October 9, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good morning peoples :yes: Let me go see if there is anything MJish this morning...

Already off the back I see a bunch more articles about MJ being out with his children - again please remember that we do not allow the pictures of Michael's children or the links that lead to the pictures to be posted on MJJC.

Goes to look for more news...

Slim pickens today only a mayor :lol:

mayor as Michael Jackson?

Larry Kolvoord
AMERICAN-STATESMAN
(enlarge photo)
Austin Mayor Will Wynn, center, is joined by other Michael Jackson fans as he performs Wednesday at City Hall to Jackson's 1983 music video 'Thriller.' The other zombie dancers are Danny Herman, Henri Mazza and Bianca Taulman. View more photos and video from the event at austin360.com/music.

Big thrill at City Hall
Even without the Michael Jackson moonwalk, Mayor Will Wynn busted some impressive zombie moves in front of City Hall on Wednesday, dancing to the King of Pop's "Thriller."
The stunt, complete with backup dancers from the Alamo Drafthouse and Ballet Austin, paid homage to the 1983 album "Thriller" and promoted the "Thrill the World" event to be held this month.
Wynn, who was a junior in college when "Thriller" was released, said he practiced in his office beforehand for about 10 minutes. His attempts to recruit City Manager Marc Ott and other council members were unsuccessful, Wynn said.
The Thrill the World dance will begin locally at 1 p.m. on Oct. 25 on the lawn of the Long Center, with a reprise during the Day of the Dead Procession down Sixth Street on Nov. 1.
For more information, go to www.thrilltheworldaustin.com.

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1970 - The Jackson 5 began a five-city East Coast tour at the Boston Garden in Boston, MA.

1998 - The BPI certifed the album "Janet Jackson" double platinum.

2001 - Quincy Jones' autobiography was released. In the book Jones describes his work with Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
There's very little news today because he's at home chillin' with his comic books :D

There's very little news today because he's at home chillin' with his comic books :D

HA!! thats probably true,
I have a lovely image in my head of Michael and his kids chillin' and reading his comics:yes:
Thanks for todays news thread Shannon

There wasn't even a woman with them in the pics, except the store clerk! That article is bogus! :lol:

I think they are a little confused :smilerolleyes:
I believe Halima Rashid is Jermaines wife
wow what a blunder :doh:

HA!! thats probably true,
I have a lovely image in my head of Michael and his kids chillin' and reading his comics:yes:
Thanks for todays news thread Shannon

For some reason this image just came to mind

Kids: ''Daddy can we read one of the comics?''
Michael: ''No go away, thier mine! Get your own!''

Michael hogging the comics would be so funny to me lol

2001 - Quincy Jones' autobiography was released. In the book Jones describes his work with Michael Jackson.

Speaking of which, Quincy is releasing another book in November. I forgot what the book will be about.

Jackson currently lives in Las Vegas with his wife Halima Rashid and three

Sorry to huff and puff but why can people read the article before posting the article on the news thread? I mean, it is really that simple. Since when did tabloids become news? MJ does not have a wife. That woman is Jermaine's wife.

His son Prince Michael, 11, was accompanied by his 10-year-old sister Paris, who was wearing a red shirt and black trousers and showed her face to read through some of the comics.

What about Blanklet? See what I mean? These tabliod "articles" should not be posted on this thread. They intentionally leave out facts and make up stories around it.

Anyway, thanks for posting the news, Shannon.

Speaking of which, Quincy is releasing another book in November. I forgot what the book will be about.

Sorry to huff and puff but why can people read the article before posting the article on the news thread? I mean, it is really that simple. Since when did tabloids become news? MJ does not have a wife. That woman is Jermaine's wife.

What about Blanklet? See what I mean? These tabliod "articles" should not be posted on this thread. They intentionally leave out facts and make up stories around it.

Anyway, thanks for posting the news, Shannon.

I totally agree with you Bee! :D

I watched Tyra today and she did an show all about Janet on tour. The part where Tyra and Janet were in the bed together (don't ask) she mentioned that MJ turned 50. Janet was like, "you mean, Mike?" Tyra was like, "yeah." Then Tyra tells Janet that she was in the "Black and White" video and Janet was stunned by that because she didn't know that Tyra was in her video. Tyra said that she was 17 years old when she did the video and she said that she was cherographed to do the dance move and she did it all wrong. LOL. Anyway, Tyra told Janet how she was lying to her friends telling them that she was hanging out with Mike and what she did with Mike in the video. It was cute. Janet seemed shocked that she didn't know that Tyra was in one of Mike's videos. You would think that Janet would know, you know. LOL. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you guys.

i don't know if anyone his post this or not i'm sorry

here is website:http://www.nationnews.com/editorial/302691253883447.php

Attacking our black leaders
Published on: 10/9/08.

WITH THE RECENT ATTACKS on several prominent black personalities in the United States, I have stopped to ask myself: "Is there a deliberate campaign to eliminate the rise of black leadership, regardless of status or fame?"

In 1967, J. Edgar Hoover issued a memorandum from the FBI field office that outlined five main points. Of those five, the most important to keep in mind was the statement, "prevent the rise of a messiah who could unify and electrify the militant nationalist movement . . . Martin Luther King, Stokely Carmichael and Elijah Muhammad all aspire to this position . . ."

This memorandum was in response to the rise of the Black Panthers and other black nationalists groups that were becoming a dominant force in the civil rights movement of the 1960s.

To research such a topic all one needs to do is refer to http://www.icdc.com/-paulwolf/cointelpro/churchfunalreportIIIc.htm or do a search on "Black Messiah" and "Hoover" on google.com

Forty or so years later, we see that charges have been brought against prominent black men like Wesley Snipes, R. Kelly, Snoop Dogg and Michael Jackson.

Not necessarily positive role models, you say. How about the allegations of infidelity brought against clean-cut examples of black leadership like Jesse Jackson and Bill Cosby?

Marcus Garvey was an early 20th Century advocate of leadership exemplified. On the other hand, the "establishment" of the time was successful in destroying the "Back to Africa" movement, and the Black Star Line Corporation, and deporting Garvey from the United States on false charges of tax evasion.

After Garvey came the Honourable Elijah Muhammad who established the Nation of Islam, an organisation that brought discipline and economic power to the communities of black people world-wide. On the other hand, his image and his life's work were tainted and discredited in the movie Malcolm X.

At the time of writing, the most prominent example of black leadership being attacked for their works even more than their fame is Dr Malachi Z. York.

Dr York has instilled in black people the knowledge of their true culture, language, and sense of self and has written more than 400 books on black history and spirituality.

York has been sentenced unjustly to 135 years for child molestation that have not been substantiated by any witnesses. In addition, no physical evidence was presented at trial to back up any of the charges. It has been clearly shown that Malachi York should have been exonerated of all charges against him and granted freedom on the basis of a mistrial.

It seems to be the new trend of the "establishment" to assassinate the characters of black leaders by depicting anybody who rises to a position of prominence, as a child molester, womaniser or thug.

This approach seems to be most effective because discrediting one's character publicly is more damaging at times than physical assassination.

In these end times as in the time of Herod, maybe there is a fear on the part of the "establishment", that the time is now for the coming of a messiah (Revelation 1:13-15).

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an interesting article but I had to make a point here:

Not necessarily positive role models, you say

So, Michael Jackson is not a positive role model because???? This is a man who has given his all to people, helped people, saved people's lives, cared for others. However, him being falsely accused of some B.S. doesn't make him a positive role model? What the hell does it have to do with the main point of the article? Snoop Dogg also has give back and helped the community as well. It doesn't matter if the role model is positive or not, it matters that these men are black, successful and their reputations are being ruined by some laughable bullish. (Except R. Kelly)

York has been sentenced unjustly to 135 years for child molestation that have not been substantiated by any witnesses. In addition, no physical evidence was presented at trial to back up any of the charges. It has been clearly shown that Malachi York should have been exonerated of all charges against him and granted freedom on the basis of a mistrial.

Damn. I do not know about you guys, but when I was read this part, I was like "thank god that it didn't happened to Michael." I have always believed that once someone who is black make it real big, someone or some people are going to either find something bad about them or make up someone bad about them it ruin them.

WITH THE RECENT ATTACKS on several prominent black personalities in the United States, I have stopped to ask myself: "Is there a deliberate campaign to eliminate the rise of black leadership, regardless of status or fame?"

In 1967, J. Edgar Hoover issued a memorandum from the FBI field office that outlined five main points. Of those five, the most important to keep in mind was the statement, "prevent the rise of a messiah who could unify and electrify the militant nationalist movement . . . Martin Luther King, Stokely Carmichael and Elijah Muhammad all aspire to this position . . ."

This memorandum was in response to the rise of the Black Panthers and other black nationalists groups that were becoming a dominant force in the civil rights movement of the 1960s.

To research such a topic all one needs to do is refer to http://www.icdc.com/-paulwolf/cointelpro/churchfunalreportIIIc.htm or do a search on "Black Messiah" and "Hoover" on google.com

Forty or so years later, we see that charges have been brought against prominent black men like Wesley Snipes, R. Kelly, Snoop Dogg and Michael Jackson.

Not necessarily positive role models, you say. How about the allegations of infidelity brought against clean-cut examples of black leadership like Jesse Jackson and Bill Cosby?

Marcus Garvey was an early 20th Century advocate of leadership exemplified. On the other hand, the "establishment" of the time was successful in destroying the "Back to Africa" movement, and the Black Star Line Corporation, and deporting Garvey from the United States on false charges of tax evasion.

After Garvey came the Honourable Elijah Muhammad who established the Nation of Islam, an organisation that brought discipline and economic power to the communities of black people world-wide. On the other hand, his image and his life's work were tainted and discredited in the movie Malcolm X.

At the time of writing, the most prominent example of black leadership being attacked for their works even more than their fame is Dr Malachi Z. York.

Dr York has instilled in black people the knowledge of their true culture, language, and sense of self and has written more than 400 books on black history and spirituality.

It seems to be the new trend of the "establishment" to assassinate the characters of black leaders by depicting anybody who rises to a position of prominence, as a child molester, womaniser or thug.

This approach seems to be most effective because discrediting one's character publicly is more damaging at times than physical assassination.

In these end times as in the time of Herod, maybe there is a fear on the part of the "establishment", that the time is now for the coming of a messiah (Revelation 1:13-15).

With no disrespect to anyone, why is it ... even throughout history, that we as a society must always focus on the "Black or White "issues...? What people as a "whole" (Black, White, Green or Blue, Rich, Poor, Catholic, Jehovah, Muslim, Jewish ect.) need to focus our energy on is that we are ALL human beings, should always try to treat each other equally, always with respect, and with the utmost admiration for what each and everyone of us contribute/bring to the plate...

Golly Gee Willickers...Let's help focus on helping to Heal The World~~~not help stiffle it..!

Last edited:
Good morning peoples :yes: Let me go see if there is anything MJish this morning...

mayor as Michael Jackson?

Austin Mayor Will Wynn, center, is joined by other Michael Jackson fans as he performs Wednesday at City Hall to Jackson's 1983 music video 'Thriller.' The other zombie dancers are Danny Herman, Henri Mazza and Bianca Taulman. View more photos and video from the event at austin360.com/music.

[/SIZE]

Hey, they just showed him dancing on the tv-news! Was pretty positive.

love the new pictures of the children :D
-haha. They probaly chillin' at home with the comics! :D

and welcome to rumorvill for today... they never stop..

thanks for the mentionings and articles.. :) I always appreciate the time set out for it

Thank you for posting ;)

info from lesliemj.hu. from a search seems this guy is involved alot in settling cases before they reach court
-----------------------------
Recent updates about the Bahrain case:

David Waldron was recently instructed to defend Michael Jackson in this significant case brought by a member of the Bahrain royal family.

Bejegyezte: LeslieMJHu dátum

i'm sorry of i post this you can take it off :)

here is website:http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2008/10/all_she_wants_to_do_is_dance.html

All she wants to do is dance
by Jay Lustig/The Star-Ledger
Thursday October 09, 2008, 1:51 PM

large_janet_Johndarch.jpg

Janet Jackson admits that touring for the first time in seven years has been a strain. "I think the toughest thing is ... "when you're really trying to get your endurance up."

Janet Jackson, with L.L. Cool J opening. Where and when: 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17, Izod Center, East Rutherford; 8 p.m. Nov. 1, Madison Square Garden, New York.
How much: $46.75-$126.75 in East Rutherford; $59.75-$154.75 in New York

Call (201) 507-8900 or visit ticketmaster.com

Janet Jackson's February album "Discipline" reaffirmed her affection for dance music, and she stays in nearly constant motion during her current "Rock Witchu Tour."

"Dance is my thing," Jackson said in a Sept. 18 phone interview with a group of reporters. "I love dance, I love dance music.

"I know with this album there are certain people that didn't like the direction I took, within the (record) company ... They wanted me to take another route -- a much calmer, kind of a Sade-ish route. I think that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that if you put a song or two or three on the album, which I've done in the past. But to do a whole album like that? I'm not ready for that just yet."

Jackson, 42, kicked off the tour Sept. 10 and presented seven shows before postponing five, citing an unspecified illness. The tour relaunches Saturday at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., and comes to the Izod Center in East Rutherford on Oct. 17, and Madison Square Garden in New York on Nov. 1. The Garden show was rescheduled from Oct. 16.

This is Jackson's first tour in seven years, and she admitted it has been a physical strain.

"I think the toughest thing is in the beginning, when you're really trying to get your endurance up," she said. "It's a little over two hours -- the show -- and like I said, the whole show, for the most part, is dance."

It's also, for the most part, hits. She has only been performing about five numbers from "Discipline" each night, devoting most of the setlists to more familiar songs like "What Have You Done For Me Lately," "Nasty," "Escapade," "Black Cat" and "Rhythm Nation."

Jackson said that when she was young, she went to a concert by one of her favorite groups (she declined to identify it) and was disappointed when they bypassed certain hits in favor of songs from a new project. She vowed to herself "I'm never going to do that," she said.

The youngest of Michael Jackson's eight siblings, she released her first album in 1982, at the age of 16. She broke through with "Control" in 1986 and peaked commercially with 1989's "Rhythm Nation 1814" and 1993's "janet.," which sold more than six million copies apiece.

Her last album to pass the two-million mark was 2001's "All For You." Her three releases since 2004 (also the year of the infamous Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction" incident) have been relative disappointments.

Of course, many veteran artists are in similar situations. Due to internet file-sharing and other factors, CD sales are just a shadow of what they used to be.

Jackson left Island Def Jam, the record label that released "Discipline," on Sept. 22, just seven months after the album came out. A statement released by her publicist declared Jackson now will "have autonomy over her career, without the restrictions of a label system."

Yet Jackson remains optimistic about the music industry as a whole. "It'll turn around," she said. "I think they just have to figure out what the issue really is. I don't think they are really understanding what's really going on. And then, once they do, someone's going crack the code."

She has other creative outlets, of course. She has acted occasionally, and said she still has a passion for that art form. She talked about the upcoming debut of her lingerie line Pleasure Principle (named after one of her songs), and "getting more behind the scenes in film and television."

"I'm not old," she said, "but I've been at it for a very long time and not a lot of people get to that point. I'm just thankful that God has allowed me to do what I've done."

I watched Tyra today and she did an show all about Janet on tour. The part where Tyra and Janet were in the bed together (don't ask) she mentioned that MJ turned 50. Janet was like, "you mean, Mike?" Tyra was like, "yeah." Then Tyra tells Janet that she was in the "Black and White" video and Janet was stunned by that because she didn't know that Tyra was in her video. Tyra said that she was 17 years old when she did the video and she said that she was cherographed to do the dance move and she did it all wrong. LOL. Anyway, Tyra told Janet how she was lying to her friends telling them that she was hanging out with Mike and what she did with Mike in the video. It was cute. Janet seemed shocked that she didn't know that Tyra was in one of Mike's videos. You would think that Janet would know, you know. LOL. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you guys.

I just saw this episode too and was quite amazed that janet did'nt know that Tyra actually appeared in the video? Wonder how much more Janet does'nt know?:mello:

ExoticPrincess i watch the tyra show too it was funny and it was amazing but i didn't understand why they got in bed together :lol:

but it was good show :) :bow:

i sorry if anyone post this or not

yeah i found new news of janet jackson :) :jump: :bow:

here is website:http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/well-again jackson is back on the road_1083104

JANET JACKSON - WELL-AGAIN JACKSON IS BACK ON THE ROAD

JANET JACKSON has beaten her health scare and will be back onstage this weekend (11Oct08), according to bosses of her Rock Witchu tour.
The superstar has cancelled a string of gigs across the U.S. because of a mystery illness that hospitalised her in Montreal, Canada on 29 September (08).
But she's fighting fit and back on the road, according to heads of promoter Live Nation - who insist her first performance back will be on Saturday in Uncasville, Connecticut.
A statement from Live Nation reads, "Janet, who has been under her doctor's care and recuperating over the last week, is excited about getting back on the road and again being able to share with her fans what she feels is one of her best stage shows ever."
On Wednesday (8Oct08), the singer's brother Randy was forced to deny he had revealed Jackson is suffering from vertigo - after an imposter made the claims on a Michael Jackson fansite.

LMFAO I saw that Mayor thingy on the local news this morning. :hysterical:!! They were all discussing it. Seriously I was laughing so hard, cause one of the Trafficguy (Ken).. he was all dancing, and the others (the 2 hosts, and weather lady) were all like "Yeeeaah, you should dance Ken!" All reassuring him.. and Ken did some Thriller moves like the up and down thingy, and when it was time for his report.. he bunny hopped to his section of the set, and then reported the traffic. But omfg, sometimes I couldn't watch cause they were doing some of the dancing wrong. :bugeyed:!!

:mello::lmao:

They kept playing MJ's song Thriller throughout the whole show too. :) I was happy.

Back