weird things that u initially thought about MJ songs

Proud Member
when i first heard 'bad', i thought it was not finished. lol. i simply thought the drum line was missing something. but my sister knew better. she nodded, looking at me silently as if to say 'it's finished, u dope.' she would say, 'yes it is finished'. she is right, of course. it's just that the song is so innovative, that it broadsided me before i could process it.

so..what about u? any weird stuff u initially thought about any MJ songs?

Last edited:
I got a lot of the text wrong, like in thriller I thouhgt "You're paralyzed" was "Your paradise" and so on :D

Lol..i never understood this one part that MJ was singing in Smooth Criminal. where it goes :

Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie??( he says this over and over...im too lazy to type all of it)

But anyways I reall y thought he was saying somethingelse before i actually looked at the lyrics!! I thought he said "How do you rotate" over and over again...:lmao: how dumb is that??wow LOL...

I got a lot of the text wrong, like in thriller I thouhgt "You're paralyzed" was "Your paradise" and so on :D

Lol..i never understood this one part that MJ was singing in Smooth Criminal. where it goes :

Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie??( he says this over and over...im too lazy to type all of it)

But anyways I reall y thought he was saying somethingelse before i actually looked at the lyrics!! I thought he said "How do you rotate" over and over again...:lmao: how dumb is that??wow LOL...

lol...i think those 'mistakes' are something i would always look forward to make, because of MJ's distinct trademark singing style, which i would not change for the world. lol:D

I first heard Beat it before seeing the video and thought it was kinda rude

When I first heard "Billie Jean", I thought he was being a stereotypical deadbeat dad not wanting to take responsibility for his kid. Then I actually became a fan and listened more the verses and the story behind it.

When I first heard "Billie Jean", I thought he was being a stereotypical deadbeat dad not wanting to take responsibility for his kid. Then I actually became a fan and listened more the verses and the story behind it.

lol...with most of tha songs out these days, it's understandable why you would get that impression...

As a kid, I always referred to the song 'Smooth Criminal' as 'Moonwalker'. I really did believe THAT was wat the song's name was. Some confusion with the movie I guess. lol

when i was yunger in the beat it video i thought mikes mom put him on punishment cuz he was in his room lol n when he left i thought he would get in trouble..weird i kno lol

lol guys....

Another thing I thought was when i was way younger, i mean young.. when i was watching his music video Black or White I seriously thought he was walking through real fire, i was all scared thinking he was going to burn up . lol I can't believe I actually thought the fire was real.:p But hey i was a little kid back then..:p

Last edited:
When MJ did a performance of Earth Song and the bridge falls down, i actually thought that it was part of the act lol.

when i was yunger in the beat it video i thought mikes mom put him on punishment cuz he was in his room lol n when he left i thought he would get in trouble..weird i kno lol

LOOOOOOL, that sounds like something I would have done at that age! Too friggin funny!

I thought he was saying "Annie are you walking? Are you walking Annie" in Smooth Criminal :p

for the longest time in Smooth Criminal where he asks Annie if she's ok, i thought he was asking annie are you walking?

lol just read your's fayik after i posted it, guess i'm not the only one

for the longest time in Smooth Criminal where he asks Annie if she's ok, i thought he was asking annie are you walking?

lol just read your's fayik after i posted it, guess i'm not the only one

:lol:

Yep! Jackonesse is so hard sometimes! :rofl:

When i first heard Smooth Criminal i thought that it was called 'Annie Are You OK' lol

haha a lot of people had some confusion w/ Smooth criminal on this thread lol. :D

I thought, that at the start of 'Blood On The Dancefloor', Michael says "she got your number, she knows your gay" :smilerolleyes:

I also thought he said "God I must say" in Stranger in Moscow, and I still don't know what he says, even after years of reading threads about it :D

Heartbreak hotel i thought somebody had gotten beat up or killed.

wanna be startin somethin i thought he was picking on a skinny chick and said you are a vegetable.

^ ohmygosh:lol: ahahha I had some problems with songs but don't really remember what I was saying. When I remember i'll edit my post:lol:

I had a hard time understanding Don't Stop Til You Get Enough... lol

I thought the chorus was...

"People...with the cats don't stop...don't stop til you get enough" :doh: How embrassing is that?!

She Drives Me Wild's sound effects; what with all the trucks, cars starting, cars screeching, motorcycles idling, motorcycles revving, car horn for a bass...

quickly warmed to it though.
f_smiley.gif

At first when I heard Heal the World (When I was weally little)... I heard it as:
Kill the world
Make it a badder place
for you and for me
and the entire human race...

I know that MJ would never sing something like that but come on... I was young then and Heal The World was the very first song of Michael that I listened to...

I never got the words right. I was just singing shit that make no sense. It wasn't even words, it was a bunch of syllables I put together... plus, all those ad-libs gave me a headache trying to figure out.

after hearing D.S. back in the day i thought it was a typo lol. i was thinking it shud be t.s.

i once thought michael sang "dont stop till you get it on"

Every time I listen to Cry it sounds to me like Michael is singing..

Somebody shakes when the wind blows,
Sombody's missing a friend, hold on

Somebody's snacking a hero....(lacking a hero)

Even though I never never refer to an Italian sub sandwich or hoagie as a "hero sandwich" I always think yes somebody in the world is inevitably having such a snack.

When I was little, I thought that in the Black and White video, he was actually standing on the real Statue of Liberty and that that was so cool. And I would ask my mom about it, and she'd just be like "i don't know" - I think she just didn't want to bother explaining anything to me.
Which led me to believe that people were allowed to go up on the torch for a looooooong time.
Now I watch it, and it's so fake, with like the Big Ben and Eiffel Tower and everything in the background.

Back