October 13-14, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Hey everyone I just got online and noticed there wasn't a news thread for today. I do want to apologize for that and in doing so I am making a thread for some of today's mentionings and will make this into tomorrow's thread also.

*Mods & news staff please leave this thread combined and when tomorrow's mentionings needs to be put up please post it here as I am combine today's news and tomorrow's news here as well. *

Michael Jackson Mentionings for October 13, 2008:

Does anyone remember the "Brady Bunch" show back in the 70's? Well Marcia from that show has written an all tell book has stated on her book she and Michael had went out on a couple of dates. Here is what she has to say:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gH3YhgKODjE0NWktE8bQS9LkdThQD93PSTMG0

McCormick tells all about `Brady,' drug addiction

Fans of "The Brady Bunch" know Maureen McCormick as Marcia Brady, the wholesome older sister on the classic sitcom about a blended family. But in her new memoir, "Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice," the actress writes of her romance with TV sibling Barry Williams, who played Greg Brady, dates with Michael Jackson and Steve Martin, and her many addictions.

Now 52, McCormick — who endured a battle with drug addiction and depression — also discusses her dates with Martin and Jackson. It was several years after "The Brady Bunch" ended that McCormick went out with Martin, who had asked for the actress' phone number through friend Chevy Chase.

McCormick's time with Jackson was innocent. They met while she was starring on "Brady" and he was part of the Jackson 5.
"Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink," the book recalls. "I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn't. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/13/sports/FBN-Complacent-Redskins.php

Jim Zorn produced another of those priceless visual moments that have become standard at his weekly news conferences. The Washington Redskins coach lifted his shoulders and began strutting in place — maybe a hint of a Michael Jackson moonwalk? — to emphasize his point.

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/10/att-outs-the-fi.html

Oh the memories. I remember my first Walkman device (it played cassette tapes) and being able to walk around while jamming to Journey, The Eagles and yes... I'm man enough to admit it: Michael Jackson. Mobile music certainly put a spring in my step back then. Now that we're in the 21st century, the venerable Walkman lives on, but with more bells and whistles

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/Zubo/review.asp?c=9393

If Michael Jackson's music videos of the late '80s have taught us anything, it's that the world would be a much better place if conflicts were sorted out by dance-offs rather than, y'know, knives and bombs and stuff. Watching a couple of mean gangsters pirouetting around each other is far more civilised (and amusing) than seeing them knee one another in the knackers.

Michael Jackson HIStory for October 13, 2008:

1979 - Michael Jackson's single "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" hit #1 in the U.S. and #3 in the U.K.

1995 - Michael Jackson's single "You Are Not Alone" was certified Gold and Platinum.

McCormick's time with Jackson was innocent. They met while she was starring on "Brady" and he was part of the Jackson 5.
"Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink," the book recalls. "I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn't. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek."

Cute.

I hope Maureen and MJ had a lot of fun on their date( during the Jackson 5 and her Brady bunch time i mean) awww how cute!:)

Aww-ness. I heard that she was gonna talk about Michael this morning and then I found out that she was going to be on the Today show. I watched her interview and MJ was not mentioned. I was like, "dang". So then I came on here, read what she stated and it was pretty sweet. She has been through a lot. It amazes me how much drama these famous tv stars, music stars, movie stars, from back in the day went through. The media was not what it is today and at that time, they could hide so many things about themselves from the public. There are rumors here and there, like the rumor of MJ and Maureen going out in the 1970s, but no confirmation. Now, there is an confirmation. I know that Maureen will be on Access Hollywood tonight so I am gonna check it out.

BTW, did anyone watched the tv show Extra? They, or rather, Tanika Ray interviewed the cast from High School Musical 3 The Movie. They did the interview with children and the stars. It was like a skype type of thing. (If you watch the show, you know what I mean) So, one of the children asked Zac Efron who is his favorite singer of all time. He stated Michael Jackson. So, Tanika Ray (I have to say, I have nothing aganist Tanika, but this was a lame question) asked the children "Do you guys know who Michael Jackson is?" All of the children were like "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" It was just so cute! These children had to be between the ages of 6-11 and these children know who MJ is. That was really nice to see and hear. Now, Access Hollywood also interview Zac and Corbin Bleu and they stated that a scene in the movie (where they were in this warehouse type place were tires and cars were at. If you watch the movie trailer, you might see it.) was actually inspired by the "Beat It" short film. They said that they had to watch all of MJ's old short films and get inspired by them. As you might know, Kenny Ortega was their cherographer who worked with MJ many times. Just wanted to share.

I'm man enough to admit it: Michael Jackson

Real men like Michael Jackson. :)

Thanks DM.

Marcia rocked on Brady Bunch! Cute story. She's always seemed pretty cool and despite any issues she may have had, I can't recall any stories about her acting crazy in public.

Thanks for the news. :flowers:

Thanks for the info on Maureen of the Brady Bunch show. In the 70's those of us who are old enough to remember that Era, already knew MJ had "innocently" taken her out. It was in a magazine or two back then.
I Like it when women from his past talk generously about their time with him and not sound or act bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back