Some Interesting Info on Unreleased Concerts..

mickyj007

Proud Member
Hi guys, this is more of an info-based thread with regards to unreleased concerts that we haven't seen.

Well I have just contacted Channel 9 here in Australia, through phone and email, in regards to requesting some of their archived footage (which they allow people to do for a fee). HOWEVER, they disallow selling any concerts (as I have just found out) due to the fact that the artist and their respected labels own the copyrights to the footage.

Interestingly enough.. Channel 9 confirmed to me over the phone that they have the full BRISBANE, MELBOURNE, ADELAIDE and PERTH HIStory concerts all filmed professionally. They have these amazing concerts, as well as the SYDNEY concert in full, all of which are in their archives, and unavailable for purchase by the public.

This is where it gets even more interesting:

I asked them if they had anything on the "Royal Brunie concert from 1996 where Michael Jackson performed for the Sultan", and the woman said the same thing, "I cannot sell you the footage as it is copyrighted."

I asked her just for interest sake if they had the footage, and she said she'd get back to me via email. Anyway, here response was a firm "yes", they have it in full, professionally shot, and some of it was used for news segments back in 1996 I was told.

*Kill me now*

I can gaurentee now there are SO many sources out there that have the Sultan of Brunie concert.

Fans just have to take initiative and search for it. It's out there, go for it.

You should, although they'd most likely give you the same response that I got.. it's all copyrighted material.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Bad tour? Yes, somebody leaked it. I suppose if you work for a tv station you have a lot better access to this sort of footage, so that would help.

You should, although they'd most likely give you the same response that I got.. it's all copyrighted material.

yep, but couldn't they (the tv stations) broadcast some of their archived concerts?

Sure they have to pay (again) for the rights to broadcast them, but if there would enough demand (e.g. if many viewers would request)

So they are willing to sell the full australian concerts but not the Brunei? What kind of fees?

All "concerts are unavailable for purchase by the public" :(

But.. they have them.. all of which are PROFESSIONALLY SHOT.

Last edited:
if someone has a friend who's working for....

that's how things are being shared, you know :D

Last edited:
I can gaurentee that the Royal Brunie concert would even be on the net right as we speak.

We just don't know where to look, and/or don't have the right contacts.

I have contacts but don't have a rare concert to trade it :(
sorry guys

All this trading stuff is very dodgy i myself have a rare concert and im trying to get bad tour 88 berlin, but its just so awkward i dont even think these people have his stuff

I just want Bad Tour concerts

I'm not that all concerned about the Brunei concert lol

Second that. I have that concert but i would love to get more ones that the picture is sharp and very clear i like to get the Bad Tour concerts too.

Michael had his own ppls do his concerts right?

I am really looking for the Victory Tour I know Michael has his own copies in the vault.

Back