Super Bowl 2009: MJ's Presence Will Be Felt???…

Adibobea9

Proud Member
So since not much happened last year during the Super Bowl minus the Thrillicious commercial, do you think MJ's presence will be felt this year?

He is obviously working hard on some top secret agenda and plans on releasing an album and touring, but is he waiting for another event to have his voice heard? Will he quietly release the album or will he market it as much as he did with Thriller 25…

Last edited:
Re: Super Bowl 2009: MJ's Presence Will Be Felt…

highly doubt it been there done that.

Last edited:

No his presence will not be felt.....lol.

I'm a bigger football fan than MJ fan and that means i'm a huge football fan. Either way unless he has some secret commercial planned better than that shitty Sobe commercial last year, then NO we will not hear or see hind nor hair of him.

GO RAVENS!!!!

So since not much happened last year during the Super Bowl minus the Thrillicious commercial, do you think MJ's presence will be felt this year?

He is obviously working hard on some top secret agenda and plans on releasing an album and touring, but is he waiting for another event to have his voice heard? Will he quietly release the album or will he market it as much as he did with Thriller 25…
To be honest, no I don't think so. I was really surprised the Thriller 25 hype got as big as it did. But unless Michael will have had his comeback by then, I don't think there will be anything MJ-related at the Superbowl. If I am not mistaken, he always makes his comebacks in shows or concerts of his own. Not as a guest star.
That is why I never believed a single rumor about MJ making his big come back performance at [insert awards ceremony name] '08. It's just not his style (I think).

Of course if by then he will have come back already - why not? The chances would be slim even then. Has any artist been asked to do the Super Bowl more than once? Sorry, I'm European and don't care for Basketball.

lol, no I know it's football, just pulling your leg. :D

God these thread titles...:smilerolleyes:

just abit. talk about groundhog day

The Thrillicious campaign was extremely effective, no matter how cheesy some might think it was :lol:. It was one of the highest rated commercials during the Super Bowl that year and went on to be shown on entertainment shows etc. long after the game was over. They then paid for a front-page spot on YouTube where millions more got to watch it. The Thrillicious.com site continues to promote Thriller 25. They did that huge land campaign in New York and so on with Thriller-dancing human lizards, huge billboards and video screens, etc. This campaign alongside Thriller 25 helped to introduce and reintroduce many to the music of Michael Jackson.

This year, it's all about the presence of Bruce Springsteen :cool:

This year, it's all about the presence of Bruce Springsteen :cool:
I am waiting with bated breath for a post explaining how maybe Springsteen will perform an MJ song. Or maybe that the fact that Springsteen was on We Are The World means there will be MJ feeling in the house. :D

He is not unounced, so i asume he wont go. Or did someone say he will appear:mello:

Why do people start threads like this?:smilerolleyes: Trying to give people something to hope for, when they know damned well it's not gonna happen?

I don't think any kind of Jackson will be welcomed to do the SB anymore. I just have that gut feeling.

Now why would you think that? :lol:

No.

highly doubt itm veeb there done that.

yep. that's the beauty of MJ. he is the king of been there done that. once he does something, he has never repeated himself, up to this point.

I personally don't think the superbowl is high on his agenda anymore to be honest, but never say never, I suppose...

There are many other events that waiting to be michael-ed haha

No I honestly dont think he has any plans for Superbowl

Very misleading Tabloidish title -
It should be posed as a QUESTION
not a statement -

The Thrillicious commercial was a great sucess and
brought positive attention toward MJ.

Omg... the thread title made my heart skip a beat. :mello: Seriously, I thought it was going to be some news of MJ having plans for the Superbowl or something... o_o

Superbowl time ALREADY????

Umm, where did 2008 go? I think maybe it zoomed in and out because Superbowl 08 doesn't seem so very long ago. Sheesh.

As for Michael, I don't know.

haha it's always felt cuz no one can do it better than he did it then

LOL agree thats why I dont know how Prince made number one on the best superbowl list that wack rolling stones made lol and Michael was last.
Dont get me wrong... I love prince and his performance was pretty good. I dont think it was allll of that though like how critics said but it was good. It was the best in a LONG time and thats why I think they ranked it so high BUT Michaels was off the hook and way better than prince's. He should had at least been in the top 5 in my opinion.

But as far as his presence being felt, no...

LOL agree thats why I dont know how Prince made number one on the best superbowl list that wack rolling stones made lol and Michael was last.
Dont get me wrong... I love prince and his performance was pretty good. I dont think it was allll of that though like how critics said but it was good. It was the best in a LONG time and thats why I think they ranked it so high BUT Michaels was off the hook and way better than prince's. He should had at least been in the top 5 in my opinion.

But as far as his presence being felt, no...

because in rollingstone's heart, MJ was first, and on their mind throughout the making of the whole list, and they hated it. envyyyy

Back