Billboard mj50 project (threads merged)

mkgenie

Proud Member
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]www.mj50th.com[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]has the project worked?

to buy a full page advertisement on Billboard to say Happy birthday to MJ? using fans' donation?

if so, I wonder which issue it is?

Thanks
[/FONT]

Re: Billboard project ?

You should contact people involved in the Billboard project.

yeah

but I don't know any.

I thought there may be some fans here who made donation and knew something.

Yes it has worked and there will be a full page ad in Billboard magazine according to the people who organised it.

I donated to this but am wondering the same thing - which issue?
I sent an email to the contact email given on the website but have gotten no reply.
It comes out weekly so considering this week is MJs birthday it should be in this week's issue - I'm going to check for it tomorrow.
Has anyone else found it?

Actually this campaign was only arranged to once again try to attract attention on an UNAUTHORISED online-shop by some questionable "fans" who run their own small company trying to be in the community spotlight...

So I just bought Billboard and the one-page ad is in the magazine.
I have to say I am not that impressed (I donated but honestly not enough to really be complaining).
It is all black & white which could be really nice/artsy/cool BUT instead the quality is bad, the picture is too blurry and is just not a good choice - there are TONS better pictures - why on earth they choose this one is beyond me. It is a silhouette of Michael - which again COULD have been cool but it's blurry and grainy.

Also when I saw it the first thing I noticed was the TACKY advertisement for the fan club & shop. I know they contributed money towards it but honestly, COME FREAKING ON, you couldn't let is just be totally about Michael on his birthday!? You had to plaster that tacky advert on it?
Totally backups what the person above just said.

Geez.

It's kinda cool, I guess.
But coulda been better.

Sorry don't have a scanner to show you all.
This was done before some years ago in Billboard for Michael and was much better, color, beautiful really. Was disappointed when I saw this. Maybe they had their reasons - feel free to clue me in.

hi

can you scan it???

and plz tell me who's on cover of that issue??

I also would like to see a scan of the ad!
Could anybody make one??

I have donated for the project but i dont want to waste more money if its not that good!

MJJShop is soo.. overpriced!
I hope i can say this here, but its just my opinion!

sure u can say that

it is not even authorized by MJ

Here you are a pic (photo watermarked due to copyright, it's an unpublished one):

Pic removed.
That's not a trusted source.

Regards.

MJ 50th Billboard Magazine Project Forwarded! :D

From Raymone Bain regarding Billboard Magazine AD:

Ms Bain confirmed us she has forwarded the Billboard Magazine AD to Mr. Jackson. Her first comment was:
'The ad is great! [..] This is sooo nice. [..] I will forward it to Mr. Jackson.'

Source: MJ50TH.COM

I contributed, me so happy! :D

Re: MJ 50th Billboard Magazine Project Forwarded! :D

so does Raymone still work for Michael?

I dunno but their newsletter updates said they sent it to Michael, so thats great if they did.

:D

this is nice!
last year she even forwarded all fan letters that were sent to that PO Box...pity this year that did not work anymore :(

Back