Quincy Jones or Teddy Riley

Which producer do think MJ would the best with?

• Quincy Jones

Votes: 111 64.5%
  • Teddy Riley

Votes: 61 35.5%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
Overall which producer do you think has been the best for MJ?

Last edited:
Who knows. I really can't say.

I mean, how long ago has it been since he has worked with either of them?

Sorry there was a bit of an era in my question. I corrected it now in my first post

no logical comparison here. Mike wanted a different approach, and he got it.

QUINCY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tee hee hee....sorry, I just looooove me some Q!lol

Quincy Jones is by far the best producer Michael's ever worked with. His knowledge of music is so wide, and he's able to adapt to any genre that he could give Michael the production to any sound Michael wanted. Just like George Martin who like Quincy wasn't actually a pop music producer could give The Beatles any sound they wanted through a huge knowledge of music.

After Quincy, Teddy Riley is the best producer Michael has worked with and they have created some classic songs in collaboration.

there's no doubt that Quincy is a far more fluent, prolific and versatile musician, but with regards to their work with Michael, it's so different i really do think it's incomparable.

Mike matured a lot after his work with Q (especially on a technical level), and used the one-dimensional Riley more as a tool to extract the best from - but at the same time, the genius of Dangerous wouldn't have worked without Teddy's input. both him and Mike wanted a completely different approach* to that of the past, and about the only thing they kept were 80s-Michael/Q's trademark string section.

i think more importantly, the roles of a Pop producer were being redefined by that period. you look at the credits and Riley is heavily associated with composition in most of them, even engineering. Quincy served as a more classic producer in terms of overlooking the recording process, lending expertise in arrangement and handling executive production.

i think they're too different to have an objective comparison.

* '92 interview with Riley.

En Vogue says "you ain't ever gonna get it".

We won't get another Don't Stop... like we won't get another Jam. It's time for change to come as my boy Barack said so passionately. ^_^

I was never really into New Jack Swing (which all sounded alike to me and didn't age well), so Quincy is definitely it. When New Jack became popular I didn't listen to R&B.

Dangerous is my favorite MJ album by far, the beats brought out the best in MJ's trademark grunts, layered background vocals, etc. They are two very different producers, but if I had to choose, I'd go for another Dangerous than Thriller or Off The Wall, no matter how much I love those albums.

Teddy riley by a mile. Quincy gets way too much credit. He was very usefull on off the wall, but thats pretty much it. Thriller credit should be given to michael, rod temperton and bruce sweedien Michael wrote like nearlly all the songs on bad, and worked with a few outside writers. Teddy came in straight away with some demos that made nearly half of dangerous, Quincy is really showing all his genius nowadays isnt he, whats he done since michael, hmmm practically nothing and failed on countless solo album attempts............

Don't really like Teddy Riley, far too one-dimensional. Half of the Dangerous sounds the same. I reckon if Michael was without him he could have sold 50-60 million copies by now

I think, it is "Quincy Jones". However, I do not have knowledge about the music business. The truth is not unders
本当にマイケルの事を一人の人間として大切に思っていたのは誰なのか?
家族でさえ、時には敵になる。 人間社会は複雑すぎる。

Teddy riley by a mile. Quincy gets way too much credit. He was very usefull on off the wall, but thats pretty much it. Thriller credit should be given to michael, rod temperton and bruce sweedien Michael wrote like nearlly all the songs on bad, and worked with a few outside writers. Teddy came in straight away with some demos that made nearly half of dangerous, Quincy is really showing all his genius nowadays isnt he, whats he done since michael, hmmm practically nothing and failed on countless solo album attempts............

I for one was glad after the change. I don't see how Michael would have kept it up with Jones. I think it was good that Riley came in, he needed to grow, develop- and he did.

Back