Arranging a private screening with 'Picture House' cinemas

Foxy..

Proud Member
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
As a student and lover of film, twinned with my fandom of Michael Jackson, today I had an inspiration of hiring a cinema screen for one evening for a screening of Michaelmania.

This is very much in the planning stages, and have only just emailed the 'Picture House' cinema chain enquiring about hiring a screen for a private showing. Picture House are largely an arthouse cinema franchise, screening independant, foreign and limited release movies, and the chain has become extremely popular. One of the features these cinemas offer is the oppurtunity to hire a screen for a private showing of a film of the customers choice.

As this year marks the 25th anniversary of 'Thriller', the 20th anniversary of 'Moonwalker' and 'Bad', and of course Michael's 50th birthday, I thought it would be a perfect oppurtunity to take advantage of this exciting time and hire a screen for a showing of either/both 'Moonwalker' and 'Live in Bucharest', (financially/time permitting)

The list of cinemas are here - http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/ I would imagine that the best option would be any of the London based Picture House cinemas, but that is something that can be arranged once I recieve a reply from the cinema chain telling me prices and availability.

The aim of this thread is to get some feedback, suggestions and a general concencus of who would be interested in the event. So.. Discuss! :cheeky:

ohh mate this sounds very interesting and a great idea. i'm currently back home in London but will be going back to Newcastlle by the end of the month so.. i guess it's a bit of bad luck for me if this all falls through, but i love the idea.

Thanks man, was just a wave of inspiration.. I am guessing it will take longer than a month to arrange/round up a large enough amount of people so i'm not out of pocket by too much.. Maybe you could get the train down for a weekend, incorporate it into visiting friends here?

oooh sounds a brillant idea, the free Thriller screenings were a huge hit, and it was cool to see alot of general public at them, not just active fans like us. Im sure if we did up fliers for this it would get alot of interest.

Thanks man, was just a wave of inspiration.. I am guessing it will take longer than a month to arrange/round up a large enough amount of people so i'm not out of pocket by too much.. Maybe you could get the train down for a weekend, incorporate it into visiting friends here?
will definitely consider it. it will be worth the 3 hour journey lol

this is what i love about mj fan community. talents from all artistic ventures come up with bloody great ideas. corny, i know, but had to be said
f_laugh.gif

Well I will definitely keep you posted regarding the information to this event. Hopefully its something I can arrange personally, however, i will probably need a hand marketing the event.. As moonstreet pointed out, flyers are an excellent idea, although permissions would need to be aquired. Well as I said, its early stages and havn't even had feedback from the cinema yet, but I will keep all updates in this thread. :)

That would be awesome!!
Wish they would do that here in australia

Back