Would you like to see MJ work with Rod Temperton again?

Would you like to see MJ work with Rod Temperton again?

• Yes

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
Rod Temperton has written classic songs for Michael and i think it would be great to see them work together again.

He has written some of the best MJ songs, it would be great if they worked together again!

OH YEAH!!!!
Loooooooooooooooove Rod Temperton :yes:

Rod Temperton was amazing for Michael as songwriter/composer 1979-82, but not for the 2000's. Maybe Rod Temperton song could have a cool retro disco classic vibe, if he wrote a new song for Michael. But as vncwilliam said, return engagements rarely, if ever work and I agree with that.

i reckon it would be fantastic if they worked together again..defnately would be great :)

Sure why not? He wrote or co-wrote a song on Mariah Carey's latest album so I definitely don't think hes lost his touch with today's crop and style of music.

Yes, absolutely. Temperton has written some of MJ's best songs. It would be great if they worked with eachother again.

I'd say go for it! If those two can create something again like what they did with "Rock With You" then i'm all for it. I do think Rod has great lyricism and poetry about him that could definitely work for today. I could almost think of it as a breath of fresh air from all the "baby" this and "ohh baby" that lyrics we hear in today's hip-hop and RnB music.

Not saying I want a revival of the past, but I think it would be a great combination of words and music again!

I don't think it's such a good idea, but I haven't heard any songs Rod Temperton has written since Thriller. Maybe a better idea is if Michael and Rod Temperton co-wrote a song together, considering the songs they wrote seperately on Off The Wall and Thriller were pure genius.

Sure why not? He wrote or co-wrote a song on Mariah Carey's latest album so I definitely don't think hes lost his touch with today's crop and style of music.
Rod didn't write for Mariah - she borrowed part of Off The Wall's melody so he was credited for that. he didn't really do much after the mid-80s and definitely not with mainstream artists like that.

-------

some of his post-MJ tunes over the years:

James Ingram & Michael McDonald - Yah Mo B There, It's Your Night [1983]
Stephanie Mills - Time of Your Life [1985]
Anita Baker - Mystery [1986]
New Edition - Once In A Lifetime Groove [1986] (Rod produced this with Bruce Swedien)

and he only worked on a few songs after the 90s:

qy92qq.jpg

Mica Paris - Love Keeps Coming Back [1993]

2v1vwb6.jpg

Tamia - You Put a Move on My Heart [1998]

2edppgz.jpg

Laam - Love's In The House [2005]

^^
always impressed with your info and the fact that you always find great reference tracks to post on top of that, arX..

Yes, Rod has written some amazing classic MJ tracks (some of the best), but I have no idea if he's in the game now days - and even if he was, a part of me just says leave it in the past. But again, I could be dead wrong, them 2 created gold tracks back in the day so who says it wouldn't work 2008.

We need some more classics in our day n age..

^^ Me too. I'd love to hear more from Rod. :yes:

And thanks for posting all that stuff ArXter. :)

What do recent songs have to do with anything? If the songs from back in the day were timeless, why wouldn't they be now?

I said yes, because collaborations between those two were always epic.......

But Michael had learnt so much and I guess he never really needed a songwriter any longer!!!!!

Back