"We're Almost There" (1975) - classic soul

troubleman84

Proud Member
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIWyTBCvexE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIWyTBCvexE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not big on the melody, but Brian Holland's production is great here.

Last edited:
I love this song:D
I often listen to is when I have to learn a lot for school LOL. "Cause you're almost there! just one more chapter, just 20 more pages! don't give up now!" This song just makes me happy:)

LOL! tell me about it! I haven't even started on my homework :no:

LOOOOVE this song! :wub: What a loving and endearing message :yes:

I really love this song too. Can never get tired of listening to it. When I hear the old stuff, I am often reminded of how hard he and his brothers worked in their youth.

Lovely song and Sweet Melody.

Great song. I see a school theme going on here, I use to sing it in exams, and had it on my walkman, when i use to sneak it in.

there is an alternative mix of this song on some Motown Compilations one being The Best Of Michael Jackson/Jackson 5ive

omfg I thought I was the only one! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE "We're almost There". It's like one of his best Motown era songs. I love this one and "Take Me Back" as well. I like this one a little more though.

omfg I thought I was the only one! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE "We're almost There". It's like one of his best Motown era songs. I love this one and "Take Me Back" as well. I like this one a little more though.

Take Me Back is a brilliant song !!!

Take Me Back is a brilliant song !!!

I know right!

I have a question, I hear the Michael preforemed "we're almost there" in 1975 on American Bandstand (the sameone where he preforms "Just A Little Bit Of You, and then the J5 Dancing Machine, and Forever Came Today). Anyway, I haven't seen "We're Almost There" being preformed. Is this true?

this is a forgotten gem... I read somewhere it did good on the r&b charts back then...but I heard it when I got the Millineum collection of mj's motown hits I love this song...

Back