My fan art

safkiel

Proud Member
These are some of my fan art drawings of MJ. I have been a fan for so many years and I have been drawing all my life, but did not actually start to make MJ fan art until 2004. Hope that you like them :)

Child_portrait_of_MJ_by_Safkiel.jpg

Jackson_5_by_Safkiel.jpg

Flower_child_by_Safkiel.jpg

:eek: I've seen your drawings on a site with all mj art!!!
I love it! your drawings are always so .... smooth!:D
I've only started drawing a few months ago but I love drawing!
The only thing is... I never like my MJ drawings, they're never good. I always like my other drawings better. So I don't draw Michael too much...
I'm doing a Stevie wonder drawing right now:D

*I love it! your drawings are always so .... smooth!:D*

Thank you :) Probably because Michael is soo smooth :)
Did you post any of yours? I would love to see them :yes:

yes I did post my drawings but they're nothing compared to yours! :D
As I said, I just started drawing out of nowhere and I never had lessons, I just try to draw what I see. But I really love to draw:).
here's my thread:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48534
All my MJ- drawings are in the first post but I also posted some others somewhere in that thread.
I really want to learn a lot more about drawing. I might try coloured pencils when I find them:) (my room's a mess right now).
My last drawing I did was a Tina Turner drawing:D I'll post it in my thread, I don't want to spoil your thread with my drawings:).

Edit: BTW, when you draw, do you use very smooth or rough paper??? I'd like to buy some real drawing paper but I don't know which is the best...

Last edited:
yes I did post my drawings but they're nothing compared to yours! :D
As I said, I just started drawing out of nowhere and I never had lessons, I just try to draw what I see. But I really love to draw:).
here's my thread:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48534
All my MJ- drawings are in the first post but I also posted some others somewhere in that thread.
I really want to learn a lot more about drawing. I might try coloured pencils when I find them:) (my room's a mess right now).
My last drawing I did was a Tina Turner drawing:D I'll post it in my thread, I don't want to spoil your thread with my drawings:).

Edit: BTW, when you draw, do you use very smooth or rough paper??? I'd like to buy some real drawing paper but I don't know which is the best...

Oh, I saw your drawings in your thread, and I think they are so sweet :)
Since you ask for some advise I will try to give you some :)
--- Drawings do not have to look like perfect photograpies. Try to find your own style, based on what is special and unique about you.
--- If yu draw from a photo, try to think of the motif as a combination shapes instead of what it actually is. Like if you are drawing a hand, think of it as a combination of shapes and shades, not the actually hand.
--- Look at your drawing in the mirror, from time to time, when you are making it. You will be able to see "mistakes" much easier.
--- I personally prefer to draw the outlining of the portrait before I start to make the shading, because it is hard to make changes afterwards. I will never start to color the portraits until I am satisfied with the outlining.
--- To make it look 3dimensional it is good to use all the different kind of shading, from the darkest black until white.
--- When I draw MJ I make a lot of contrasts in his face, especially between his skin and eyes.
--- I use a thick drawing paper 220 g and soft pencils, 2B-6B

Hope that you are inspired, and I am excited to see more of your drawings :)

OMG they're amazing!!! I love how you captured the light. I actually thought the first drawing was a pic:eek:

thank you very much for your advice:D.
-I have 3 different pencils: I use H for the outlining and soft shading, HB for light shadows and 2B for hair or very dark shadows. I'm going to buy thicker drawing paper too. The paper I use now is just paper I found in a closet at home at it's very thin:).
-I still think hands are very hard to draw! I tried to first draw a rough sketch of what I see but when I find the right shape, it's always too small or too big so I always have to start all over again.... And after trying 15 times I usually give up... :blush:
I'm leaving now, I'm going to hold my Stevie Wonder drawing in front of the mirror:D

Back