Looking for Stevie Wonder quote

analogue

Proud Member
After Eminem made fun of MJ Stevie Wonder came to MJ's defense. Does anyone have the quote from Stevie talking about the whole Eminem issue? Thanks

google's your friend, mate.

Stevie Wonder bashes Eminem for Jackson criticism

December 06, 2004 - 2.30pm

In a rare public outburst, Stevie Wonder has blasted Eminem for ridiculing Michael Jackson in a video, and suggested the rapper was hypocritical because he owed his success to poor and black people.

steviewonder01.jpg

Jackson himself has already lambasted Eminem’s video for the song "Just Lose It", which makes light of child molestation charges against the self-styled "King of Pop."

Wonder joined the fray by telling Billboard magazine that he was "really disappointed" in Eminem.

"Kicking someone when he’s down is not a good thing," Wonder was quoted as telling the music industry trade publication. "I have much respect for his work, though I don’t think he’s as good as (late rapper) 2Pac. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Added Wonder, "He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of colour. So for him to come out like that is bull----."

A spokesman for Eminem was not available for comment. The song, hailed by the Los Angeles Times as a "playful look at celebrity voyeurism," is expected to be among the nominees when contenders for the annual Grammy Awards are unveiled on Tuesday.

- REUTERS​

Well if Eminem doesn’t have any respect to his own mother then who he will respect!

Stevie Wonder is amazing ... he is the man.

Does anyone remember when Geraldo Rivera interviewed Michael in Neverland during the wake of the whole trial, and they talked about this. Michael quoted Stevie and said it was "bull s**t". Thought it was pretty awesome that Michael said it too!

You can probably watch the video on Jetzi's site. That's where I saw it.

Stevie often cusses.

Listen to "Rocket Love" on Youtube...

"You took me riding in your rocket,
gave me a star
But at a half a mile from heaven
You drop my black ass down to this cold, cold world..."

On the live version of Superwoman:

"Spring will fill the air,
You will bring your black ass 'round"

On the live versions of "I Wish"
"Sneakin' out the backdoor to hang out with those hoodlum friends of mine..
Greeted at the back door with "Boy, thought I told you not to take your black ass outside".

On the live version of "Higher Ground":
"Don't you let nobody take you to some bullsh*t level...
Just keep on keep on keepin on 'til you reach the Higher Ground"

And the list goes on. I would love another collab between the two.

On the Classic Albums episode remembering "Songs In The Key Of Life", Stevie messes up a take and says "If I mess up again, I'll kick my own ask me no questions...".. Nothing new, but it was funny hearing him say it.

GO STEVIE! GO STEVIE! GO STEVIE!!!!!!
:yes:

awwww! I looove me some Stevie Wonder

Stevie normally does cuss.

In "Music of My Mind", Stevie said this at the end of "Sweet Little Girl":

"Don't make me get MAD and act like a n***a!" :lol:

Yeah, I was letdown a great deal at first too. Then I became a bigger fan of both of them and realized that they don't need to make a Grammy-worthy duet. They ("Just Good Friends" and "Get It") were both just fun, funky tracks. I don't think I made it through "Get It" for the first two or three years it was on my iPod, then one day it just clicked with me.

They aren't songs for everyone.

Last edited:
If Stevie would write Michael another song like Can't help it I could die a happy woman. That's easily one of the best tracks of MJ's career and a bona fide classic.

^^^*SIGH*
I cant help it if i wanted to i wouldnt help it even if i could

Stevie ain't playin, he's being real. How true the words are! Go Stevie!

I heard about his defense before, but this is the first time I get to read what he actually said. Thanx for the quote arXter.

Stevie doing "Get It" with his backup singer Keith John dressed as MJ :lol:

Keith John is a tremendous talent (he does backup on tons of Stevie tracks and has toured with him for nearly 25 years), but why the MJ look???

Stevie is real and he don't play and will get in your ass. MJ speaks his mind as well.trailor park trash like Eminem had it coming to him big time.

Stevie is really cool...My sister and I just saw him in a concert two days ago. It´s good to hear that he defended MJ.

"Kicking someone when he’s down is not a good thing," Wonder was quoted as telling the music industry trade publication. "I have much respect for his work, though I don’t think he’s as good as (late rapper) 2Pac. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Added Wonder, "He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of colour. So for him to come out like that is bull----."

GOOOOOOOOOO STEVIE!!! :D

Stevie doing "Get It" with his backup singer Keith John dressed as MJ :lol:

Keith John is a tremendous talent (he does backup on tons of Stevie tracks and has toured with him for nearly 25 years), but why the MJ look???
everybody almost back then was rocking MJ's look from head to toe. Keith John is talented.

He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of colour. So for him to come out like that is bull----.

^what did he mean by this exactly?

Back