MOTOWN 50th Anniversary - Michael & The Jackson 5

MsMo

Proud Member
MOTOWN: Michael & The Jackson 5 >

UPDATES:

Newly Discovered Tracks of the Jackson 5 to Be Released in November and Pay Homage to the King of Pop http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2221276&postcount=128

SingStar: Motown arrives on the PlayStation 3
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2218526&postcount=127

Tito and Marlon Jackson to lead Detroit Concert
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2173927&postcount=122

The Jackson 5: All Time Favorite Motown Artists

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2159927&postcount=120

banner.jpg

Borders Celebrates Motown's 50th Anniversary

Retailer to mark music milestone with special appearances by Motown artists in Los Angeles and Detroit, in-store displays and unique content on Borders.com

Read more >>>
http://sev.prnewswire.com/retail/20090108/CLTH05108012009-1.html

The Jackson 5 @ Borders >>>
http://www.bordersmedia.com/motown/biojackson.asp

Michael Jackson
@ Borders
>>> http://www.bordersmedia.com/motown/biomichael.asp

Voting has ended... the track lists are in posts 55 & 63.

motown-50-logo.jpg

The Motown Vote

To celebrate Motown’s 50th anniversary we are giving you the chance to choose your TOP 5 from a selection of the best Motown tracks.

Your top Motown tracks will appear on the Motown 50 compilation released in December this year*

VOTE NOW for the chance to win a trip to ‘Hitsville’ - the home of Motown!

USA version:
http://www.universalmusiconline.com/motown-50-vote/

UK version:
www.pollthepeople.com/motown50

Last edited:
Re: Motown 50 vote!!!

Hey this is kinda cool.
But it's hard choosing just 5 top favorites.

Your top Motown tracks will appear on the Motown 50 compilation released in December this year*
Happy Anniversay Motown!

Same age as Michael :p

As always, thanks MsMo.

Re: Motown 50 vote!!!

Hey this is kinda cool.
But it's hard choosing just 5 top favorites.

Happy Anniversary Motown!

Same age as Michael :p

As always, thanks MsMo.

U ALL are welcome.

:yes: yep, it IS hard to choose just 5...possibly you can vote 10 times to choose YOUR top 50 LOL!

...Yeah, you can vote more than once, I did it with a different email address :cheeky:

Last edited:
Re: MOTOWN 50 VOTE!!! Your top Motown tracks will appear on the Motown 50 compilation in December

VOTED!!!!!!!!!! whoo hoo!

Re: MOTOWN 50 VOTE!!! Your top Motown tracks will appear on the Motown 50 compilation in December

Ahh, impossible to pick just 5! lol

Eeee! I'm going to vote for sure. :)

voted :D ..........

Took me a while, but I finally voted! Only included one Jackson song tho, but I had to show love to The Supremes, Temps, Marvin and Stevie too!

Man, I closed out of that thing, I couldn't begin to choose just 5.

Man, I closed out of that thing, I couldn't begin to choose just 5.

I've just done the same thing. I really have to think about this. lol
Maybe the best way to choose is to pick the 5 we wouldn't mind being stranded on a desert island with; the ones we imagine might get us through something like that. Think survival. :lol:

And with that, I've just chosen 2 songs. Imma bust a vein trying to pick the other 3. :bugeyed

Wow..that was hard trying to pick just five songs....but iv done it, yay
I didn't realize Motown was the same age as Michael, well happy anniversary Motown
And thanks MsMo for posting the info

i voted but i hope that this will be all over the world too and not only in the country organising the voting .does anyone know this????

Last edited:

Finally did it. I went with:

5. The Tracks Of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
4. Master Blaster (Jammin') - Stevie Wonder
3. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin
2. For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder
1. I Want You Back - Jackson 5

Thanks for posting! I voted..

This is great going to vote now! Will there be a Mowtown 50 : Yesterday, Today, Forever anniverssary celebration? It would be amazing, Jackson 5 reunion & a performance of Billie Jean and even a new song performance from Michael aswell.

I want u back - j5

lets get it on - marvin gaye

aint no sunshine - j5

whats goin on - marvin

tracks of my tears - smokey robinson

Hey, maybe they are going to do a Motown 50 t.v. special like Motown 25.

GOOD job y'all :D Here are the current top 10:

/ Top Motown Hits

1Jackson 5
I Want You Back

2Frank Wilson
Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)

3Marvin Gaye
What's Going On

4Jackson 5
I'll Be There

5Michael Jackson
Ben

6Michael Jackson
Ain't No Sunshine

7Diana Ross
Ain't No Mountain High Enough

8The Isley Brothers
This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For …

9Jackson 5
ABC

10Marvin Gaye
I Heard It Through The Grapevine

To answer some of your questions, YES, it's an international vote, that's why you have to enter your country.

Actually NEXT YEAR is Motown's 50 anniversary, but the promo is starting now, and

YES, there will be a celebration...the website http://motown50.com/ is under construction, so check it out for updates.

VOTE >>>
http://www.universalmusiconline.com/motown-50-vote/

Last edited:

Voted!
Happy Anniversary Motown!

Finally did it. I went with:

5. The Tracks Of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
4. Master Blaster (Jammin') - Stevie Wonder
3. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin
2. For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder

That's a hot 5 you chose. :)

Voted.

I am looking forward to see the final tracklist.

I picked Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie and Rockwell (yeah I know about that last one but it's cool :p)

wouldnt it be great if michael moonwalked the stage on motown 50?

yes it would

ooh that was really hard, just choosing the top 5, there were soo many that were favorites:wub: Thanks for posting about this, I'm glad I voted:yes:

Re: MOTOWN 50 VOTE!!! Your top MJ / J5 tracks will appear on the Motown 50 compilation in December

UK version!

Vote for the tracks YOU want on the MOTOWN 50 album and win 50 of the greatest motown albums ever made!

_space.gif
Hi Monica

FANTASTIC NEWS!
To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Motown Records, Universal Music are releasing the album “Motown 50” and POLL THE PEOPLE has been selected to run the poll to determine which tracks will appear on the album!
The legendary Motown Label wanted to embrace the wonderful world of social networking to create this unique compilation album, so who better to partner up with than Poll The People, with our very own online global polling community ready and willing to have their say!
The poll is only running for 4 weeks so CLICK HERE TO GET VOTING...the official tracklisting for the album will be based purely on the results we get from YOUR VOTES! We've already got some great celebrity Motown lists on the site...The Orb, Lemon Jelly, The Cure, Alison Moyet... and loads more to follow!
PLUS - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
Everyone who votes in the poll will be entered into a free prize draw to win one of 10 sets of the Top 50 Motown Albums on CD (as chosen by Universal Music!)...that’s 50 MOTOWN ALBUMS ON OFFER for 10 lucky users!
So will it be Michael Jackson...Stevie Wonder...Diana Ross...Marvin Gaye...The Temptations...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SAY!

VOTE NOW at

www.pollthepeople.com/motown50 .
_space.gif
POLL THE PEOPLE - WHERE YOUR OPINION COUNTS!
__________________________________________________________________________​

USA version:​

Last edited:
Re: MOTOWN 50 Album: VOTE for YOUR top MJ / J5 tracks! Sept 16th - UK version too!!!

That was really hard but I finally did it

2. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) - Marvin Gaye
3. Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
4. Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
5. ABC - Jackson 5

Re: MOTOWN 50 Album: VOTE for YOUR top MJ / J5 tracks! Sept 16th - UK version too!!!

I voted! Let's go to Motown city!!:clapping:

Re: MOTOWN 50 Album: VOTE for YOUR top MJ / J5 tracks! + MONTHLY releases, BONUS tracks & DVD's plan

motown-50-logo.jpg

FYI:

Motown Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Sound That Changed America
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 25 /PRNewswire/ Author : Universal Music Enterprises

As an irresistible force of social and cultural change, Berry Gordy's legendary Motown Records made its mark not just on the music industry, but society at large, with a sound that that has become one of the most significant musical accomplishments and stunning success stories of the 20th century.

Diana Ross & The Supremes, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5, Lionel Richie & The Commodores, The Marvelettes, Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, Gladys Knight & The Pips, their music communicated and brought together a racially divided country and segregated society, around the world, touching all people of all ages and race.

No other record company in history has exerted such an enormous influence on both the style and substance of popular music and culture. With more than 180 No. 1 hit songs worldwide and counting, that influence is still being felt today, from pop to hip-hop, Motown celebrates the 50th anniversary of the company's founding...

From late 2008 to the end of 2009, Universal Music Group and EMI Music Publishing will mark the historic Detroit label's musical achievements with a series of initiatives. Notably, Universal Music Enterprises will issue monthly music releases in both physical and digital formats, with bonus tracks enhancing these packages. Details will be announced as each new package approaches.

Also upcoming throughout the celebration are releases of classic Motown Television specials in a series of DVD collections and "INSIDE MOTOWN", a multi-part documentary on how the company was built.

SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

1 Jackson 5
I Want You Back

2 Jackson 5
I'll Be There

3 Michael Jackson
Ben

4 Marvin Gaye
What's Going On

5 Michael Jackson
Ain't No Sunshine

6 Jackson 5