My World: The Official Photobook: Vol. 1

Franniiv3

Proud Member
Hey guys, does anyone have this book? I noticed this on Amazon a couple of months ago, I didn't get it when it came out and it's proper expensive now. From what I read is inside and from the cover it sounds like a wonderful book, nearly 30 years worth of high quality photos , passages and lyrics. I bet it's pretty big too with really high quality paper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-World-Of...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221413534&sr=1-1

I have it :yes:

The pics are wonderful and I like having it as a part of my collection
But after I got it I heard that it wasn't really released by MJ. Like, I heard it's official but MJ didn't have anything to do with it or something?????
I don't really know though. It's a great collectors item. I had to order mine from overseas and it took like 2 months to be delivered!!! Plus with the shipping and handling it costed me about $45 (u.s.) !!!! :( I think i got mine last year

This book is amazing, its a bargain at £89.99 in my view as it goes for way more on ebay

£89.99 a bargain, yeah right. It's like $160 without Postage and packing. I saw another listing a few weeks ago for it at about £65, about $115, but that's really expensive for a book, considering it cost alot less when new.
I hate when they make these super limited pressings of things as they become so expensive, I thought it'd be like the 'Dancing The Dream' book, which is over 15 years old and you can get for way less than RRP nowadays, but I guess that wasn't so Limited as it clearly not so rare.

Last edited:
omg:wild:I wish I had that.....

On amazonUK its like 90 pounds but on the US amazon it like $370...that stinks:(

Does anyone know another store that might sell this....like a bookstore or something?

:bugeyed^^^^AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's alot of money!!!!! I got mine only last year for about $25 (not incuding postage as I mentioned earlier...)
That's CRAAAAZYYYYY!!!! geez! I thought I was paying alot :no:

:bugeyed^^^^AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's alot of money!!!!! I got mine only last year for about $25 (not incuding postage as I mentioned earlier...)
That's CRAAAAZYYYYY!!!! geez! I thought I was paying alot :no:

I know, I can't believe someone said that $160 were a bargain. I so wished I had looked out for this when it came out, it's not even old. How much does it say the RRP is inside the book?

yeah I looked on Ebay for the book also, but no one is selling one at the moment....the only one I can find is on amazon...and I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for a book:no:

I know, I can't believe someone said that $160 were a bargain. I so wished I had looked out for this when it came out, it's not even old. How much does it say the RRP is inside the book?
Hmmm...two things
1- I have no idea what RRP is!!! HAHA :hysterical:
2- I'm on campus and I left the book at home, but I'd be more than happy to look for you whenever I decide to venture home :yes:

^^GOOD LUCK!!! I cant believe the seller is selling it so cheap!!!!!!

Okay thought I'd share my thoughts on this book... I ordered it in September but had it sent home as I've been at Uni and well am visiting my rents. Anyways am pretty disappointed to be honest 25 pounds on this, hmm don't get me wrong it's nice but not worth the hype I'd read about it.

For a start it's much smaller than I thought, not much bigger than A4. I expected it to have the 56 pages as described on Amazon which isn't bad. But most of the photo's I'd seen before, I can see how it wasn't approved by Michael as it seems like an advert for the lithograph's for the lyrics! As at the bottom of every page of 'excepts' not even full lyrics from the songs, it says if you want to buy the lithograph email this address... It just seem pretty cheap for an Official MJ book. Maybe I was expecting too much for the splendour of Dancing The Dream?

For this it's definitely a book not to be judged by its cover as the cover makes it look wonderful, the cover photo the fonts all look professional. The spine doesn't even have any text printed on it, which is odd.

Ah well am still glad that I have it it's a nice book=) Lv Francis x

yeah- it aint nothing to scream about. The pics are really profesional, and I just like having it for my collection :yes:

what do you guys think of the pic of him during wanna be startin soemethin' ?

you know the one i mean lol

I got two copies of the book.
A hardcover and a soft glossy cover one.

I'm thinking of selling the glossy one.
I might put it up on eBay soon.

Last edited:
Back