interesting Facts about the HIStory world tour

Screamin

Proud Member
found this on wikipedia, i fund it quite interesting and hope you guys do too.

So at least we all know why the HIStory world tour performance at munich was never released

First Leg 1996:
Bucharest, Romania, September 14, 1996 - The first full televised concert and also the third concert of the tour. During this concert, several problems occurred with playback, and in Billie Jean the playback started late.
Seoul, Korea, October 11, 1996 - During the performance of Earth Song, Jackson, (who was up on a crane) was interfered by a male Korean fan who climbed up the crane just to meet Jackson. Michael held on to the man because he had a risk of falling. The man was then taken away by security after the crane was lowered. This concert was commercially released on VHS in Korea. Before the release of the 1992 Dangerous Tour Concert in Bucharest this was the only commercially released concert.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, October 27, 1996 - The released songs only goes up to Dangerous on the first concert, missing the last 3 songs. Parts from several other songs from the October 29 concert were also released during a news report on TV1000. Because crotch grabbing is considered offensive in Islam, Jackson altered his crotch-grabbing move in this concert. Televised by ntv7
Auckland, New Zealand, November 9, 1996 - The Billie Jean performance here differed from all other released concerts in that the chorus was repeated near the end of the dance sequence.
Sydney, Australia, November 14, 1996 - Only a few songs were released. Just a few hours after the performance, Jackson married Debbie Rowe in a civil ceremony in his presidential suite at the Sheraton on the Park Hotel.
Manila, Philippines, December 8, 1996 - Televised by two different channels, DWET-TV (Channel 5) and GMA Network. The Channel 5 version fades after each song (there is no intro to Billie Jean), but is in higher quality than the GMA version, to which the audio sounds different.
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei, December 31 1996 - Never televised, but performed for the Sultan as with the preceding Royal Concert in July. However, copies of the performance have been given to and kept secret by private collectors. In October of 2008 a poor-quality VCD copy was uploaded on the internet. Like Malaysia, people in Brunei are primarily Muslim, and crotch-grabbing was also removed in this concert and also obscured by different camera angles. This concert is also noted for the first verse of Scream being sung live, and ad-libs in The Way You Make Me Feel.
Second Leg 1997:
Munich, Germany, July 4 and July 6, 1997 - Anticipating this to be a satisfactory performance for a DVD release by Christmas, Jackson made many changes to the filming of the concert to set this concert apart; more extensive camera angles (including individual crowd shots) were used, and the audio was later edited heavily to emphasize the percussion and audience sounds. However, Jackson was tired due to severe laryngitis, and was disappointed at his performance and thus the DVD release was cancelled. However, the performance was televised extensively in many different countries, and numerous versions exist. The most common version is the one aired by Sat.1, though TV1000, Channel 3 and HBO also exist. Most versions had also been edited with a segment from Leipzig before the Jackson 5 Medley about a bug on the stage. An unedited version has the original sound and is from July 4 only (the audio of Billie Jean was from this concert). Two amateur videos from July 6 (one had parts from both concerts) also exist.
Copenhagen, Denmark, August 14, 1997 - Broadcast by TV1000 and Channel 3. Amateur version of this concert, as well as the August 29 birthday concert exists.
Gothenburg, Sweden, August 16, 1997 - Also broadcast by TV1000 and Channel 3. This concert is very similar to the Copenhagen concert. However, the vocals were accidentally silenced for the first minute of Scream.
Helsinki, Finland, August 24, 1997 - Also broadcast by TV1000.

Thank you!!!:flowers:

Seoul, Korea, October 11, 1996 - During the performance of Earth Song, Jackson, (who was up on a crane) was interfered by a male Korean fan who climbed up the crane just to meet Jackson. Michael held on to the man because he had a risk of falling. The man was then taken away by security after the crane was lowered. This concert was commercially released on VHS in Korea.

There is one video about this day,in Korea:

Thanks for posting the interesting HIStory tidbits - I enjoyed reading that! But geeezzz, I can't believe that guy in Korea lol. I wonder what Michael was thinking when it happened lol

Thanks for posting the interesting HIStory tidbits - I enjoyed reading that! But geeezzz, I can't believe that guy in Korea lol. I wonder what Michael was thinking when it happened lol

He was probably thinking ''Someone from Security is so gonna get fired tonight''

Never knew that about the Munich DVD release! It's still not a bad concert, though yeah, his voice wasn't as strong as before.

I've always wondered about the HIStory tour, well, any concert where he's lip synced ... how does the band know the tempo of the pre-recorded vocals? Do they memorize it? How much of the music that's played is actually played live by them or is pre-recorded too? And a lot of the songs use Michael's studio backing vocals ... so the actual backup singers just lip sync those too? (ie "Stranger in Moscow", "Thriller")

Yeah, people were talking about the Munich release on another forum. I actually wrote that whole section on TV concerts. At least it got extensive TV broadcasts but as MJ thought it was a disappointing concert. I can understand that as his voice was sore and his end dance of Billie Jean was horrible...

Lots of great concerts have not been released, but it's always because MJ's a perfectionist and things often go wrong in each concert...

From what I've seen on You Tube, MJ had some great performances during the HIStory tour.

I also like what I've seen from the Bad Tour....man did he have so much energy in his songs....such as APOM. Man he needs to release these to the general public.

Back