Interview with close friend of Michael Jackson

Muchos

Proud Member
So today being michael's birthday, there are a lot of mentiongs in the media.
Today norwegian newspaper VG interviewed Omer Bhatti, a close friend of michael since they met in tunis 1996 during HIStory tour.

The interview was interesting and I thought I would share it with you ;)

I'll try to do my best with the translation.

Today Michael Jackson celebrates his 50th birthday. Omer Bhatti (24) knows how it is to celebrate with the King of Pop

He is not so fond of his birthdays because then it's all about him. he appericiates that others think of him, but Michael gets more pleasure when giving to others or do things for others he says.

He knows the king of pop better than most of us, but has allways kept silent about his releationship when asked about details by the press. And he is not going to break that loyalty he says.

-A genuis

When we ask him if he can put it in words what makes Michael Jackson so special, the 24 year olds eyes lit up. Omer leans forward in the chair and tells us entusiasthic (sp)

He is a genuis when it comes to creating music. He set the standard, a standard no one will ever top. Stars like Justin Timeberlake wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for Michael.
To me, his not the King of Pop, he's the King of Pop Rock and Soul. He is the King of Music and Dance.

In parts of his life he has been living with the man who has sold hundreds of million albums. The two still have contact, and today, it might happen that he calls his friend to say congratulations.

I'm not gonna answer that one he says with a smile on his face.

He does however have an aswer to what Michael feels like turning 50.

He doesen't think about his age, for Michael 50 is just a number, he says.

It's been 7 years since Michael released an album with all new songs (Invincible 2001)
Many people say, that was the last we heard from the king of pop, but according to his norwegian friend, there will be more music from.

Michael has enough material for the next 40 years, there will be more music from Michael. And he will deliver. I promise you that. I think it will have a huge impact on people, but Michael is a perfectionst and we won't have anything untill he is satisfied, he says.

He has experienced the the creative Michael Jackson on close hand, and tells us about a person that creates all the time..

We can sit, have a deep conversation or a discussion, and then I can see that I loose him with my face and eyes. Thats when he disappears into his own world and starts tapping his feet.

There's no point in talking to him when that happens. That's when I tell him to take his tape recorder with him and finish.. He allways brings his recorder with him.

Alot of bullshit:

Allegations of bankcrupcy, the trial in 2005 and the stories about the enormous changes Jackson has circulated since the start of his career. When we ask Omer what he has to say about theese things, the spark in his eyes disappear and he is commited in a strict kind way.

There's so much bullshit! I'm not gonna answer all theese stories created by the media. Why should I waste my time answering stupid questions like, his nose is falling apart? It's all bullshit. The bigger the star the bigger the target. That all I have to say.

All geniuses are eccentric and Michael is definetly eccentric, but still he is the most normal person I know of. It's inhuman to survive what he has gone through, it's incredible that his feet are still plantet on ground and that he is happy, because that's what he is now, says Omer

EDIT: some of you may not know who he is here's a link to another thread where there are pics:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54780

I suck at uploading pics.

Amazing interview, thank u so much for translating it :D

Awesome read. I love hearing from Michael's friends about him, people who know him, and give insight in to Michael and how he thinks. Thank you for posting that.

"We can sit, have a deep conversation or a discussion, and then I can see that I loose him with my face and eyes. Thats when he disappears into his own world and starts tapping his feet.

There's no point in talking to him when that happens. That's when I tell him to take his tape recorder with him and finish.. He allways brings his recorder with him."

I can so picture that lol! It'll be like, yooohoo earth to michael * snaps fingers in his face * lol:wub:

great to know that michael has close friends like him who are loyal and respectful to him :D

Thank you for sharing and thak you Omer. When I see Omer and Brett and people like him who was influenced by Michael, being successful, I can't help thinking of how the others life would have been had they not taken the route they took.

well..finally...somebody who actually SOUNDS like a freind of Michael's..and is a friend of Michael's. it was a pleasant read..i didn't read all of it..but what i read was real positive..thank you for posting.

That was such a nice thing for Omer to say about Michael.....glad to see that Mike actually has friends he can count on.

Awesome read. I love hearing from Michael's friends about him, people who know him, and give insight in to Michael and how he thinks. .

I agree :yes: I looove reading things from people who know or have met MJ, and can tell us about him!!!!

GREAT read and thanks soooo much for translating it and posting it :yes:

very very sweet. it saddens me that most people have no idea how sweet this man is.
exactly.
It makes me sad to think of all the bs he has to go through.
All he think is not himself, but how he can make others happy and help others:(
What a great man!

Awesome read. I love hearing from Michael's friends about him, people who know him, and give insight in to Michael and how he thinks. Thank you for posting that.

Thats just how I feel too WBSS.

Thank you so much for posting and translating the interview

Sometimes I feel so sad that Michael is so misunderstood. People seem to think its OK to judge him and yet they know nothing about him.

Very nice read, I enjoyed it! :D
Thanks for posting. It's always nice to hear from his friends talking about him.. lol at the part where MJ goes off to another world and begins tapping his feet. :lol:

Great interview!

That's what Michael need... Loyal friends, to stand for him...

I totally agree when he says: "It's inhuman to survive what he has gone through, it's incredible that his feet are still plantet on ground and that he is happy, because that's what he is now"

I mean... How can someone judge Michael Jackson, call him crazy and things like that? He's been through so much... I think many people would just fall apart if they were on Michael's skin... But he's strong, and he still going on. And maybe his "eccentricity" is just the way he found to deal with all the problems he has.

People should learn to be careful when judging others, specially if they dont know the person...

[QUOTE
All geniuses are eccentric and Michael is definetly eccentric, but still he is the most normal person I know of. It's inhuman to survive what he has gone through, it's incredible that his feet are still plantet on ground and that he is happy, because that's what he is now, says Omer
[/QUOTE]

Indeed, indeed. Say it how it is. Thaaaanks for sharing!

old thread but this is just another story/interview that shows what a super wonderful human being MJ was and it needs a *bump*. :(

Back