Thriller Live: The Musical at the West End. You opinions? Will you go?

Tell me your opinion on Thriller Live!

• I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will keep me away from London!

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and I’ll wait for a tour date near me.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • I have seen Thriller Live before and nothing will get me to see it again. (Terrible show)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and can’t wait to see it in the West End

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and will wait for a UK tour date near me

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I have never seen Thriller Live and don’t want to see it.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • I can’t make up my mind.

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

bobmoo79

Proud Member
Thriller Live: The Musical at the West End. You opinions? Will you go?
With the announcement that Thriller Live musical will be doing a 3 month stint in the West End of London (02 Jan – 12th Apr 2009), I was wondering

How many people here have been to see the show?
When?
Where did you see it?
Will you be going to either the West End show or the new UK tour that starts in February?
Also, I have never been, so is it worth my wife and I going to see it?
My wife is not an MJ fan, so it’s gotta be good to keep her interested, otherwise she’ll be bored by the time it reaches half way through.
Do the performers manage to pull it off without seeming to be dodgy impersonators? (I often find MJ tributes or imitation performances cringe worthy – somebody else doing an MJ song in an MJ style doesn’t seem to work for me).
Does anybody know whether there will be any differences (except minor cast changes) from the last UK shows they did?
Thanks
Bob.

Last edited:
Does anybody know whether there will be any differences (except minor cast changes) from the last UK shows they did?
Thanks
Bob.
they are currently looking for someone to play the young mj so he will be different to other shows.

I saw thriller live in May in Northampton and loved it. My husband took me as it was our wedding anniversary. He is not a fan - he likes heavy rock - but he really enjoyed it.
I have never been lucky enough to see Michael in concert so maybe it is differentif you have but I felt the whole show was a celebration of Michaels music and talent rather than trying to be like him.
The young michael had a fantastic voice (and was very cute!) so that is a shame if he isn't performing. I think the performer who did Dangerous & billie Jean was Ricko Baird . I thought he was really good but as I have said I haven't seen Michael.
i would definately go to see it again.

i have voted this one: "I have seen Thriller Live before and I’ll wait for a tour date near me. "...but i have misread it and read "i haven`t seen..."looool so actually i have not seen it, and would go to see it i think if it was in my city:)

I went to see the very first Thriller Show in London ages ago and then I went to see it in Cardiff in April or May. I would definitely like to see it again in the west end.
I went with my husband to the show in Cardiff, he isn't an MJ fan but does like his music. He thought the show was very good and the atmosphere was great, I would recommend going.

I saw the first one in London and really enjoyed it. My partner has already hinted at going as a potential Xmas pressie as he forgot I had already seen it but I'd go back again. It was done a lot more professionally than old MJ days with full live backing band and I didnt cringe too much, it was probably the overexcited fans in the audience who made me cringe more!

There was a show in my town, but tickets were quite expensive and there were only tickets left for the show on monday and i have school that day, but it wasnt very clear for me whats it about.
is it like a tribute concert or like a real musical with a storyline ?:)

more like tribute a concert. going through his career from j5 to now.ppl performing his songs

and I didnt cringe too much, it was probably the overexcited fans in the audience who made me cringe more!
LOL i can imagine

I saw thriller live in May in Northampton and loved it. My husband took me as it was our wedding anniversary. He is not a fan - he likes heavy rock - but he really enjoyed it.
I have never been lucky enough to see Michael in concert so maybe it is differentif you have but I felt the whole show was a celebration of Michaels music and talent rather than trying to be like him.
The young michael had a fantastic voice (and was very cute!) so that is a shame if he isn't performing. I think the performer who did Dangerous & billie Jean was Ricko Baird . I thought he was really good but as I have said I haven't seen Michael.
i would definately go to see it again.

Woop i saw it at the same time. It was great :D

I saw it in Frankfurt on 12. October. It was great. Don't expect them to be as good as Michael himself, but you have to go if you are from London you should not miss it. It's worth the money. Enjoy the nearly 2 h hours with your wife.

I went to its premier in London, and have seen it in Liverpool also. Its ace, but im not going to travel to London to see a show for the third time, lol

i am thinking of going although I have seen it before. Jsut so happens it will be on around m birthday and what other way to celebrate :) ill drag my bf along lol

I was going to see it last year, but was broke, lol. My friend was performing in it and danced at the WMA's with Chris Brown and got to meet Michael afterwards. I will try to go this time.

Unfortunately I don't have the change to go to UK to see it, but I would love to see it anyway.. if they would come a bit nearer..

Thanks for your responses so far.
They have been mainly positive, which is great!

I'm still trying to make up my mind to go and see the show in the West End or to wait and see if there is a date in Reading again. It'll probably be better at the West End, but Reading is sooo much closer to home and cheaper to get to.

i have seen thriller live twice before , once in 2007 and once in 2008

and i cannot wait to see it in london !!!!

28th march baby woop woop !!!

i hope one day it will come to australia
If it does, i will defnately see it :)

i hope one day it will come to australia
If it does, i will defnately see it :)

I saw Thriller Live the first time it was in the West End in 2005 or was it 2006? I can't remember!

Anyway I have had a look at ticket prices for the run in the West End next year and in my opinion tickets are to expensive.

This is awesome news, I have never been before and this is the first ever time I've heard of such a thing, but yeah... I would still love to go, as it'll probably be the closest that I will ever be to seeing Michael Jackson on stage.

I live in Brighton though so it's gonna be a pain in the ass getting to and from lol.

I saw Thriller Live the first time it was in the West End in 2005 or was it 2006? I can't remember!

Anyway I have had a look at ticket prices for the run in the West End next year and in my opinion tickets are to expensive.

How much are they?

I would definitely go see it in the west end this time around....I missed it when it came to coventry awhile back.

Back