The Optimisim Thread

lil_miss_mj

Proud Member
So.... I have difficulty with optimism. It's strange because I can help anyone with whatever they're going through without a problem. I always know what to say, what not to say and how I can help, but when it comes to myself I just can't take my own advice or help myself. :huh: Weird??? Anyone else get this?

So I thought I'd make a thread where we can all help each other? You know, give one another a good ole' boot with the foot of optimism? :) How does one think positively when everything is negative?

sometimes its hard for some to let go of the negative
might not be just that person it could be situations
they have gone through and or too much abuse or
hurt in their lives? sometimes hanging with others
that seem more optimistic will brighten your outlook?
I give it all to God myself. Its hard sometimes to deal :)

Good thread. Positivity is the way to go! At times things may seem tough, but just think that it will never last, and the bad times shall pass soon. :hug:

Thanks guys. *Pets your head and gives you both a scooby snack*

Sometimes it takes one thing to ruin my entire day. :unsure: For instance I got on a train the other day and I always try to smile at people when I pass them, and some woman was just like *rolls eyes* at me. I do think that maybe they're going a bad time and not feeling smiley, but even when I'm feeling down I try and smile at people... chain reaction effect and all that.

Do I think too much? :unsure: LOL

well now a days seems some people are deprogrammed of loving or
sharing or even smiling back and I think it is due to more violence
out there and such? Society and the media feeds people too much
negativity and therefore some latch onto it out of fear or whatever?
some might have been done wrongly its sad how things are now
People wont even say Merry Christmas back to you when you say it
that saddens me. The world has grown so nontrusting not all of us
but the vast majority has their guard up now? :no: wish it wasnt this way

My chest feels really heavy when I start thinking about all the bad in this world. Even the smallest bad thing like not smiling back at someone or saying something horrible about someone else. Sometimes I wonder if it outweighs the good. I really hope that good will continue through human life, for without it I reckon that will be our downfall. :(

Think of Hatred? try to feel it? Then Think on Love? Thats more powerful
to me than anything in this world. Its just in me? Ive been done wrongly in life
but no matter what I dont let it bog me down I try to keep going and find some
good solution to it and stay positive? Yes its like a huge weight when you feel
negative energies but the Good to me outweighs the bad by far. not everyone
views it that way I guess? But that dont make you wrong or a bad person
some have a hard time coming to terms with whatever?
I sit and think to myself to as well that life here on Earth is temporary
we are here then gone in a flash. Its such a fragile thing life
Times seem to have grown worse I agree with you about that
heavy feeling but I Pray To God to mend things. I am not in any way
though preaching to someone to be that way I am just saying on how I am
about life and situations and all that goes with it?

I do wonder what God thinks about all the hatred, it sometimes makes me ashamed to be human to think of all the things people do to one another, to animals, to the environment. It's a horrible thing, but I do feel much better knowing that there are people out there that focus on the good and want to do good for the world and all the life in it. That makes me feel optimistic. :)

He want us to dwell on good and do good to others
Pray for those who spitefully use you he said.
So we do and we hope to keep on going and
not have to worry too much. The world is lost.
To me thats how I am viewing it since years ago
up until now all the years ive seen go by....
its gotten worse in some aspects and better in others?
sometimes its all in how you view it? Get your right
perspective for you? What ever works for your way.

Thanks Poe, I feel better about certain things right now. :hug:

I think being pessimistic is just easier for some people and I also believe that it is a conscious choice to act that way. Negativity gets peoples attention, whether it's during every day encounters with people and their gossiping or the media for instance. Just look at their focus in general on how they report stories, with negativity and maliciousness, people listen and watch it every day. The positive things you hear for 5 seconds in an hour long segment on the news, the good is always overshadowed. It's sad.

For myself personally I make a choice every day that regardless of what I've been through in life or how people may treat me, I refuse to allow negative things around me. Someone else is not going to ruin any happiness in my life in the time I have here on this earth. I just won't allow it. :)

some people are afraid to be optimistic
I think due to the fact of they dont sense
a good outcome? or....some hidden reason
of their own that keeps them from being
happier and looking at thing on the sunny side?

^Maybe, but what is the point in living if you never find the courage to take chances, even if it may not be the outcome we want. That's what life is about, living, learning and growing from both joy and pain.

true but doing it all in negativity shows something
is gone wrong within someone and their world and
or life is what I meant by what I posted.
Some are born with that optimistic outlook and some
have it still regardless of lifes misfortunes and such.
I know I for one have endured many a heartache and or
misfortune in lifes journey but I have tried staying optimisitc
more than letting the negative take me over completely?
I know we all have our days and Lord knows its hard to stay
on an even keel when those days come.

I take a simple view of living. It is, keep your eyes open and get on with it. - Sir Laurence Olivier

To all who have a bad day - go watch the Jim Carrey movie "YES Man"!
Inspite of it being a comic, it's actually very inspirering.

The simple message "Say yes to life" is so important. When you feel too tired to go to that party - then get the behind out of the door and go for it anyway!

I like this thread! Nice one lilmiss. I am surprised to learn that you have a hard time being positive. You seem so positive and bubbly to me. I find sunshine and NOT procrastinating on things helps me out personally. I can't watch the news. It always has something really sad on it and I cry. I think I've always been like that. I remember when I was about 4 years old and couldn't watch the beginning of Flintstones because it made me cry or made me sad seeing Fred get left behind. Certain things will sadden us, and other things bring joy. Try to surround yourself with the joy or at least try to focus on those joyful things or remember the joyful feeling you get with those things.

I'm having troubles too with feeling complete joy and smiling from deep down inside. I think it'll come though. Maybe I'm spending too much time on the computer. I think the computer can be a depressant at times. Daffodils are very happy flowers :) Like little bits of sunshine in a mason jar.

Daffodils.JPG

I like this thread! Nice one lilmiss. I am surprised to learn that you have a hard time being positive. You seem so positive and bubbly to me. I find sunshine and NOT procrastinating on things helps me out personally. I can't watch the news. It always has something really sad on it and I cry. I think I've always been like that. I remember when I was about 4 years old and couldn't watch the beginning of Flintstones because it made me cry or made me sad seeing Fred get left behind. Certain things will sadden us, and other things bring joy. Try to surround yourself with the joy or at least try to focus on those joyful things or remember the joyful feeling you get with those things.

I'm having troubles too with feeling complete joy and smiling from deep down inside. I think it'll come though. Maybe I'm spending too much time on the computer. I think the computer can be a depressant at times. Daffodils are very happy flowers :) Like little bits of sunshine in a mason jar.

Daffodils.JPG

very poetic *melts* funny though - I did'nt like that flintstones thing either when I was a child. Poor guy alone in the dark outside :(

But yes it is the little things in life that makes the difference. To take notice of all the little things that makes the whole picture more colorfull. Like these daffodils in a jar. Very beautifull thought :)

vncwilliam that was a beautiful thought :) Reminds me of this ribbon someone gave me once that said on it "Who I Am Makes A Difference" which I truly believe. So let's get out there and make that DIFFERENCE!!

vncwilliam that was a beautiful thought :) Reminds me of this ribbon someone gave me once that said on it "Who I Am Makes A Difference" which I truly believe. So let's get out there and make that DIFFERENCE!!

thanks Ape. :) and you are right. as we go out and make a difference, we can discover who we truly are.

Beautiful daffodils Ape. I just bought myself 5 bundles of them :D so cheerful :wub:

Beautiful quote vncwilliam. :)

"There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." - Robert Alden

"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"The only people who never make mistakes are those who never do anything"

"Take pride in how far you have come, have faith in how far you can go."

Back