September 12 - 14 (Update for Sept 14, 2008 on post #83)

mariemarie

Guests
It's the weekend again. YAY!! We have a little bit of everything today. There's apparently a lot that happened on this day in Michael Jackson's history. Check it out below.
Stay tuned on this news thread the entire weekend as Dorothy comes with the news and mentionings too. Wish you all to have a wonderful weekend.

Mentionings

The greatest covers of pop's royal family

trio460.jpg

Fabulous at fifty ... Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson.

At Fashion Rocks, Rihanna unveiled her unashamedly Europop cover of Madonna's Vogue – but website Hypeful went one, two, three times better. In honour of Madge and her brothers from another mother, Michael Jackson and Prince, turning the big five-oh, they gave us (yes you guessed it) 50 covers each from the trio. We've cherry-picked the most interesting ...

Let's start with her Madgesty first...
Iggy Pop and The Stooges raucous version of Burning Up can perhaps be traced back to Madonna-obsessive bassist Mike Watt. His version can be heard on Sonic (nee Ciccone) Youth's Whitey Album (see also Sonic Youth's Into The Groove) which he recorded way back in the mid-80s. No wonder she got them to play at her Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction.
Meanwhile it's no surprise Juliana Hatfield chose the contemplative 'Gone'. After being on the receiving end of major label shenanigans (Atlantic refused to release her 1997 album God's Foot), the lyrics about "selling out" and "dream[ing] away your dream" resonate.
Malcolm Middleton's King Creosote-like take on Stay (from Like a Virgin) is eye-wettingly pretty. In Madonna's version the track is yearning and pleading, but Middleton's has a veneer of fatalism and desperation about it. When he sings "If you go/ I'd think of dying instead," you feel like he means it.
Elsewhere, Annie Hardy puts her potty mouth to one side for Giant Drag's psychedelic take on Oh Father, Ryan Adams takes the fun out of Like A Virgin by trying to be too funny and there's no big surprise that that religiously conflicted Tori Amos chose Like A Prayer.

Over to the Michael Jackson collection!
Ignore the Mika and KT Tunstall versions, it's Nicklecreek's stripped down, bluegrass take on I Want You Back which really thrills, sounding like the kids from Little House On The Prairie doing the Motown classic. You can almost hear the enthusiasm dripping out of your speakers.
Lightspeed Champion's take on Thriller is notable for Dev Hynes' arrangement of the tune. Replacing the bold synth lines with Eugene McGuinness' violin gives the song a ramshackle, grot-rock sound.

Ian Brown does a loveable double header of Thriller and Billie Jean. As lilting as the former is, it's his version of Billie Jean that is more memorable. With the spirit of Madchester looming, it's also delightfully daft - when singing the tracks paternity questioning lyrics, Brown sounds like a dodgy dad avoiding eye contact on the Jeremy Kyle show. Speaking of "daft", who could forget Charlotte Church and Amy Winehouse's tense take on Beat It? Well here it is in all its glory. Was Winehouse drunk? Maybe, but with the visual element taken away, she sounds more lucid than memory serves. Although, admittedly, we still can't understand what she's singing about.

And so finally, onto Prince.
As Sinead O'Connor, Chaka Khan and Cyndi Lauper proved, you can't go too wrong with a Prince song – although Beck certainly tries. After threatening to do Do Me Baby (thankfully he doesn't) he takes the psychedelic Raspberry Beret and gives it some impromptu, busker-like love. The spectre of a self-satisfied, irony-heavy slacker audience rears it head when Mr Hansen says it's a song by The Purple One but he wants to dedicate it to the other Purple One... Barney The Dinosaur. Does this guy ever stop? Oh my aching sides, etc...
Foo Fighters' Darling Nikki is wonderful - partly because it's such a surprising choice and partly because Grohl sounds so engaged. Noted Prince-heads, the band also covered Vanity 6's Drive Me Wild but this is their definitive one. They bring out the songs' gothic charm and whip cracking menace. And it helps that the Nicest Guy In Rock sounds genuinely terrified/intrigued by deviant Nikki's naughty ways.
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man was demoed at the same time as When You Were Mine and it's Prince at his most New Wavey. My Morning Jacket retain the song's country-rockin' grace. The recording is not great but listen carefully and there are some great harmonies going on in the background.

The ever inventive Of Montreal do a pretty straightforward I Would Die 4 U, Well, straightforward aside from what sounds like North Sea drilling going on in the background. Much better is their air-punching version of Purple Rain. It's a song which, like Billie Jean, is pretty hard to mess up. Kate Nash tries, though, by cracking up mid-song and (quite literally) bursting into falsetto.
Meanwhile Ani DiFranco and Aimee Mann's When Doves Cry, depressingly sounds like Jack Johnson playing at FarmFest in 1992. Patti Smith's surprisingly funky version is much prettier, putting the songs parental angst to the core.
What else? Well Gary Numan's industro-pop version of U Got The Look is pretty shocking - it sounds a little too much like Tom Jones's steroid take on Kiss for our liking. Perhaps our favourite of the bunch, though, is Richard Swift's lovely Paisley Park. In keeping with the song's Beatles-indebted spirit, he takes it to the next level. The result? Erm, it sounds like a Muppets song. Marvellous.
What's your favourite? And has the list missed any great covers? Let us know.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/sep/12/popandrock

Five great grunge albums

THE year was 1991.

Michael Jackson ruled the charts, boy bands were the flavour of the day and hip hop and urban music were still struggling to break into the mainstream.

It's no exaggeration to say that the release of Nirvana's Nevermind towards the end of that year changed the face of music.

It was a watershed moment that helped to finally push so-called ``alternative rock'' into the mainstream. It was also the moment when grunge became a phenomenon, coalescing around Seattle and the record label Sub Pop. Like punk less than two decades earlier, here was a style of music, a way to dress and even a too-easy slacker lifestyle in one neat alternative package for disaffected teens to latch on to. The sound and aesthetic of grunge were a deliberate reaction to over-the-top, over-sexed hard rock and hair metal of the '80s. This was about getting back to basics and playing loud, dumb and dirty.

More on this story http://warrnambool.yourguide.com.au/blogs/musicology/five-great-grunge-albums/1271234.aspx

President Nicholas succumbs to brolly health and safety

The five Musketeers at Batley Bulldogs are pondering the prospect of a league game in Toulouse next year. Chairman Kevin Nicholas and directors Andy Winner, Ron Earnshaw, John Miller and Paul Hull are brushing up their French accents and have ordered berets, striped jumpers and onions, it will be like Allo, Allo.

Heavyweight Audley Harrison stayed true to form and bored everyone rigid to win on points. I love promoter Frank Warren’s comment: ‘What do Audley and Michael Jackson have in common? They both wear gloves for no reason.’

Full story http://www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/sport/President-Nicholas-succumbs-to-brolly.4484430.jp

Trivial pursuits

Between sipping coffee and nibbling on muffins, groups with such names as Pats of Butter (because we're on a roll) and Trivia Trio put on their game faces recently at High Point Coffee in Germantown for a test to see who knew the most meaningless knowledge.
Called the "Wilde World of Trivia," organizers from the Germantown Community Theatre even threw in an Oscar Wilde multiple choice question.

Marques Brown (left), Chris Tracy and Jenny Smith sing along to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" during the music portion of the Germantown Community Theatre's "Wilde World of Trivia" night at Highpoint Coffee on Poplar near Forest Hill-Irene.

Full story
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/sep/12/trivial-pursuits/

Luke Kenny's career sees revival after Rock On

Luke Kenny's English looks stood as an obstacle in his acting career for almost a decade, but with his immaculate performance in the recent hit Rock On, the actor feels he has been able to draw the director's attention away from his appearance to his art.

He started his career as a solo dancer in 1989 after getting inspired by Michael Jackson and won awards. Later he joined Arshad Warsi's dance team as a chorus dancer and assistant choreographer and worked there from 1990 to 1992.

Full story http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14756792

'America's Got Talent' recap: 4 hours down, 2 to go...

I'm not even going to bother with a witty intro. You know the deal. Final 20, second out of three shows this week. The battle continues. Let's see what happens. To switch it up tonight, Terry Fator gave us a special performance. I can see why he won. Who doesn't love a turtle singing "Let's Get it On"? And his Elvis-impersonating puppet probably had twice as good a voice as Joseph Hall.

SickStep opened the night, and according to Jerry, they "are hip-hop." Because nothing says hip-hop like silver vests and Michael Jackson. After their performance, I may have lost the challenge I posed to myself. I'm not sure if I can make it through the six hours NBC has planned for me this week. Not after Hall's lackluster Vegas-era Elvis performance (see video above).

Full story http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/200...ca's+Got+Talent'+recap:+4+hours+down,+2+to+go...

Emory to Host Tracy Morgan

Comedian Tracy Morgan, former Saturday Night Live cast member and current star in the sitcom 30 Rock, will perform a stand-up act during this year’s Homecoming, which will take place from Sept. 24 to 27.

The Homecoming Ball on Sept. 27 will feature electronic and hip-hop DJ RJD2 and opening act Who’s Bad, a Michael Jackson tribute band, as the opening act. Who’s Bad is a six-member band that performs Michael Jackson’s songs and original choreography.

Full story http://www.emorywheel.com/detail.php?n=25788

DVD REVIEW: James Brown "I Got The Feelin': James Brown In The 60's"

The Godfather Of Soul has rarely been well served when it comes to video evidence of his claim to be "the hardest working man in show business". What little material that has been available commercially has largely consisted of Soul Train performances from the late 70s or concerts from the 80s, both periods when Brown was past both his artistic and commercial peaks. So when Rhino/Shout Factory announced their intention to release a 3 DVD set of James Brown performances from the 60s, one hoped that this might redress this sorry state of affairs. Now that hope has been answered.

I Got The Feelin' not only fulfills its promise of providing us with a musical-visual document of Brown's greatness, it also beautifully explores his cultural impact in the 60s by devoting one disc to a documentary entitled The Night James Brown Saved Boston. This disc, while light on music, explores how James Brown helped keep the streets of Boston quiet the night after Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination by performing a show at the Boston Gardens that was televised live throughout the city (especially amazing given the city's well-documented history of racial divisions). Including interviews with Cornell West, then mayor Kevin White, personal manager Charles Bobbitt, numerous bandmates, as well as others, this documentary outlines the enormous decision Brown faced in going ahead with the concert despite the tragic circumstances. As interesting as this documentary is, however, the musical meat of this 3 DVD set comes with the other two discs. One contains the entire performance, as broadcast on TV (including a test pattern when the signal is briefly lost), of this historic concert. And make no mistake, this is James Brown in his prime, working his band, which included numerous horn players, a string section, even a go-go dancer, into a fever pitch. Brown decided that what the audience needed was not a "tribute" show or anything of that sort. Rather, after a couple of introductory speeches by Boston polticos (including the aforementioned mayor), Brown rips the roof off with a truly incendiary concert. While his "slow ballad" side gets its due with versions of "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" and "Try Me," the inventor of funk held nothing back in his sweat-drenched performances of classics like "I Got You (I Feel Good)," "Please, Please, Please," "I Got The Feelin'", "Cold Sweat," "Ride The Pony," and others.

If you want to know where Michael Jackson, and especially Prince," got their showmanship chops, look no further than the Godfather of Soul, though not even they can match the incredible footspeed displayed by Brown in the dance moves he originated and that are on display here. And the music is, of course, fantastic, including segments where each of the band members gets to "break it down". If that is not enough, the third DVD includes yet another full performance by Brown and band from 1968, this time in front of an adoring Apollo Theater crowd. This performance, once broadcast on TV but then lost for many years (and more roughly shot than the Boston concert), is a more intimate affair, but, unsurprisingly, the funk reigns supreme here, also. The DVD also includes the TV show segments of clips of Brown walking the streets of Harlem, talking with passersby, and just generally extending his goodwill to all. Finally, there are three additional one-song performances pulled from various sources, including part of Brown's set during the TAMI Show movie released in 1965 (it is criminal that the entire 20-minute segment of Brown's performance in this movie, as well as superb performances by the Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, and the Rolling Stones, sits unreleased and locked away in producer Phil Spector's "vault"). In sum, everything here is a treat and vital for any fan of the rock and soul revolution of the 50s and 60s.Combine this with Brown's 20 Greatest Hits CD or his Star Time box-set and one can now experience the full range of Brown's unbelievable talents. Happy viewing to all.

http://www.indy.com/posts/11515

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1986 - Michael Jackson's "Captain Eo" debuted at Disneyland's Journey into Imagination at Epcot Center. The film opened at Disneyland's Magic Eye theater on September 18.

1987 - Michael Jackson began his Bad Tour.

1987 - Michael Jackson's album "Bad" debuted at #1 in the U.K.

1995 - Michael Jackson's maxi single "The Remixes" was released.

1995 - Michael Jackson's "Video Greatest Hits - History" was certified 2 times Platinum.

1997 - Michael Jackson talked about the recent death of Britain's Princess Diana with 20/20'1 Barbara Walters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings The greatest covers of pop's royal family

Wow, there sure has happend alot for Mike this day in his life.

1987 - Michael Jackson began his Bad Tour.

1987 - Michael Jackson's album "Bad" debuted at #1 in the U.K.

Had there only been internet fan forums back then, I think they would have gone cracy this day in 1987.

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings The greatest covers of pop's royal family

not even they can match the incredible footspeed displayed by Brown in the dance moves he originated and that are on display here

michael can and has infront of him

Outrage over prison Halloween party for Britain's most brutal murderesses

London, September 12: A fresh controversy has come to light following the publication of a photograph evidencing that jail chiefs at Holloway Prison in North London secretly threw a horror-themed party for more than 30 murderesses in the run-up to last Halloween.
The picture clicked at the 500-pound party was handed to a British newspaper as disgusted prison officers battled to halt a second being held next month.
It shows some of Britain's most brutal murderesses clad in gruesome costumes and dripping in blood.

Sources have revealed that the prisoners spent the night dancing to songs like Michael Jackson's Thriller and the Monster Mash.

They even revealed that women imprisoned for lesser crimes were NOT invited to the bash, and remained locked in their cells.

"To see 30 of Britain's worst female killers dressed as the Devil with fake blood dripping down their faces was just obscene. These are women who have been given life sentences for some of the most brutal murders of the last decade," British tabloid The Sun quoted a source as saying.
"I can't think of anything more inappropriate. If I was a family member of one of their victims, the fact that parties like this exist would destroy me," the source added.

Shadow Justice Minister Edward Garnier said: "Any family of a victim of one of these people is going to be appalled and disgusted. They expect these people to be sent to prison for life not to be sent to prison to have parties."
Prison officials, however, insist that the "small event" was held at no extra cost to the taxpayer.
A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: "The limited cost was met within the prison's budget and food was prepared by the canteen. Inmates were in bed by the normal time. A decision to hold an event this year has yet to be made."

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/272171.php

:mello:

Village to receive Hollywood star today

The iconic disco group the Village People, known for such hits as “YMCA” and “In the Navy” will receive the 2,369th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today, one day before performing at the Los Angeles County Fair.
The Village People’s distinctions include having both Madonna and Michael Jackson performing as their opening acts.

Their fame led them to star in the 1980 pseudo-biographical film, “Can’t Stop the Music,” along with Steve Guttenberg, Valerie Perrine and Olympic decathlon gold medalist Bruce Jenner, who never made another feature film.
The group is known for its stability.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080912/NEWS01/80912003/-1/newsfront

John McCain - remnant of disco era?

Wasn’t disco already dead in 1982?
A new ad released from the Obama campaign today brings back the early 80s with disco balls, Rubik’s cubes, turntables and a freshman Congressman named John McCain.

What a night
Although 1982 is three years after what some would call a glorious night - the night disco was officially killed at Comiskey Park in Chicago - there are still remnants of that era around (mostly on YouTube) such as:
1. It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls
2. Get Down On It by Kool and the Gang
3. John McCain
Or at least that’s where the new commercial takes you.
The new ad, called “Still,” focuses on the year John McCain was first elected to Washington. Although there are plenty of those currently Congress who were elected way before then - like John Dingell (1955) and Bob Byrd (1959) - the campaign’s strategy in this ad is to say McCain hasn’t changed since 1982.

Three reasons why
Although he probably doesn’t have a framed Asia poster in his Senate office like Steve Carrel did in the “40 Year Old Virgin,” the ad claims three things about the Republican nominee. 1) He doesn’t know how to use a computer or email. 2) Doesn’t understand the economy. 3) Favors two hundred billion in new tax cuts for corporations but almost nothing for the middle class.
And to keep the commercial above board (which of course all campaigns ads are), they cite sources for each of the claims.Then they tie it altogether with a photo of President Bush and John McCain with the voiceover:“After one President who was out of touch, we just can’t afford more of the same.”

Ageism?
The Obama campaign says the ad is not poking fun at McCain’s age but his time in Washington.
“Our economy wouldn’t survive without the Internet, and cyber-security continues to represent one our most serious national security threats,” said an Obama spokesman to Associated Press. “It’s extraordinary that someone who wants to be our president and our commander in chief doesn’t know how to send an e-mail.”

No word if the McCain campaign will release a response ad called “1983″ featuring Michael Jackson’s
Beat It.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/09/12/john-mccain-remnant-of-disco-era/

see, Michael Jackson is talked about in the political news a lot. He's cool like that LOL

Last edited:
Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other stu

thanks for the news

to let you know mariemarie Dorothy ask me to look up news is my job and i send it to Dorothy she ask me to do that kind of news and she post it here :yes: is true :yes: :)

mariemarie you have good weekend :jump: :)

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other stu

thanks for the news

to let you know mariemarie Dorothy ask me to look up news is my job and i send it to Dorothy she ask me to do that kind of news and she post it here :yes: is true :yes: :)
mariemarie you have good weekend :jump: :)
Thats cool, rockstar :flowers:

I had no idea both Michael and Madonna had been opening acts for The Village People, and I was around then. Interesting, is it true? Anybody around that remembers that happening?

though not even they can match the incredible footspeed displayed by Brown in the dance moves he originated and that are on display here.

I can agree to that.

Thanks marie and have a nice weekend.

I had no idea both Michael and Madonna had been opening acts for The Village People, and I was around then. Interesting, is it true? Anybody around that remembers that happening?

I didn't know either. So I looked it up on their official site

First Decade:
Madonna and Joan Rivers are among artists who have appeared as opening acts for Village People in Las Vegas, Madison Square Garden, Japan's Budokan, Sydney's Hordern Pavilion, and Hollywood's Greek Theatre. Even Michael Jackson co-stars with Village People in LA's Palladium.

http://www.officialvillagepeople.com/history.php

I'm guessing it was in the late 70/80's since it's under the category "First decade"

I didn't know either. So I looked it up on their official site

First Decade:
Madonna and Joan Rivers are among artists who have appeared as opening acts for Village People in Las Vegas, Madison Square Garden, Japan's Budokan, Sydney's Hordern Pavilion, and Hollywood's Greek Theatre. Even Michael Jackson co-stars with Village People in LA's Palladium.

http://www.officialvillagepeople.com/history.php

I'm guessing it was in the late 70/80's since it's under the category "First decade"

Thanks for the link. Guess I was too busy with family life, home, work, child, and didn't follow the entertainment world as closely. It's interesting though, there's probably a ton of things I never knew about, despite living in So. Calif. from '78-'98. Now that I have more time on my hands I'm picking up all sorts of interesting facts (maybe not useful), but interesting just the same.:yes:

You're both welcome. Here I found a little something something I thought was a good comment. It's a full interview, but I'm only posting the important stuff, hehe:

Arlington, Va.: Lisa, is there a requirement written into Gordon Ramsey's contract that the words "World Famous Chef" and "Best Chef in the World" must be used a minimum of 10 times during one of his broadcasts?

Lisa de Moraes: And yet, because its being used so often it has become like the show's running joke -- not to mention it's best drinking game -- which I'm guessing is not what Ramsey, or his agent, had in mind. Takes me back to the days when Michael Jackson was so big he could force broadcast networks to call him him "King of Pop" in news releases any time he appeared on their network in any capacity, including news interviews. ....Good times. That Gordon Ramsey -- he's no Michael Jackson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/09/07/DI2008090703020.html

Agreed!! LOL 8)

First Decade:

That was really interesting. I always wanted to know if MJ was ever an opening act for any musical group. Now, I know. Very interesting.

Takes me back to the days when Michael Jackson was so big he could force broadcast networks to call him him "King of Pop" in news releases any time he appeared on their network in any capacity, including news interviews. ....Good times. That Gordon Ramsey -- he's no Michael Jackson.

LOL. That is true but I like Gordon. He knows what he is doing.

not even they can match the incredible footspeed displayed by Brown in the dance moves he originated and that are on display here

michael can and has infront of him

They're just tripping not wanting to give him credit for his talent. He smokes James, no offense, just the truth.

They're just tripping not wanting to give him credit for his talent. He smokes James, no offense, just the truth.

The truth or an opinion? It is really not that serious and to be frank, the review was about James Brown and his impact, not Michael. So, in many ways, they were not trying to give MJ or Prince any credit. They weren't tripping, either. This is not about if James is a better dancer than MJ. It is about this:

though not even they can match the incredible footspeed displayed by Brown in the dance moves he originated and that are on display here

That is what it is about and I agree with what he said. Heck, MJ would agree. MJ and Prince learned showmanship from James Brown, which is a fact. MJ and Prince were heavily influence by James Brown, that is a fact. I do not know or care if MJ is a better dancer than James Brown or not. All I know is all three can dance better than me or you. LOL. I think the fact that you stated that basically MJ will smoked James in the dancefloor shows that you have no respect for the people before Michael or Prince. It is offensive. It shows that you could care less about James Browns's achievements. Everyone knows that no one can match the footspeed of James Brown. No one, not even our beloved Michael. So, please, stop the trippin' and accept the cold hard facts.

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings. Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other st

^ Agreed. It is one click away on youtube.com.

Re: September 12 - 14 News and Mentionings. Great covers of pop's royal family + a bunch of other st

Check out this video that may have inspired Michael Jackson a lot when he was a little kid looking up to one of his biggest influences in his life, James Brown. Lets pay some tribute =)

It's not about who's the better dancer, it's about style. And watching this video, James Brown had tons of it.
You see very clearly that Michael and Prince had James Brown as their mentor of some kind. And especially Prince with his signature move (it's in the end of the video.) It's pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Check out this video that may have inspired Michael Jackson a lot when Michael was a little kid looking up to one of his biggest influences in his life, James Brown. Lets pay some tribute =)

It's not about who's the better dancer, it's about style. And watching this video, James Brown had tons of it.

Thanks for posting, Marie. Great stuff. :) It is all about style at the end of the day. There is none of this competetion type nonsense about MJ being a better dancer than James - what kind of nonsense of ignorance is that? Enough of the negativity. Enjoy great performers like James Brown. :)

Check out this video that may have inspired Michael Jackson a lot when he was a little kid looking up to one of his biggest influences in his life, James Brown. Lets pay some tribute =)

style, class, originality, flare.

you name it, james had it.

Well I'm just saying don't make assumptions about what I have and haven't seen just based on my assertion of talent. I've watched a lot of James Brown, I have several concerts of his and several live performances from various TV shows from the 60s and 70s on tape. He was a really good dancer and I would never say otherwise. But technically, from a technical standpoint and from a versatility stand point, Michael blows him out of the water. That's not to say Michael wasn't heavily influenced by him or that Michael didn't learn anything from him, that's just to say Michael is a superior dancer and I could give a million reasons why.

Well I'm just saying don't make assumptions about what I have and haven't seen just based on my assertion of talent. I've watched a lot of James Brown, I have several concerts of his and several live performances from various TV shows from the 60s and 70s on tape. He was a really good dancer and I would never say otherwise. But technically, from a technical standpoint and from a versatility stand point, Michael blows him out of the water. That's not to say Michael wasn't heavily influenced by him or that Michael didn't learn anything from him, that's just to say Michael is a superior dancer and I could give a million reasons why.

nice opinion...

I prefer mine though.

Well what is it, exactly? I'm just saying, based on general standards used to judge dancing on a technical level, Michael is better then James. You may like James more, but he's technically not as good.

It's not about who's the better dancer.

sums up my feelings about this pretty well.

I think they are both fantastic , in there own right.

=)

Well okay, that's fine. James Brown was an incredible performer, don't get me wrong, he just set the stage on fire and he's the only live performer I would put on Michael's level. I'm just talking about the individual talent of dancing. Michael's the greatest natural dancer I've ever seen. I've never seen anyone with such lightening speed who at the same time had the cleanist lines ever and the most seamless connection of steps.

Sidewalk: I love your comments on this thread. I agree with what you stated. Mike, Prince, and James are great in their own way. Simple as that. A person reviewed a DVD about James Brown and stated what he/she had to state. There was no need to compare James to MJ and then say that MJ is a better dancer than James. No need. (Not saying that you even said that Sidewalk.)

I've watched a lot of James Brown, I have several concerts of his and several live performances from various TV shows from the 60s and 70s on tape. He was a really good dancer and I would never say otherwise. But technically, from a technical standpoint and from a versatility stand point, Michael blows him out of the water.

Bolded part: Then why didnt you say that initially? You made it seem as though Michael was a better dancer than James and you made that the truth instead of an opinion. James Brown was not a good dancer, he was a GREAT dancer.

I prefer mine though

:) Great comeback.

---------------------------------------------
ARTICLE ON IMPERSONATOR NAVI

Metro.co.uk has published an interesting article on famous Michael Jackson lookalike Navi.

Click on the link below to read the article:-
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article..._article_id=298559&in_page_id=34&in_a_source=

----------------------------------------
THE MICHAEL JACKSON PROJECT EVENT – VENUE CHANGE

Due to phenomenal demand there will be a venue change of The Michael Jackson Project taking place in Dublin, Ireland on November 15, 2008. The venue will be Andrews Lane Theatre (instead of The Village).

We have been asked to inform all fans who already purchased tickets that these tickets are still valid at the new venue.

All other details remain the same with regards to the show and ticket booking info.
The Michael Jackson Project pays tribute to the world’s greatest entertainer in a two and a half-hour song and dance spectacular. It will feature the talents of world-renowned impersonator Navi, the world’s No 1 Michael Jackson impersonator, Danny Oliver, BACK STREET Dance Group and Declan Kiely, and many more.

Click on the link below for more information:-
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1232&Itemid=93

Last edited by a moderator:

Where did you get this information from rockstar? As I was last notified Raymone Bain doesn't work for Micahel any longer (at least that is what I know)

there is no link to this o.k

-----------------------------------
UPDATE ON BILLBOARD AD

Ms Bain confirmed to MJ50th.com she has forwarded the Billboard Magazine AD to Mr. Jackson. Her first comment was: ‘The ad is great! [..] This is sooo nice. [..] I will forward it to Mr. Jackson.’

We wanted to show the entire music industry that we friends and fans of Michael are still here and honoring him as the one and only King of Pop, Rock and Soul. Thus, we took out a full page ad in Billboard Magazine in celebration of Michael Jackson`s 50th birthday!

---------------------------------------------

Please provide the link to these stories otherwise they will be deleted:

IRISH CHART UPDATE

‘Thriller’ drops 23 places to #72 in the Irish Album Chart this week.

-------------------------------------------
GLOBAL CHART UPDATE

According to Global Track Chart, the official global hitlist compiled and provided by Media Traffic, ‘King Of Pop’ album rises 4 places #24 in the Global Album Chart this week with sales of more than 48,000.

The album has now sold more than 91,000 copies.

UPDATE ON BILLBOARD AD

Ms Bain confirmed to MJ50th.com she has forwarded the Billboard Magazine AD to Mr. Jackson. Her first comment was: ‘The ad is great! [..] This is sooo nice. [..] I will forward it to Mr. Jackson.’

We wanted to show the entire music industry that we friends and fans of Michael are still here and honoring him as the one and only King of Pop, Rock and Soul. Thus, we took out a full page ad in Billboard Magazine in celebration of Michael Jackson`s 50th birthday

Back