Invincible? (The song)

Stargirl

Proud Member
The title track for the album, in my perspective, seems really underrated. I've just been listening to it recently and feel it is an amazing piece. But I haven't really heard it of it much.
Does anyone else thinks it should have been/should be acknowledged more?

I really wish there would have been short films for a lot of the tracks on 'Invincible' the album. Especially Unbreakable, Threatned, Heartbreaker...and yes Invincible definately.
Any thoughts about the track and the album itself? I really feel it's one of the most underrated albums ever. I think it is amazing and a supreme hit. America was the only place it wasn't number one.

Invincible is the greatest album to be released since MJ's Dangerous. That album is a true masterpiece. I never really thought very highly of the title track itself, but I like it.

Threatened, Heartbreaker, and Unbreakable would have been amazing videos. HCW, Whatever Happens, and BoD also.

And of course 2000 Watts.

didn't care for it when i 1st listened to it, checked it out now for a refresher, still feel the same. . . . not a fan of the album in general.

The title track for the album, in my perspective, seems really underrated. I've just been listening to it recently and feel it is an amazing piece. But I haven't really heard it of it much.
I totally agree with you! I also think it is one of the best songs on the album and a short film for it would have been amazing!! :D I especially love the ad-libs at the end!GREAT SONG! :yes:

I really wish there would have been short films for a lot of the tracks on 'Invincible' the album. Especially Unbreakable, Threatned, Heartbreaker...and yes Invincible definately.
Any thoughts about the track and the album itself? I really feel it's one of the most underrated albums ever. I think it is amazing and a supreme hit. America was the only place it wasn't number one.

mj knew that with this album it is 'how the story ends'. that was his quote concerning Invincible. it wasn't deemed number 1 in the usa, but the usa can't be trusted back then with stats, cus they didn't recertify the album back then. so Invincible's climb is a quiet one. it sold well, quietly. many like you have been coming on line and saying how great the album is. it's sold well over ten million copies, around 2001, so you know it's much better now. and yes...people listening over time are discovering great tracks on the cd. so, while most people get told by the media that what counts is the immediate reports upon release..what really counts is the silent majority over the long haul. so Invincible has done really well, for the very patient Michael Jackson. i love the title track and many tracks def should have gotten videos. just because a song doesn't appear on the american charts, doesn't mean that the song didn't do well as part of a best selling album. take t25. none of the songs that are new mixes appeared on the regular american chart, but the album is number 1 for the year on the catalogue chart, where nothing counts except sales. the regular chart counts how many times radio played the individual songs. but Mj doesn't need radio to flourish, as we have recently seen. the fans still go crazy when he goes outside, and no radio airplay of a will i am remix hasn't stopped the revamped Thriller 25 from being number 1. so it is with Invincible, though now, the album is not being shipped.

I totally agree with you! I also think it is one of the best songs on the album and a short film for it would have been amazing!! :D I especially love the ad-libs at the end!GREAT SONG! :yes:

yeah i know! the song is very cool. i esp. love the chorus. seriously, mike has the best hooks!!

mj knew that with this album it is 'how the story ends'. that was his quote concerning Invincible. it wasn't deemed number 1 in the usa, but the usa can't be trusted back then with stats, cus they didn't recertify the album back then. so Invincible's climb is a quiet one. it sold well, quietly. many like you have been coming on line and saying how great the album is. it's sold well over ten million copies, around 2001, so you know it's much better now. and yes...people listening over time are discovering great tracks on the cd. so, while most people get told by the media that what counts is the immediate reports upon release..what really counts is the silent majority over the long haul. so Invincible has done really well, for the very patient Michael Jackson. i love the title track and many tracks def should have gotten videos. just because a song doesn't appear on the american charts, doesn't mean that the song didn't do well as part of a best selling album. take t25. none of the songs that are new mixes appeared on the regular american chart, but the album is number 1 for the year on the catalogue chart, where nothing counts except sales. the regular chart counts how many times radio played the individual songs. but Mj doesn't need radio to flourish, as we have recently seen. the fans still go crazy when he goes outside, and no radio airplay of a will i am remix hasn't stopped the revamped Thriller 25 from being number 1. so it is with Invincible, though now, the album is not being shipped.

hm... thaz a lot to consider and i think i agree with you. Invincible is a silent hit. But I just wish he could somehow make videos for those amazing tracks now :(

aw well..im sure he's trying to move away from the past and therefore won't go back to them. Well, fingers crossed for his next album...lol...it would be so amazing if he made short films for each of the songs on them hehe!! and then they ALL go on number one... gawwd... wud break any record ever set! and i know michael has the capability to do that :yes:

I LOVE Invincible, there are of course some amazing tracks on there - You Rock My World (which in my opinion was the perfect choice for single release - Cry; not so much), Heaven Can Wait, Butterflies, Break Of Dawn, Speechless and Whatever Happens. :wub: I also really love The Lost Children but it seems alot of fans aren't really into that.

I think one of the problems with Invincible is that I think the songs wouldn't really appeal to people that aren't big Michael fans (Speechless, I think you have to be really into Michael to appreciate this song along with The Lost Children/You Are My Life). I know some of you will say that Invincible is the reason you're a fan, fair enough, but if I wasn't a fan I don't think this album would make me all "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON"

As for the first three tracks on the album, they just don't really appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, I love Unbreakable(once the long intro is over) and Invincible, but I have to be in the mood to listen to them. The first three songs sound very similar aswell and I think they could of done with leaving just one on? Also, because there are 16 tracks on Invincible there are a few I dislike which kinda puts me off listening to the album as a whole.

I sound like I really hate Invincible haha, I don't I actually love it but it doesn't compare to Thriller/Bad etc. to me.

I think if 4 or 5 of the songs were left off, it would have been better, "Privacy" in particular.

Last edited:
But I just think all the songs have great hooks...and therefore enormous potential :yes:

Invincible is my favorite album ever. Period. Out of anyone or anything.

It is my favorite. =]

I love "The Lost Children". That song is severley underrated. The melody alone is phenomenal.

I really like "Invincible". I especially like the end when he sings high and ad-libs.

The entire album is undderated. People hear that it sucks, so they just assume that it sucks. But Michael's never put out a bad album in his entire adult solo career. He's a musical genius and "Invincible" was yet another example of the highest quality mondern music being made today.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I was certain that "Invincible" actually DID get to number one in the United States.

^
Yeah but media, allegations soon motioned it off as well

But it don't matter...invincible is an outstanding piece of work :)

This may be a bit straying from topic but since we are talking about the album Invincible as well as the track ... I just wanna pose a quick question here instead of making a whole new thread on it. When I first heard the track 'Butterflies' I couldnlt believe it was michael's voice at the beginning of it - he just sounded so different. So I just wanna make sure if it infact was him.....

This may be a bit straying from topic but since we are talking about the album Invincible as well as the track ... I just wanna pose a quick question here instead of making a whole new thread on it. When I first heard the track 'Butterflies' I couldnlt believe it was michael's voice at the beginning of it - he just sounded so different. So I just wanna make sure if it infact was him.....

it was him. if you listen to him on Will YOu Be THere, you'll see that his voice is very much the same way in the beginning of Will You BE There.

as far as the album being put off by media..i think, with time..the silent majority sluffed off the media. the album did well. they say that you are only good as your last hit. well...MJ's last hit was the album Invincible..and everywhere MJ goes..he gets reacations from fans as if his last hit was THriller. so..i think Invincible certainly didn't hurt him. we just tend to hear from people who are critical of Invincible..but...there are a ton of MJ fans who we never hear from..and we can't be sure they don't have a copy of Invincible...and, since the 'general public' is enthralled by MJ appearances in public..we can't be sure that many in the 'general public' don't have a copy of Invincible...

and MJ's fanbase is soo big..that if the general public had no Mj albums..it wouldn't even make a dent in the success of mJ's albums..including Invincible.:)

that's why a lot of the media hates him. you don't hate somebody like that, unless you are envious of him. and you can't be envious of him, unless there is a reason to be envious. so..Mj gives a lot of reasons...Invincible had to be a success, or there would be no reason for envy, and lies saying that Invincible was a flop. already E online said that he had nothing but flops except for Thriller..and we know that's not true..so there's no reason for us not to believe they are lying about all the rest of his albums. all of them are a success. so..hence, the media envy.

it was him. if you listen to him on Will YOu Be THere, you'll see that his voice is very much the same way in the beginning of Will You BE There.

as far as the album being put off by media..i think, with time..the silent majority sluffed off the media. the album did well. they say that you are only good as your last hit. well...MJ's last hit was the album Invincible..and everywhere MJ goes..he gets reacations from fans as if his last hit was THriller. so..i think Invincible certainly didn't hurt him. we just tend to hear from people who are critical of Invincible..but...there are a ton of MJ fans who we never hear from..and we can't be sure they don't have a copy of Invincible...and, since the 'general public' is enthralled by MJ appearances in public..we can't be sure that many in the 'general public' don't have a copy of Invincible...

and MJ's fanbase is soo big..that if the general public had no Mj albums..it wouldn't even make a dent in the success of mJ's albums..including Invincible.:)

that's why a lot of the media hates him. you don't hate somebody like that, unless you are envious of him. and you can't be envious of him, unless there is a reason to be envious. so..Mj gives a lot of reasons...Invincible had to be a success, or there would be no reason for envy, and lies saying that Invincible was a flop. already E online said that he had nothing but flops except for Thriller..and we know that's not true..so there's no reason for us
not to believe they are lying about all the rest of his albums. all of them are a success. .hence, the media envy.

Wow yes I am in complete and utter agreement with you. Especilt about the whole envy thing > press just looks for a point to ridicule him from and then they keep at it until they find something new. With invincible the whole allegations and sony controversy and the bitchpiece documentary just gave them more fodder to keep going. Ludicrous really - the lies they make up :(
but despite them...michael Jackson is still michael Jackson ... The biggest and most well known entertainer on the face if this planet.

INVINCIBLE is GREAT...As MJ says, he doesn't believe or read that tabloid garbage and we shouldn't either..DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!! MJ fans know better.

go listen to the full album right now and turn the vol/bass/treble and whatever else you got to maximum , then youll truly appreciate just how underrated this album is.

I love the invincible album. The songs are great (besides "break of dawn").
It´s a shame that the world didn´t pay that much attention to the album (because of the known reasons).

I don't like the Song "invincible" so much.
But i Like many many other songs from the album like "Unbreakable","Speechles" ,"you rock my world" and "Whatever Happens"
And i Think the Song "The lost children" is very Underradted !!!

Personally, to me, TLC is the worst song on the album. I can't even stand to listen to it. It just sounds bad.

who said it sounded like brandy album...who ever said, u is so right...her 2001 album

The title track for the album, in my perspective, seems really underrated.

Absolutely. "Invincible" was always my favorite song and I wondered why nobody cared... really can relate to Michael's sorrow and passion in that song ;).

Invincible was my first studio album(not compilation) of Michael back in like 2003 or 2004. This album is incredible. It's gotten better with age! It truly has! Just an all round beautiful album - modelled around ballads which flow the whole way through. Just about every track on the album is a masterpiece. I know some people dislike Heartbreaker, Privacy and TLC .. but seriously have another listen! Listen to them the whole way through and appreciate Michael's mind at work! Not one bad track on here IMO! I'd name my standouts on this album but there are too many to name. Michael was a true innovator with this album. He took a very different direction to say HIStory which had a lot of built up anger upon there (I love HIStory btw..). This album is just filled with so much love!

Unfortunately, it took me so long to give this album a chance. I was so happy with HIStory and got dissapointed with "Blood on the dancefloor" that I didn't pay much attention to Invincible.

What a fake fan... Shame on me
cici-emoticon-007.gif
, the album is GREAT. I have problems to process "2000 watts", but there are other songs that are really so, so wonderful and so personal. I can relate so much to those. It's such a personal album. I love it. And yes, it IS underated and many people have been buying silently (at my online music store, this is the best seller album of MJ!). The songs are sooooo goooddd!!

Break of dawn..... uuuuuuuuuuuu....
mood_nervous.gif

You are my life and Heaven can wait.... amazing songs... but I can hardly ever listening to those without crying :-(

Jesus, this thread is about the song "Invincible" :D, read the topic folks! Out of the 92 "Invincible" threads, 90 talk about the album, please don't turn the remaining two song threads into album threads... lol

Jesus, this thread is about the song "Invincible" :D, read the topic folks! Out of the 92 "Invincible" threads, 90 talk about the album, please don't turn the remaining two song threads into album threads... lol

"Any thoughts about the track and the album itself?" - In the original post hehe.

I love the track too :)

It went on for about a minute too long im my opinion just repeating ....she's in vinci ble...she's in...vinci ble

I LOVE the song, but just felt at the end it dragged on.

Back