are mostly designed in lace and satin.

Items will be manufactured in China and will be in department stores soon.

http://www.wwd.com/markets-news/janet-jackson-launches-lingerie-1720119?module=today

:clapping:

Re: Janet to Launch Lingerie Line

wonder if those nipple adorments will finaly be available :)

You may need to convert. The US dress and shoe sizes start at a higher number.

wonder if those nipple adorments will finaly be available :)
f_smiley.gif
there's a lot more from her repertoire she can enlighten folk with.

pplingerea.jpg

Janet Jackson, a model wearing Pleasure Principle, and Bruno Schiavi.
Photo: WireImage

According to wwd.com Janet will be launching her own lingerie line title, "Pleasure Principle".

Janet teamed up with Bruno Schiavi, the Australian lingerie designer behind Dr. Rey’s Shapewear line, for her 18 piece line. Sizes range from 32A to 44G and are mostly designed in lace and satin.

Items will be manufactured in China and will be in department stores towards the end of this year or early 2009. Jackson and Schiavi are currently in negotiations with major chains to carry the line; U.S. stores will be revealed in coming months, with releases in Australia, Japan and Europe to follow.

Jackson said the combination of beauty and comfort was the primary driver for the designs, though affordability was also paramount. Price points for the bra and underwear pieces are all under $40.
“I hate when you’ve had on a bra all day long and you just can’t wait to take it off — every woman has experienced that,” she said. “A lot of lingerie tends to leave those marks and be uncomfortable. This line is about detail, fit and comfort as well as beauty and making women feel sexy.”

This is the first time in her long career that Jackson has undertaken an apparel line of any sort, though she is a fan of Alexander McQueen — she came out to help fete the opening of his Los Angeles store this spring — and Versace, whose show she attended in June. Her innerwear collection will be expanded in the future, plus Schiavi and Jackson are already at work on additional lines and collaborations, including plans to extend beyond lingerie in 2009. “In order for me to do something I have to be very passionate about it or I won’t give it my all,” she said. “I had so much fun designing this.”

Jackson, who next month is embarking on her first North American concert tour in seven years, said the line developed quickly, though since she’s preparing for her tour, and Schiavi splits time between Los Angeles and Australia, the pair had to squeeze in design sessions whenever they could — even during dance rehearsals or over the phone in the middle of the night.
“It’s 3 a.m., Janet’s in Paris and I’m in Australia and we’re on the phone talking about the line,” said Schiavi.
“I eat lunch at the same time every day, so we’d do a lot of work during my lunch time when Bruno would come down to rehearsals,” Jackson added.

The singer first unveiled plans for the line in June at the Versace men’s wear show in Milan in June, right around the time Jackson and longtime boyfriend, record producer Jermaine Dupri, said they’re planning to start a family after the latest tour ends. Jackson said the lingerie line is “definitely” a good jumping-off point for future fashion endeavors.
“It’s something for every woman, and I truly do mean that. It makes you feel sexy,” she said.

And presumably there will be no wardrobe malfunctions.

source: janet-online

Last edited:

This sounds PERFECT, Janet!!
:flowers:

Thanks for sharing,
that sounds great :)

I'm lovin it, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see more.

Janet looks freakin great.

oooh YAY!
I wanna buy some :yes:

so will she be modeling them?? :)

I'll be sure to stand outside of Victoria's Secret and promote her. Only after passing out fliers around campus lol

Janet will be on Access Hollywood tonight to talk about her line.

Friday, August 22, 2008

EPK for the Pleasure Principle lingerie line

082208a.jpg

Extra has posted the video from the electronic press kit for Janet's new Pleasure Principle lingerie line onto their website.

In the video, Janet and designer Bruno Schiavi discuss the inspiration for the new line, which is scheduled to hit stores in November.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/08/janets_sexy_new_escapade.php

source: janet-xone

Back